FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Cap d’Agde location advice

Cap d’Agde location advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *on_Lara OP   Couple 2 weeks ago

london

Hi, we know there’s a lot of threads on Cap but can’t seem to find the advice we’re looking for. Where’s the best place to stay outside the naturist area, but still easy to get to the nightlife action / swinging clubs etc? We’ll be there in Aug.

Any advice welcome. J&L x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophienRobCouple 2 weeks ago

bristol

Anyone with experience of Le Cap will simply say you should really be looking to stay in the village if you want to experience it. The nightlife really gets going around 11.00pm. Taxis are notoriously difficult to get hold of. It's not just "an area" it's a fenced and patrolled resort. You will need to pay for a daily pass to get into the village. So the only "easy" place to stay is inside the resort.

By *exy BeckyCouple 2 weeks ago

Agde

As above, no “best place” outside.

Take a look at a map and you’ll see lots of accommodation on the road leading up to the entrance.

Any agency will book you in to a place that takes your fancy.

Can’t overstate the inconvenience of staying outside. It’s a very long walk home at the end of the night.

And after a beach day, you’re looking at four long walks every day…!

By *ife2shortCouple 2 weeks ago

Cheltenham

I guess if the context of dipping your toes in I understand why you may do it this way. We started like this. The village can be overwhelming on your first visit if not experienced swingers. Plus there is lots to see outside the village- tons. Our experience comes from the fact we own an apartment in main Cap for the last 16 years for family stuff and when we do the village we stay in the village. Going out in May for 5 days and will spend it all in the village. Going out in June and will spend it main Cap but coming for the days at Tantra and the beach and bus back in to town that runs until 12am for 2 euros each. So in summary, best to stay in the village- but you dont have to.Put it this way - we have been going to Cap for 20 years(most years 4 and 5 times a year) and in May we are staying in a mobile home on the camp site- never been to the campsite- but why not!!! You never get bored of Cap but you can do things in different ways. So- to answer your question- we need to know if you have transport, happy to walk/ride or happy to get a bus back and forth? There are hotels and apartments that you can hire right up to the entrance and there are hotels into town that you van get buses from. Its really down to you. Let me know if you want more specific details.

Cheltenham

"I guess if the context of dipping your toes in I understand why you may do it this way. We started like this. The village can be overwhelming on your first visit if not experienced swingers. Plus there is lots to see outside the village- tons. Our experience comes from the fact we own an apartment in main Cap for the last 16 years for family stuff and when we do the village we stay in the village. Going out in May for 5 days and will spend it all in the village. Going out in June and will spend it main Cap but coming for the days at Tantra and the beach and bus back in to town that runs until 12am for 2 euros each. So in summary, best to stay in the village- but you dont have to.Put it this way - we have been going to Cap for 20 years(most years 4 and 5 times a year) and in May we are staying in a mobile home on the camp site- never been to the campsite- but why not!!! You never get bored of Cap but you can do things in different ways. So- to answer your question- we need to know if you have transport, happy to walk/ride or happy to get a bus back and forth? There are hotels and apartments that you can hire right up to the entrance and there are hotels into town that you van get buses from. Its really down to you. Let me know if you want more specific details."
Forgot to add to previous posts- DO NOT TRUST THE TAXIS. Taxis back and forth from airport - FINE- 3 o'clock in the morning from the village- forget it!

london

Many thanks (to all replies). We’re experienced swingers but not naturists so I guess it’s the idea of queuing for your milk in the buff is what’s putting us off

Cheltenham

"Many thanks (to all replies). We’re experienced swingers but not naturists so I guess it’s the idea of queuing for your milk in the buff is what’s putting us off "

Really!!Thats your concern! Dont worry about that!!!! Sarongs for males and females totally acceptable. Wife wears a long sheer shirt if sitting down for lunch. Basically unless you are staff it is frowned upon to walk around in jeans and shirts but you dont have to fully nude either- except on beach! perfectly acceptable to wear strategic textile covering while going about you business in the day and sexy clubwear in the evening- hope that helps.

london

thanks, partial clothing works

Cheltenham

" thanks, partial clothing works "

I think others will say the same. But I definitely would worry about it. All shapes and sizes. Plus we Brits have a tendency to burn quite easily so sometimes need to cover up.

By *ophienRobCouple 2 weeks ago

bristol

Lashings of factor 50 can help. But that's actually another argument in favour of staying in the village. You actually have somewhere to retreat to other than one of the bars or restaurants. We would never dream of spending a whole day on the beach without some shade available.

By *araphillCouple 2 weeks ago

london dublin

Staying in vence in the south of france for two weeks in July , would like to travel to cap dage a few nights which we think is close by ,any one been to club there , sounds amazing

By *exy BeckyCouple 2 weeks ago

Agde

We first went to Cap in 1990, over 30 years ago.

It was a naturist resort with clubs and a beach scene.

Signs everywhere saying “Nudité obligatoire”

That has changed over the years, it’s now definitely a clothing optional resort although it still calls itself “Village Naturiste”

Shame really, but c’est la vie..

By *havenpussycatsCouple 1 week ago

Cambridgeshire

For the first couple of times we visited we stayed outside in Beziers, but we don't drink and so were okay driving. Getting in that way there's free parking outside in a nondescript car park. Then you have to walk in via a turnstyle gate, and accross a car park inside. It's not that convenient, but doable for an evening club visit. Not practical for beach IMO (too much walking). You also have to buy a pass. Last couple of times we stayed inside and it's way better!

TLDR - book inside, and go for an appartment!

» Add a new message to this topic