FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > UK to FRANCE Astrazenica batch vaccine info

UK to FRANCE Astrazenica batch vaccine info

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *fireinside OP   Couple  over a year ago

wilts/berks/oxfordshire

We’re off to France and travelling down to Cap D’Adge in three weeks time.

Both are double vaccinated and thought all was looking great until we found out One of us has been given the Indian batch of AstraZenica (covishield)

France say they don’t accept covishield but on my NHS app the only way of knowing it’s not the usual AZ vaccine is just a batch number so Now I have no idea if we’ll make it onto the ferry at Dover….

Does anyone know of anybody that’s made it over to France that has been given the imported batch of AstraZeneca?

Interested to know if they actually look at batch numbers in detail. I hear they’re more focused on PCR tests but at this stage it’s all just speculation.

so I’d be really interested to hear from anyone that’s actually tried the crossing in our situation with the imported AZ vaccine.

Would be so devastating to be turned away at the ferry port.

Thanks in advance!

xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouraineCouple  over a year ago

Blois, France

It looks like you've got a problem. I looked up France's position on the Covishield vaccine made under licence in India. The FR24News website from the 5th of July says that Covishield isn't an approved vaccine by the EMA but is accepted by Ireland and Belgium. It isn't accepted by France - a French government spokesman is quoted as saying 'France strictly only accepts vaccines authorised by the EMA which doesn't include Covishield - the situation will only change for us if it changes for the whole of Europe'.

The journalist contacted various border control people but only Eurostar responded - they said they don't check batch numbers.

I also looked at RFI dot FR from the 2nd July, they say that Switzerland, Holland Austria and Germany have decided to accept the Indian vaccine and that France is currently considering the question.

So not really a definite yes or no for the moment but the situation changes regularly.

By *urreymojoCouple  over a year ago

Ascot

Watching with interest as we’ve both had the Indian AZ jab as well and we’re booked to leave on 20th August.

wilts/berks/oxfordshire

"It looks like you've got a problem. I looked up France's position on the Covishield vaccine made under licence in India. The FR24News website from the 5th of July says that Covishield isn't an approved vaccine by the EMA but is accepted by Ireland and Belgium. It isn't accepted by France - a French government spokesman is quoted as saying 'France strictly only accepts vaccines authorised by the EMA which doesn't include Covishield - the situation will only change for us if it changes for the whole of Europe'.

The journalist contacted various border control people but only Eurostar responded - they said they don't check batch numbers.

I also looked at RFI dot FR from the 2nd July, they say that Switzerland, Holland Austria and Germany have decided to accept the Indian vaccine and that France is currently considering the question.

So not really a definite yes or no for the moment but the situation changes regularly. "

Thanks very much for the reply. Yeah I’ve been digging through the news articles daily for the past few weeks and seen all of this. I know France’ official statement says they won’t accept ‘covishield’ But that mostly applies to India and Africa etc as the NHS app still says AstraZenica Vaxiveria, so they’d need to look into specific batch numbers to turn uk residents away which is why it’s a very grey area for uk travellers.

But it’s mostly all speculation as to how strict they will be at the border….

I’m really hoping someone with first hand experience will post saying yeah they crossed over with no issues. Fingers crossed!

By *inxnmasterCouple  over a year ago

naughty valley

You can still travel with a fresh negative test regardless vaccination

wilts/berks/oxfordshire

"You can still travel with a fresh negative test regardless vaccination "

Not sure where you got that information from??

Government uk website says:

Travelling from the UK you need to be double vaccinated. non vaccinated need to have an essential reason to travel and isolate for 7 days upon arrival.

By *aughtyYorkshireCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"We’re off to France and travelling down to Cap D’Adge in three weeks time.

Both are double vaccinated and thought all was looking great until we found out One of us has been given the Indian batch of AstraZenica (covishield)

France say they don’t accept covishield but on my NHS app the only way of knowing it’s not the usual AZ vaccine is just a batch number so Now I have no idea if we’ll make it onto the ferry at Dover….

Does anyone know of anybody that’s made it over to France that has been given the imported batch of AstraZeneca?

Interested to know if they actually look at batch numbers in detail. I hear they’re more focused on PCR tests but at this stage it’s all just speculation.

so I’d be really interested to hear from anyone that’s actually tried the crossing in our situation with the imported AZ vaccine.

Thanks in advance!

xx"

We go from newhaven in a weeks time. Will let you know if they check the batch numbers.

By *inxnmasterCouple  over a year ago

naughty valley

"You can still travel with a fresh negative test regardless vaccination

Not sure where you got that information from??

Government uk website says:

Travelling from the UK you need to be double vaccinated. non vaccinated need to have an essential reason to travel and isolate for 7 days upon arrival."

Apologies , we travel from Ireland , which is inside EU

wilts/berks/oxfordshire

"We’re off to France and travelling down to Cap D’Adge in three weeks time.

Thanks in advance!

xx

We go from newhaven in a weeks time. Will let you know if they check the batch numbers. "

Awesome thanks very much! Hope you get there ok with no issues!

By *aughtyYorkshireCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Yorkshire

France now accepts this vaccine. Only issue now is the 10 days isolation on return

By *arksuzyCouple  over a year ago

manchester/liverpool

We’ve both had 2 jabs 1 Indian and 1 not .

However we’ve heard that yesterday the french government has brought in stricter rules . Are places open at cap and is it worth the hassle right now?

By *aelic funMan  over a year ago

Carlisle Dumfries

This sets out the French rules on that jab

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/France-now-accepts-Covishield-vaccine-What-will-this-change?utm_source=Master+List&utm_campaign=727c8e8e1a-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2021_07_20&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_9b5fbe85b4-727c8e8e1a-358382853

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

Looking at the growing increase in Covid infections I would wager that the French govt. will start to bring in stricter controls mid to late August.

For political reasons they will be keen not to upset the traditional holiday period and also give a boost to the local tourist industry.

The next four weeks will bear some semblance of normality ( you’ll still have to show your vaccine certs. to enter clubs, maybe restaurants) but then, like last year, the prefecture will start to close down the Cap.

Just hope I’m wrong!

By *exy BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde

We're going to the UK in the autumn, both of us double jabbed.

The biggest problem we can see at the moment is that we might test positive in the 72 hour test prior to leaving France.

Obviously that also applies to any UK visitors returning home.

There's a very real risk of picking up the virus when in bars and cafes regardless of your vaccination status.

You're not going to be welcome back on UK soil without a negative test and for most people, that would be pretty catastrophic.

And then there's the risk of Boris putting France on the red list the day before you're due to travel....!

By *B1000Couple  over a year ago

North Lakes and Manchester

"We're going to the UK in the autumn, both of us double jabbed.

The biggest problem we can see at the moment is that we might test positive in the 72 hour test prior to leaving France.

Obviously that also applies to any UK visitors returning home.

There's a very real risk of picking up the virus when in bars and cafes regardless of your vaccination status.

You're not going to be welcome back on UK soil without a negative test and for most people, that would be pretty catastrophic.

And then there's the risk of Boris putting France on the red list the day before you're due to travel....!"

That’s the biggest issue for us, both double vaxed and neither ever tested positive, so the risk of catching it out there is probably the nail in the coffin for us, given that we would be flying on this occasion

By *aelic funMan  over a year ago

Carlisle Dumfries

You’ve as much chance of getting it in Cumbria/ Lancs as in France unless you’re heading to Cap/Med or La Reunion

Ignore the scare stories in the uk press about France being a hot spot

The figures the uk government used for those quotes including Reunion- and it made up the vast majority of the cases

A uk lawyer has already been quoted as saying the uk government should take urgent lessons in french geography

But of course when IDS was trying to abolish the winter payment for people living in the uk he discovered the temp cut off he was using (the Devon/Cornwall average I think) was actually higher than the average winter temperatures in many European countries including France.

He then managed to push through his bill by including the average winter temperatures for french colonies like Reunion (which is obviously high)

Presumably they are still using that strange map

» Add a new message to this topic