FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > PCR test 24h hours before travel to France

PCR test 24h hours before travel to France

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *palg OP   Man  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I'm going to France in a couple of weeks and there's now a requirement to have a test within 24 hours of travelling.

How is that possible when you only get the results the day after you take the test (so have to take the test 48 hours before travelling)?

How do you all meet this requirement?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rivateshooter2Man  over a year ago

Stoke

Important that we all get the right information. Assuming you have been double vaccinated ( why are you going otherwise ?, then the current UK gov info is :-

Travellers who are fully vaccinated do not need an essential reason to travel to France and do not need to self-isolate on arrival. From 18 July, fully vaccinated adults no longer need to present evidence of a negative test result before travel. Fully vaccinated travellers will need to present the following documents:

a completed ‘sworn statement’ (déclaration sur l’honneur) form self-certifying they are not suffering from symptoms associated with coronavirus and have not been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight. This can be found on the French government’s website

proof of vaccination status

-----------------------------------

see https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements

Stoke

Also check this site ( French) for guidance for foreign visitors :-

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/#sommaire_1

Milton Keynes

I believe the vaccination status affects the need to quarantine or not, but not the fact you have to take various tests before and after travelling (I could be wrong).

Anyway, I have finally managed to find a place that offers results on the same day as taking the test, so all should be good.

Milton Keynes

"Also check this site ( French) for guidance for foreign visitors :-

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/#sommaire_1"

Thanks for the info.

I am a French national actually, so I don't need to provide an important reason to travel there.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Also check this site ( French) for guidance for foreign visitors :-

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/#sommaire_1

Thanks for the info.

I am a French national actually, so I don't need to provide an important reason to travel there. "

Things are changing from week to week so read up now but check regularly for new regs.

Many of coastal/holiday parts of France have current infection rates above 100/1000 residents and each area is bringing in different rules, including curfews in some. You will need proof of double vaxxed status to enter restaurants and bars etc which you can scan into French Tous Anticcovid App.

Milton Keynes

Thank you.

Yes, I'm aware of all this.

It was just the or pre traveling testing rules that were confusing me.

Stoke

Good advice re checking regularly.

Also about different rules in different areas - sometimes as detailed as individual towns.

There is so much in France that makes it attractive - fingers crossed that when you plan to go, you will be able to get in. Getting back out is the more challenging right now !

Milton Keynes

"Good advice re checking regularly.

Also about different rules in different areas - sometimes as detailed as individual towns.

There is so much in France that makes it attractive - fingers crossed that when you plan to go, you will be able to get in. Getting back out is the more challenging right now !"

It looks like to get back out you need a test before travelling and then 2 tests in the UK (day 2 and 8) during the 10 days of quarantine.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"I'm going to France in a couple of weeks and there's now a requirement to have a test within 24 hours of travelling.

How is that possible when you only get the results the day after you take the test (so have to take the test 48 hours before travelling)?

How do you all meet this requirement?"

I thought the test was within 72 hours of travelling

Milton Keynes

"I'm going to France in a couple of weeks and there's now a requirement to have a test within 24 hours of travelling.

How do you all meet this requirement?

I thought the test was within 72 hours of travelling "

It used to be, but it's 24 hours now.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

You don't need a test if you are double vaccinated

By *lhombreMan  over a year ago

Bradford

[Removed by poster at 27/07/21 19:27:54]

By *lhombreMan  over a year ago

Bradford

I'm due to travel back to France Thursday this week and was about to book a test when I found no test needed for double vaccinated folk. That's good news but I only came across this by accident and I thought I was being vigilant and keeping up with developments due to travelling soon.

By *mperfectwomanWoman  over a year ago

Near Morley

I have this issue for my kid. I am fully vaccinated so it’s ok but they are not so they need a PCR Not more than 24 hours before departure. How is that possible when fit to travel test take at least 24 hours?

I have checked the french consulate and gov website. Gov website provides a list of companies doing PCR tests but all take at least 24 hours.

If anybody could help that would be most appreciated

"I have this issue for my kid. I am fully vaccinated so it’s ok but they are not so they need a PCR Not more than 24 hours before departure. How is that possible when fit to travel test take at least 24 hours?

I have checked the french consulate and gov website. Gov website provides a list of companies doing PCR tests but all take at least 24 hours.

If anybody could help that would be most appreciated "

It doesn't have to be pcr test - Antigen is fine as long as it is the fit to travel one and gives you a certificate - you can wait for the certificate and can be in under 30 mins for result. If you are flying then most airlines are giving special price offers to the tests at the airport. If going by car/ferry then check online. I used one in a hotel close to Gatwick and very good service and price. DO NOT use the Boots service I have read some really bad reviews for them not using proper PPE and cross contaminating the results as they are short staffed.

By *carborough_funCouple  over a year ago

Scarborough

I’ve just checked the Chunnel travel advice and gov.uk

And if you are a fully vaccinated adult it appears the requirement to have a test has disappeared ?? It’s all over the place

By *mperfectwomanWoman  over a year ago

Near Morley

"I have this issue for my kid. I am fully vaccinated so it’s ok but they are not so they need a PCR Not more than 24 hours before departure. How is that possible when fit to travel test take at least 24 hours?

It doesn't have to be pcr test - Antigen is fine as long as it is the fit to travel one and gives you a certificate - you can wait for the certificate and can be in under 30 mins for result. If you are flying then most airlines are giving special price offers to the tests at the airport. If going by car/ferry then check online. I used one in a hotel close to Gatwick and very good service and price. DO NOT use the Boots service I have read some really bad reviews for them not using proper PPE and cross contaminating the results as they are short staffed."

Thank you for that. I would have gone with the Boots one but will think again.

I checked for info everywhere but didn’t think of checking the ferry company.

Thank you again

By *appylCouple  over a year ago

kilmarnock

The following was taken from the Gov.Uk site this morning, for travelling to France, on return to UK all testing still in place.

"fully vaccinated adults no longer need to present evidence of a negative test result before travel."

Just need to keep checking to see what are the rules by the time you are due to head to Cap.

That's Great

It doesn't have to be pcr test - Antigen is fine as long as it is the fit to travel one and gives you a certificate - you can wait for the certificate and can be in under 30 mins for result. If you are flying then most airlines are giving special price offers to the tests at the airport. If going by car/ferry then check online. I used one in a hotel close to Gatwick and very good service and price. DO NOT use the Boots service I have read some really bad reviews for them not using proper PPE and cross contaminating the results as they are short staffed.

Thank you for that. I would have gone with the Boots one but will think again.

I checked for info everywhere but didn’t think of checking the ferry company.

Thank you again "

Yes I originally tried to book with Boots as thought of them as a trusted name but the didn’t have any appointments. However in a Facebook Group one woman gave an account of a shocking lack of care by Boots which gave a positive result and she then had the problem of cancelling her ferry and doing a PCR test elsewhere which was negative.

The young person taking the test did not have full PPE on, checked her social messages on her phone in between clients using same pair of gloves for everyone and didn’t clean the area/chair where tests were taken after each test.

They are now refusing to refund her money or admit that there were any problems.

» Add a new message to this topic