FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Travel through France to EU

Travel through France to EU

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just read on Fbook that Macron is refusing access to U.K. passport holders that want to drive through France to get to other EU countries.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Just read on Fbook that Macron is refusing access to U.K. passport holders that want to drive through France to get to other EU countries.

"

Is there an official source fir that? Because it's disconcerting.

"Just read on Fbook that Macron is refusing access to U.K. passport holders that want to drive through France to get to other EU countries.

Is there an official source fir that? Because it's disconcerting."

It’s on the Eurotunnel Website - but that was the only source so it may be wrong. They are saying that unless you have French residency you can’t travel from U.K. to other countries via France.

By *ablicker69Man  over a year ago

UK

Is this just a covid thing, or something the French are putting in place longer term?

"Is this just a covid thing, or something the French are putting in place longer term?"

No it’s the new Covid restrictions.

Having read the official regulations this info on Channel Tunnel is their interpretation. Officially it only mentions transiting France to other EU countries being allowed for 24hrs in airports.

By *ot Wife BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde, France

France is only allowing those people to enter who have a justifiable reason to be there.

This has been in place for several days, so nothing new.

Gov.uk has added some more details today if you want onward travel to Spain.

By *coptoCouple  over a year ago

Côte d'Azur & Great Yarmouth

"France is only allowing those people to enter who have a justifiable reason to be there"

Exactly... nothing at all to do with being "U.K. passport holders" or any other kind of passport holder. We hope to return to France in the New Year (insha'Allah, she's just tested positive and little wonder with the state of affairs here: last night we were in a restaurant so rammed the table next to us was closer than our own seats and not even the waitresses were masked. Two years in France with no problem, first Christmas in the UK and she's down with COVID and I doubt it'll be long before I 'm infected); I'm U.K passport but no problem 'cos I've French residency, she (German) WOULDN'T be allowed in if she weren't my spouse. Holiday or transit are NOT valid reasons for the moment.

By *ablicker69Man  over a year ago

UK

Thanks.

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

I'll tell you how tough France's new restriction are.

My cousin is French, has lived in the UK for years and has alway travelled on his French ID card, never a problem before.

Now he wants to visit us here in France but he's never bothered or was to mean to get a passport.

Result = stuck in the UK, no entry to France for a French citizen with only his ID card!

By *rivextrMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Yes… total chaos!! Apparently covid restrictions but they are actually being proper stupid about it…

By *urvylover999Man  over a year ago

saint james , france

Knew something like this was likely especially after loads of Brit’s who are residents in eu countries (who don’t live in the uk anymore ) chose to go back to uk for Xmas using the excuse of repatriation (especially in France ) to bypass French rules for having that compelling reason to travel .

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Who would have thought it from the little dictator.

By *woppairCouple  over a year ago

NOW living France

Curvy lover well said. And to the last statement.....Macron is no dictator but a politician who puts the health of the french residence before wealth. Vive la France

"... chose to go back to uk for Xmas using the excuse of repatriation (especially in France ) to bypass French rules for having that compelling reason to travel"

Guilty as charged (even though the pre-flight and Day 2 testing cost a damn sight more than the flight), and my Carte de Séjour allows me beck into France. NOT the same for my German wife though - it's not an anti-Brit thing, it's a travel restriction - she is only allowed to enter France as my spouse, I joked with the flic on the way out that if we divorced in the UK she'd be stuck there.

It's come back to bite us in the bum though, two years in France with no problem, one Christmas in the UK to visit the kids and we've both tested Positive. Only sniffles and runny nose, isolating now and hopefully all trace gone before a Fit-to-Fly test and we can catch our flight back...

"I'll tell you how tough France's new restriction are.

My cousin is French, has lived in the UK for years and has alway travelled on his French ID card, never a problem before.

Now he wants to visit us here in France but he's never bothered or was to mean to get a passport.

Result = stuck in the UK, no entry to France for a French citizen with only his ID card!"

He won’t be able to travel back to U.K. on an ID card - changed recently.

By *ot Wife BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde, France

U.K. nationals who reside in a EU country are now allowed to drive through France to reach their home country.

Not an inconsistency: in the same way a Brit can't be prevented from returning home, or we with our Cartes de Séjour returning to our "homes" in France, the Brit with similar residency in, say, Germany, should be allowed through to reach it.

As opposed to driving through to get to a ski resort in Austria!

COVID testing permitting, of course...

By *appymaturecoupleCouple  over a year ago

lower normandy

The figures are double the uk.its not about protecting us here in france,its to have a dig at the brits

By *ouraineCouple  over a year ago

Blois, France

Yup, sadly so, the new infections rate has gone through the roof here and todays's newspaper says Omicron has become the dominant variant.

There might have been a small case for closing the border with the UK at the start of Omicron but I can't see any justification for it now that we're even worse than the UK.

By *YLINDERCouple  over a year ago

CARDIFF

This was reported on BBC news a day or two ago Macron has an election coming up and is trying to look good. It will backfire i think, just like when he tried to tell the French people that astra zenica was no good. Ended up frightening the good french people into not having a vaccine

Happymaturecouple: “… its to have a dig at the brits”

Perhaps in Normandy the locals see the worst of Brits (d*unks rolling off the boat at Calais, paying more for properties than they’d be able to afford, not bothering to learn the language and/or integrate), but down here in the South the “natives” are very friendly… after the initial bewilderment over us choosing to leave the EU they’ve now forgotten all about BREXIT - unlike some on here.

CYLINDER: “Macron has an election coming up and is trying to look good”

Rather than kicking a man (the UK) when he’s down, and getting no plaudits, he’ll use the next six months as President of the Council to deal with Bundeskanzler Scholz as a mature diplomat, on the one hand acting tough for the benefit of the French electorate who DON’T like the Germans, and on the other hand agreeing an EU common military budget by which Germany might finally get some military clout (for such a powerful economic force, they’ve got fuck-all at the moment)

By *eachcplCouple  over a year ago

blackpool/preston/normandy france

Excuse us for living in Normandy and not down in the south. We speak very good French and are an integral part of the local village.

Personal criticism certainly NOT intended, but I have found the "Southern" French to be more much more welcoming than those from, say, Pas-de-Calais.

Large cities don't count of course, Parisians are as equally brusque and intolerant as Londoners (I'm Islington-born, by the way); I tell first-time visitors to the UK that they'll be much more comfortable the further North they go. Or, dare I say it, make their first stop Scotland!

By *landAnnCouple  over a year ago

Inverness

"Personal criticism certainly NOT intended, but I have found the "Southern" French to be more much more welcoming than those from, say, Pas-de-Calais.

Large cities don't count of course, Parisians are as equally brusque and intolerant as Londoners (I'm Islington-born, by the way); I tell first-time visitors to the UK that they'll be much more comfortable the further North they go. Or, dare I say it, make their first stop Scotland!"

_______

Hi, are these travel restrictions still in place?

Planning our 1st trip Adge-area this year, so any info/advice much appreciated, thanks.

_______

"Personal criticism certainly NOT intended, but I have found the "Southern" French to be more much more welcoming than those from, say, Pas-de-Calais.

Large cities don't count of course, Parisians are as equally brusque and intolerant as Londoners (I'm Islington-born, by the way); I tell first-time visitors to the UK that they'll be much more comfortable the further North they go. Or, dare I say it, make their first stop Scotland!

_______

Hi, are these travel restrictions still in place?

Planning our 1st trip Adge-area this year, so any info/advice much appreciated, thanks.

_______

"

No - just check on U.K. gov website for up to date travel rules to France.

» Add a new message to this topic