FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Ukrainians in France

Ukrainians in France

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ouraine OP   Couple  over a year ago

Blois, France

We live in France and yesterday evening we had a family and friends get together. The subject of Ukraine came up and one of the women said she'd seen loads of Ukrainians in France this year. Nobody else had seen any.

'How do you know they were Ukrainians?'

'Because they have a sticker on the back of their cars with UK written on it.'

We explained but she wasn't convinced. Anyway, if you're driving to Russia this year, it might be an idea to use a GB sticker instead.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

What sticker do genuine Ukrainians have ?

Leeds

UA

By *afunkyfreaksMan  over a year ago

High Wycombe

There are Ukrainian refugees in France. Quite a few actually have been welcomed but i've yet to see an ukrainian car. The country code is UA. GB is not a valid code officially anymore,it should be UK.

By *exy BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde

Think the GB sticker comment was tongue in cheek….

By *heccoCouple  over a year ago

Normandy France

we seen lots of Ukrainian cars in bothe Normandy/France and Spain... Usually quit expensive cars at that!

High Wycombe

I'll be more careful to the UA on the back of cars. I have seen ukrainian working in shops though. About the cheeky GB comment, well, actually i have only got a GB one too (when i remember to put it on), never been stopped though, french policeman do not speak much english normally, so they tend to avoid british number plates.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I'll be more careful to the UA on the back of cars. I have seen ukrainian working in shops though. About the cheeky GB comment, well, actually i have only got a GB one too (when i remember to put it on), never been stopped though, french policeman do not speak much english normally, so they tend to avoid british number plates."

I think you might find that has changed since Brexit.

By *xposedInTheSunCouple  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

"we seen lots of Ukrainian cars in bothe Normandy/France and Spain... Usually quit expensive cars at that! "

Well I guess the cheap cars couldn't make it that far.

By *evonmail41Man  over a year ago

Yeovil

"I'll be more careful to the UA on the back of cars. I have seen ukrainian working in shops though. About the cheeky GB comment, well, actually i have only got a GB one too (when i remember to put it on), never been stopped though, french policeman do not speak much english normally, so they tend to avoid british number plates."

The GB sticker is no longer to be used. Since we left Europe we now use a UK sticker instead.

By *onnyadtMan  over a year ago

Uttoxeter

"

The GB sticker is no longer to be used. Since we left Europe we now use a UK sticker instead.

"

Same, bought off amazon to cover the slim GB part on the number plate, works a treat. Noone has asked me if I'm Ukraine yet, well, I don't look the typicak Ukraine type infairness

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

Think that the sticker should be DK since, following Brexit the kingdom is more Disunited than ever!

Leeds

DK is already used by Denmark

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

Perhaps DIK then!

By *eachcplCouple  over a year ago

blackpool/preston/normandy france

Don't you believe that. The gendarmes and in particular the douane are starting to target what are obviously British vehicles. They are impounding vehicles at the ports if they still have English registration plates on them and the occupants are residents in France. Cars must be changed to French registration if they have been in France for 3 months. There have been some really large roadside checks in this area and cars are being taken and impounded with large fines also being issued. Clearly France is becoming tougher on those who are living here and flouting the rules.

Previous posters are correct. GB stickers cannot be used here.

By *aelic funMan  over a year ago

Carlisle Dumfries

One Brit was stopped at the port recently heading to the uk in a uk registered car but with a carte de sejour.

His fine was 1500€ - after much arguing he said but it’s a company car not mine. He was, after the Douane checked, then fined just 150€ for driving a uk registered car without a letter of authority from the owner

One guy locally to me was stopped last week and fined 1000€. UK plates but no UK badge - the giveaway for the police was that it was LHD. He’s a French resident so driving illegally and the gendarmes will now make sure he replates the car to French numbers

So be warned.

By *andy111Couple  over a year ago

BIRMINGHAM

I was stopped twice last year and asked If I was Ukrainian. Once by some Germans on Rene Oltra campsite, and once outside Hyper U by a french man. They could not understand why a Ukrainian car was RHD

By *fucksakeCouple  over a year ago

cuffilly

"There are Ukrainian refugees in France. Quite a few actually have been welcomed but i've yet to see an ukrainian car. The country code is UA. GB is not a valid code officially anymore,it should be UK."

It is valid in france its just brexiteers stamping their authority.the french dont care if its GB or UK. We are known as both. Grande Bretagine ?

High Wycombe

GB has not been valid for almost a year. Now, it's UK the valid country code. As you can read above,plenty have had issues. Myself never though.

By *xposedInTheSunCouple  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

It's nothing to do with Brexit. GB was always wrong because GB doesn't include Northern Island

» Add a new message to this topic