FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Cap Dadge

Cap Dadge

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ice n Naughty OP   Couple  over a year ago

Surrey

Hi all.

Apart from the foam party what else is there to do during the day in Cap?

How does everyone entertain themselves?

What does everyone do at night?

We was there for a week and found it hard to meet people, didn’t just want to sit at the beach everyday, we like to get involved and enjoy ourselves as much as possible.

We would like to book up for 2023 and have a much better experience then 2022

XxX

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

What month did you go this year ?

Surrey

We was there from the 28th June to 5th Aug,

It was our 1st time there, and didn’t really do anything during the day, apart from the foam party someone told us about and that was brilliant.

So we want to go back next year but also try to plan more things to do, and also try and meet more people there as we found that part hard.

Any advise would be helpful x

By *ot Wife BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde, France

[Removed by poster at 08/08/22 06:09:57]

By *ot Wife BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde, France

If you were in Cap for 5-6 weeks and you found it hard to meet people then I’d suggest it isn’t the place for you.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Step outside the VN and explore.

So much to do see and experience so visit the tourist info centre it is superb.

Maybe learn how to spell the name correctly.

It’s Cap d’Agde

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

"Step outside the VN and explore.

So much to do see and experience so visit the tourist info centre it is superb.

Maybe learn how to spell the name correctly.

It’s Cap d’Agde "

Yes, this is a fascinating part of France, beautiful towns and countryside, if you were here for 5 weeks just hiring a car for a few days to explore would have been worth it.

Otherwise making contact beforehand with other folks from Fab here at the same time.

We did on our first visit and these ‘regulars’ introduced to others.

And then there’s the beach, if nothing else there’s always something to look at!

By *erseypairCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

agree with _ucianpound

have sent message direct-

if someone asks for advice on the forum please be polite -

yes it can be quite over powering first time

xx

Leeds

"

"

What did you do at night while you were there OP ?

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Hi all.

We was there for a week and found it hard to meet people, didn’t just want to sit at the beach everyday, we like to get involved and enjoy ourselves as much as possible.

XxX"

As others have said. On a longer stay a day or two exploring outside the village can be quite rewarding.

However if you want to stay inside there are still lots of things to do.

The aforementioned foam party's, pool party's at Babylon, and Kamasutra Spa are all a good afternoon. Then of course you wouldn't go to Cap without a day or two on the beach.

If you get a bit of iffy weather then the 2 et 2 sauna in Port Ambonne comes into its own. On bad weather days it gets packed and we've had some good afternoons in there.

At night we used to just network around the bars then sometimes move on to a club.

02Bizoux attracts a lot of English speakers and we always liked the Bodega Bar. Piloterie and Palm Re for sitting and watching the world go by.

For clubs we like Tantra (although parts of it are not for the feint hearted) and we would sometimes go to the 2 et 2 sauna.

Also work the forums on here. Private party's and socials are quite often posted and can be a lot of fun.

We used to go for 2 weeks (late June/early July) every year before Covid and were never bored.

Surrey

"If you were in Cap for 5-6 weeks and you found it hard to meet people then I’d suggest it isn’t the place for you.

"

Sorry was meant to say 28th July,

We was there for a week,

It was our 1st time and don’t want it to be our last, just asking for some advice and ideas of what other fellow swingers got up to. As our experience wasn’t as we had hopped.

Thanks. X

By *LUKCouple  over a year ago

Loughborough

We stayed from 21st-26th July this year and found it really difficult too.

We went to both day and night Babylon pool parties, foam party at Glamour, Tantra 2 nights (and another club whose name I can't remember) etc etc We are in no way shy and very sociable people but really struggled in Cap, mainly down to language issues.

The whole time we were there we only met 3 other couples who could speak English, one of them were at the tail end of a 10 day stay and said they'd had a horrible time because no one would speak to them as they only spoke English (wasn't an anti-English thing either, they were American). We found that the minute people realised we only spoke English, they made a very quick exit too

The place itself is awesome, honestly can't fault how amazing a spectacle the pool and foam parties were, and if we were able to speak French or German we would have had an absolutely amazing holiday.

By *lubcouple4135Couple  over a year ago

Selby

Thats all the trouble, because we wasnt there yet

Cap d’Agde, France

"We stayed from 21st-26th July this year and found it really difficult too.

We went to both day and night Babylon pool parties, foam party at Glamour, Tantra 2 nights (and another club whose name I can't remember) etc etc We are in no way shy and very sociable people but really struggled in Cap, mainly down to language issues.

The whole time we were there we only met 3 other couples who could speak English, one of them were at the tail end of a 10 day stay and said they'd had a horrible time because no one would speak to them as they only spoke English (wasn't an anti-English thing either, they were American). We found that the minute people realised we only spoke English, they made a very quick exit too

The place itself is awesome, honestly can't fault how amazing a spectacle the pool and foam parties were, and if we were able to speak French or German we would have had an absolutely amazing holiday."

Cap d'Agde is in France, and just like the UK most people here only speak their own language, although most businesses here have a better smackering of English than you would find vice versa in an English resort.

Having said that there has been a larger number of Brits and Irish this year than in any of the last two years, there are enough threads on this forum about it.

In addition there are are a whole host of other nationalities who don't have a problem with English, Scandanavians, Dutch, Belgiums, East Europeans and these visitors can be found on other popular international swing sites.

So don't just come here expecting folk to speak English, do some research, make contacts beforehand and you will find that one friendship will lead to another and before long you'll be having the time of your life.

Loughborough

"So don't just come here expecting folk to speak English"

Wind your neck in Lucian, I didn't expect that at all, and I never stated that I did have that expectation.

Maybe I was being naive when I thought it would be like other popular tourist destinations i.e. everyone would find a common ground to communicate. We've been to many spots over the years on "swinging" holidays and never had any language barrier problems, even managed to hook up with a deaf Italian couple in Ibiza one time that knew no English and communicated solely through Italian sign language

We just felt unwelcome most of the time, as I said previously, people heard us speaking English and then avoided us like the plague

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

""So don't just come here expecting folk to speak English"

Wind your neck in Lucian, I didn't expect that at all, and I never stated that I did have that expectation.

Maybe I was being naive when I thought it would be like other popular tourist destinations i.e. everyone would find a common ground to communicate. We've been to many spots over the years on "swinging" holidays and never had any language barrier problems, even managed to hook up with a deaf Italian couple in Ibiza one time that knew no English and communicated solely through Italian sign language

We just felt unwelcome most of the time, as I said previously, people heard us speaking English and then avoided us like the plague"

We have been going to Cap for the best part of 18 years, often twice a year and did find that this year the "feel" was a lot different to previous years.

For instance, the old Johnny Wokkers, even when taken over by the French people pre covid still was welcoming to Brits. This year the same place is totally a French hangout and we certainly felt out of place.

Melrose was OK to get served, but didn't hear any other English spoken apart from us and our friends.

Bodega was still welcoming to us, thankfully.

Don't know if we will go back to Cap, we think we've seen the best of the place which was a few years ago.

Maybe Cap will see even less Brits there next year as the economic crunch hits hard.

Loughborough

"

We have been going to Cap for the best part of 18 years, often twice a year and did find that this year the "feel" was a lot different to previous years.

"

The American couple we spoke to said similar. It was their 4th visit and they said their previous experiences were completely different to this year, they actually seemed quite upset by it to be honest.

We just felt unwelcome most of the time, as I said previously, people heard us speaking English and then avoided us like the plague

For instance, the old Johnny Wokkers, even when taken over by the French people pre covid still was welcoming to Brits. This year the same place is totally a French hangout and we certainly felt out of place.

Melrose was OK to get served, but didn't hear any other English spoken apart from us and our friends.

Don't know if we will go back to Cap, we think we've seen the best of the place which was a few years ago.

Maybe Cap will see even less Brits there next year as the economic crunch hits hard. "

We feel the opposite earlier as this year we seriously thought about putting our apartment in the market but had such a great time in May June we changed our mind.

Our agent told us earlier in the season the number of foreign visitors was well down but would pick up later in the season.

The Wokker factor we had enjoyed for years has waned and we found we enjoy the harbour front Rebiffe Pilou and Bodega.

Haven’t been to a club for years mind you.

As for the language despite having lessons we are useless but lucky as so many French speak English. Those in the hospitality trade need to .

It’s rare to find many other Europeans who don’t speak English.

liverpool

we went late june and going again Sept- we use another site that has a s with a d and a c in the name

we find useful for hooking up with couples from other countries going to Cap at same time-

failing that 2x2 sauna club

also use fab who's near by and invite people of interest to meet for a social cof

ohh la la excuse moi french xx

liverpool

coffee not cof - pretty weird at the best of times never mind with covid!!

By *ife2shortCouple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Fifteen years been going to Cap. Language never a problem. So many good points covered previously. Go out the village- explore. Terre de Soleil an alternative day out. Use Fab -‘ who’s near’. We find that works really well. Oz, Bodega , Piloouterie- full of English. Use Patrick’s Cap Visitors thread to reach out to people beforehand. Walk into L’Arche 2, sit in Petit Flora for a meal ( not for everyone but we love it). Find the Dutch- speak great English and dirty as f@&k! It’s not really that difficult you just have to appreciate you are in a different country and put some effort in. Just don’t expect the whole village to start talking English because some of us have turned up. We have been here two weeks and here for another three- no problem.

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

"Fifteen years been going to Cap. Language never a problem. So many good points covered previously. Go out the village- explore. Terre de Soleil an alternative day out. Use Fab -‘ who’s near’. We find that works really well. Oz, Bodega , Piloouterie- full of English. Use Patrick’s Cap Visitors thread to reach out to people beforehand. Walk into L’Arche 2, sit in Petit Flora for a meal ( not for everyone but we love it). Find the Dutch- speak great English and dirty as f@&k! It’s not really that difficult you just have to appreciate you are in a different country and put some effort in. Just don’t expect the whole village to start talking English because some of us have turned up. We have been here two weeks and here for another three- no problem."

Think your referring to Pizza Flora ? That also has changed, gone are the old staff, who would sit you next to a random couple and tell you to chat to them, always interesting and fun. Now it's just like a glorified fast food place.

By *ife2shortCouple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Yeh- but they still have the Scottish chef tho. We were in there back Jubilee weekend and sat at two different tables over only two courses and propositioned by one English couple, one German couple and three French blokes! Blew them all out and f@&ked another bunch of random strangers! Didn’t catch their names….

By *udistBBWcoupleCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

Could someone please tell us where Bodega is, it seems to get good reviews. We spend most of our nights around O2 bizoux/ Melrose area and are looking for new places to go this year

Bodega is in Port Ambonne opposite the sauna

newcastle

[Removed by poster at 08/08/22 23:37:18]

newcastle

Thanks we wil definitely give it a visit. we’ve been to the sauna quite a few times but never been to any of the bars in Port Ambonne

By *sobiSeksuCouple  over a year ago

Gateshead

Does anyone know if we should we be worried about dress code? I heard of some stressful situations where unless the guy was wearing business shirts and the woman high heels, they wouldn't be allowed in

I'm happy to skip the odd place that is just asking too much, our fear is if most places are like that and we miss lots of good stuff

By *owel CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Living in South of France

"Does anyone know if we should we be worried about dress code? I heard of some stressful situations where unless the guy was wearing business shirts and the woman high heels, they wouldn't be allowed in

I'm happy to skip the odd place that is just asking too much, our fear is if most places are like that and we miss lots of good stuff "

As it’s Naturist, surely you should be asking about the undress code? Seriously, clubs have men in long trousers, women in as little as possible.

Leeds

"

I'm happy to skip the odd place that is just asking too much, our fear is if most places are like that and we miss lots of good stuff "

Why not pack a shirt and a pair of long trousers and then you will have no problems

Gateshead

"As it’s Naturist, surely you should be asking about the undress code? Seriously, clubs have men in long trousers, women in as little as possible."

Yeah that's what I thought but the podcast talking about this said not even jeans were ok. And we don't even own high heels :/

Anyway, my question was intended to get some info on how common are those restrictions and if it would be a problem. If it's only one or another place, I'm happy to avoid them, if it's pretty much everywhere, we'd have to consider bringing some stuff even if we need to buy something. Not what I was expecting.

By *xoncplesCouple  over a year ago

Oxford

Hi, our experience is that the woman will need a pair of high heels. We have seen at Glamour some women turned away for wearing trousers or no heels. Whether you agree with this or not it seems to be the requirement - men dressing smartly and women in heels and skimpy outfits!

Gateshead

"Hi, our experience is that the woman will need a pair of high heels. We have seen at Glamour some women turned away for wearing trousers or no heels. Whether you agree with this or not it seems to be the requirement - men dressing smartly and women in heels and skimpy outfits!"

I saw on the website of clubs the mention of no trousers, but high heels seems excessive. And some people are not even supposed to wear them due to a history of DVT. Oh well

Thanks for the info anyway.

Cap d’Agde, France

Tantra certainly requires high heels, one young couple (sharing is caring podcast) describe being given a pair of heels by the club just to enter and then discarding them once inside.

All sounds a bit absurd but I guess club owners can do what they want in their own premises.

By *leasureseekers123Couple  over a year ago

Hythe

"

The American couple we spoke to said similar. It was their 4th visit and they said their previous experiences were completely different to this year, they actually seemed quite upset by it to be honest.

"

I suppose the experience is different for everyone, but we had one of our best ever years there this time round. We swung every day except 1 and chatted to quite a few people.

We always stay in Port Nature and what we did find was that there were less balcony parties and certainly less single guys prowling around the balconies. Can only presume the cost has put them off.

Cap d’Agde, France

Security has increased considerably during the last two years and any single guys prowling the walkways are ejected from the resort if they can’t prove they are staying there.

Plenty of balcony parties last night (Tuesday) lots of, mainly French couples, in their 30’s/40’s

Our friends who own 3 apartments in Port Nature4 are fully booked this year and half of next already.

Increase in apartment rentals couples with a C. of L. squeeze plus Covid might has affected some numbers or reluctance to party but on the evidence we saw last night (mid week) this place is buzzing.

The new cafe restaurant area next to the port was heaving with Music pumping out, lots of very young (and beautiful) young people there.

We know from our young (French) female cousins that the Cap is the place to come.

As one 27yr old says, she knows that she can come to the resort, dress in the sexiest clothes, dance erotically yet also know that no creepy guys will be touching her up or aggressing her any way.

For young attractive females the Cap is as safe as it gets!

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Fifteen years been going to Cap. Language never a problem. So many good points covered previously. Go out the village- explore. Terre de Soleil an alternative day out. Use Fab -‘ who’s near’. We find that works really well. Oz, Bodega , Piloouterie- full of English. Use Patrick’s Cap Visitors thread to reach out to people beforehand. Walk into L’Arche 2, sit in Petit Flora for a meal ( not for everyone but we love it). Find the Dutch- speak great English and dirty as f@&k! It’s not really that difficult you just have to appreciate you are in a different country and put some effort in. Just don’t expect the whole village to start talking English because some of us have turned up. We have been here two weeks and here for another three- no problem.

Think your referring to Pizza Flora ? That also has changed, gone are the old staff, who would sit you next to a random couple and tell you to chat to them, always interesting and fun. Now it's just like a glorified fast food place."

That is a shame, we always loved Pizza Flora. Even hooked up a couple of times with people we met while at the table.

Our last visit was in 2019 and after 10 years we were getting a bit tired of the place even then and were debating what to do for 2020. In the end Covid made the decision for us.

Having a foot in two camps (English and German) made it easier from a language point of view and over the years we met many nice French people. I would add that we met a few obnoxious twats as well.

After Wokkers changed hands we didn't go there as often as we used to. The guys that run it are nice enough but even then we thought it had lost some of its vibe. In later years we preferred Bodega Bar.

We are hoping to go back next year but we will ditch the fortnight and probably just have a week there.

As you say, I think Cap's best years are behind it, but it still unique and (although a bit diminished) has a lot to offer.

From what we see I think it’s more of a case that many contributors to this post us included have left the better years behind us.

Long gone are the days of us going to bed when the sun is rising in Cap.

I’m in Paris now x

By *igj261Man  over a year ago

manchester

I’m thinking about booking cap as a single guy any advice on where’s good to stay x

By *B1000Couple  over a year ago

North Lakes and Manchester

Intersting thread having just returned from 12 nights and had the best time ever… but from our perspective- we don’t go to cap to meet Brits, we hardly use fab while there for meets as other sites with private parties afford plenty opportunities. We had parties almost every night & only went to a club (Tantra) once with a group of friends and although one was challenged for wearing a play suit with shorts, as we were a group she still got in. It doesn’t take much effort to try a different language and usually results in all reverting to English once you have made an attempt (we get by but not fluent) but so many Scandinavians and other English speakers, inc Aussies, Americans, South Africans and of course most Dutch, Swiss, German and Belgians(pretty much the range that attended our own balcony party) so it’s never been an issue for us and we have made lots of good friends. However if all that was a problem then we would probably just go to Benidorm instead

By *ouraineCouple  over a year ago

Blois, France

Yes, agree with you MB1000, we had our best year ever. We were there for two weeks but lost a week as be both got covid. The second week we met a charming English couple for the apéro then mostly French and Belgian couples. The new outdoor DJ area by the port is just excellent for dancing and meeting so for the first time ever we didn't go to any of the clubs. We'll definitely be back for the same two weeks next year.

By *B1000Couple  over a year ago

North Lakes and Manchester

"Yes, agree with you MB1000, we had our best year ever. We were there for two weeks but lost a week as be both got covid. The second week we met a charming English couple for the apéro then mostly French and Belgian couples. The new outdoor DJ area by the port is just excellent for dancing and meeting so for the first time ever we didn't go to any of the clubs. We'll definitely be back for the same two weeks next year."

Totally agree on the DJ by plug and play, we had a couple of pre party drinks there and think it was a Wednesday evening the DJ mix with the Sax & percussionist was brilliant, if you could get a seat

By *om barbaraCouple  over a year ago

staffordshire

"We stayed from 21st-26th July this year and found it really difficult too.

The place itself is awesome, honestly can't fault how amazing a spectacle the pool and foam parties were, and if we were able to speak French or German we would have had an absolutely amazing holiday."

that a shame we love meeting people in cap. Happy chat if like to inbox us. X

By *ornado69Man  over a year ago

High Wycombe

Im goimg for a long weekend on 17 to 20 September and one free to guide me around the good parts

By *orkshireDrifterMan  over a year ago

Bridlington.

Go further up the beach to the East almost to Marsilliane Plage, sex all day, naked on the beach and in the bushes behind if not closed off.

High Wycombe

Thank you for the tip

Don't worry Grandad, yours truly will be back on scene next year with new camper. We'll sort the buggers out ! Lol xx

By *ap d Agde HarbourMan  over a year ago

Cap d Agde in May 23 and September 23 Meals in the apartment , horse riding and boat trips

"Hi all.

XxX"

. It might depend if you have a car with you. Agde is worth a trip to walk around as is Cap d Agde ( not village naturiste ) . You can also go horse riding and do a day trip to Montpeilier. For sex the Sauna is worth a visit and you can easily pass an hour just by having coffee at 1664.

High Wycombe

"Hi all.

XxX. It might depend if you have a car with you. Agde is worth a trip to walk around as is Cap d Agde ( not village naturiste ) . You can also go horse riding and do a day trip to Montpeilier. For sex the Sauna is worth a visit and you can easily pass an hour just by having coffee at 1664. "

Lol which sauna

Cap d Agde in May 23 and September 23 Meals in the apartment , horse riding and boat trips

"Hi all.

XxX. It might depend if you have a car with you. Agde is worth a trip to walk around as is Cap d Agde ( not village naturiste ) . You can also go horse riding and do a day trip to Montpeilier. For sex the Sauna is worth a visit and you can easily pass an hour just by having coffee at 1664.

Lol which sauna "

. The one in Port Ambonne.

By *otnatured1Couple  over a year ago

Bexley

Can anyone recommend a good motorhome site in Cap? It's our first time and we have no idea what's good and what isn't !!!

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Can anyone recommend a good motorhome site in Cap? It's our first time and we have no idea what's good and what isn't !!!"

If you want to be inside the naturist village (recommended) then there is only one.

Run "Rene Oltra" in google and you will find it.

By *dinuffCouple  over a year ago

Derby

"Can anyone recommend a good motorhome site in Cap? It's our first time and we have no idea what's good and what isn't !!!"

Rene Oltra is the only campsite inside the village gates..

By *onnylondon39Man  over a year ago

epsom

Hi all, hope we are well. Visiting cap Agde this week for the first time. Will be alone this time so any advice I would really appreciate. Any tips for a single guy on where to go? Bars clubs or saunas.

Say hi if you’re going.

Thanks again,

"Hi all, hope we are well. Visiting cap Agde this week for the first time. Will be alone this time so any advice I would really appreciate. Any tips for a single guy on where to go? Bars clubs or saunas.

Say hi if you’re going.

Thanks again,"

. It will be quiet but you can still have a good time .

a. Drinks and People watching. Pilouterie Bar .

b. Sex. The Sauna . Entry is 55 Euros

c . Coffee or a relaxating daytime drink. 1664 bar.

d. Late night drinks. Bodega bar

High Wycombe

Just had a superb 4 days in Cap. Met some wonderful people and can not sing the praises of how welcoming the place is.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Maybe Cap will see even less Brits there next year as the economic crunch hits hard. "

We had a good time early June, not buzzing and only met 4 English couples and a few single guys.

It was, in hindsight, a bit too early.

Bodega was busy at night but as previously mentioned the old Jonny W was a predominately a French gay bar but we were made very welcome and had a good few nights, seemed to have party nights.

The place above O2B was good too, met a couple of single French guys.

We met more people visiting the beach directly in front of O2B.

Not a play beach but found it really easy to chat to other couples.

Are our days of Cap visits numbered, maybe.

We are all getting older and the new tranche of younger swingers are arriving.

Cap 2023, maybe not.

Although nowhere else like Cap we have met couples and singles for fun in some places like Fuertuventura and Lanzarote and had a ball in Benidorm, met loads of people from FAB, nice club too.

May take a trip along to Vera during Spring next year, see what happens.

By *atonMan  over a year ago

barnet

There is a palpable disdain from many of the French toward the English if we don't attempt conversational French which is understandable if a tad rude. We've met many French and have ongoing friendships with them . Cap is amazing.

» Add a new message to this topic