FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > French TV licence

French TV licence

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ap d Agde Harbour OP   Man  over a year ago

Cap d Agde in May 23 and September 23 Meals in the apartment , horse riding and boat trips

I am arranging to buy a new TV ( probably from Darty in Beziers ) and wanted some advice on a French TV licence.

I completed my French tax return on line yesterday and one of the questions asked was do you have a TV . ? I have answered yes. Does this mean that when I receive a demand for fonciere in October it will also include a demand for payment of a licence . This is what I understood from an internet search and as such I do not need to take any further action .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I am arranging to buy a new TV ( probably from Darty in Beziers ) and wanted some advice on a French TV licence.

I completed my French tax return on line yesterday and one of the questions asked was do you have a TV . ? I have answered yes. Does this mean that when I receive a demand for fonciere in October it will also include a demand for payment of a licence . This is what I understood from an internet search and as such I do not need to take any further action ."

yes generally thats what happens

By *rightonfranceMan  over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

Yep, exactly what happens and darty will pass your details on anyway..

By *om Bert2020Man  over a year ago

Jersey / Swansea

Why a lot of French pay cash and don't give their details, so my next door french neighbors said.

By *rightonfranceMan  over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

"Why a lot of French pay cash and don't give their details, so my next door french neighbors said."

Or do like most brits do and get a british tv and hook it up to a satelite or internet box and not worry about french tv..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Why a lot of French pay cash and don't give their details, so my next door french neighbors said.

Or do like most brits do and get a british tv and hook it up to a satelite or internet box and not worry about french tv.. "

Just like in U.K. if you have the equipment to watch live tv then you have to get a license whether you watch French tv or not.

If you live in a very rural area you may get away with it but many areas are using drones now to check for undeclared extensions and swimming pools.

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

We get 13 euros deducted each month from our account by the tax people to cover audio/visual.

By *coptoCouple  over a year ago

Côte d'Azur & Great Yarmouth

It's automatically included in the taxes foncieres UNLESS you make a declaration that you don't have a TV.

Gonna raise your head above the parapet and take a chance?

By *ap d Agde Harbour OP   Man  over a year ago

Cap d Agde in May 23 and September 23 Meals in the apartment , horse riding and boat trips

"It's automatically included in the taxes foncieres UNLESS you make a declaration that you don't have a TV.

Gonna raise your head above the parapet and take a chance?"

. Thank you. I usually just pay the Fonciere and have never checked what is included. It was only recently I made enquiries about a TV licence . It looks like I have one already then. I pay all my French taxes on line so I will log on and check the Fonciere demand .

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

Interesting to learn that In France the foncière rate appears to be feminine whereas in Jersey I pay foncier (masculine) rate as well as occupier (pronounced as in French)rate. Are more landowners in France known to be female and does France also have 'occupier' rates?

» Add a new message to this topic