FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Beautiful france

Beautiful france

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

After having driven toll routes to cannes many times with work, I've just spent two and a half days riding non toll roads to cannes. Across the somme, champagne region and the alps. What a stunning, beautiful country. I'm blown away by the scenery, villages, vastness, food, booze, people etc. Some roads I remember were d966 d1075 n85. Sisteron and castellane then down into cabris to cannes was amazing if a little hairy at times. A night in o sullivans at mandelou nepoule (sic) then French riviera to Cap D tomorrow or Sunday. Just thought I'd post to encourage any one to get back roads across France

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

The back roads are fantastic in France.

I seldom use the autoroutes.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Whenever time allows we will always try to use the N roads and we've made some wonderful discoveries over the years.

If you think about it France just has to be the best lump of land in Europe.

Atlantic coastline, wonderful wine regions, a good chunk of the Alps, Mediterranean coastline, half of the Pyrenees, and not forgetting Cap d'Agde.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Been going to France with my wife then kids soon grandchildren since 1980s to montecarlo in a mini, Loire, cotes de Rhone, in a very bus. Back then some AutoRoutes weren't built

Some 25 plus times to Morbihan too ( secretly the best corner of France!)

Love the back roads abbeville, mayenne, fougeres, ploermel, vannes, also way cheaper but not with a caravan ;-(

Bon chance and if anyone needs help on breizh ( Bretagne/ Brittany) let me know or see my post

Ps o e word of warning, my wife came back pregnant ("in tent tionally") twice

;-)

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Great inside info thankyou. Will keep a note and visit all of the above over the next few years. Hoping to go back via brittany. J

By *om Bert2020Man  over a year ago

Swansea / Jersey

I could not agree move, using the N routes travelling through small towns and villages you come across some really fabulous, restaurants, cafes and B&B’s

The roads can be just as quick as many don’t have a lot of traffic on them, and fantastic views.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It is important to be sensible when travelling and using D roads. If covering main routes ie Paris to Marseille, you are much faster on the autoroute however, whenever you are travelling in less dense areas, the D roads have much to offer and are often almost as quick with the added bonus of nice places to stop.

Plan your journey and reap the benefits of France's beautiful rural areas.

» Add a new message to this topic