FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > france oltra campsite cap d agde

france oltra campsite cap d agde

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *xyldncpl OP   Couple  over a year ago

hadlow

cap d agde we are there for 5 days camping 14th to 19th july message if your about xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hropsDuoCouple  over a year ago

Shropshire

We're camping then. Out of your age range, but happy to meet for a glass of Rose

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Bring plenty of insect repellent - they are out and about looking for fresh blood!

Shropshire

Oh no.. haven't brought any this time & they love me!

We arrive on the 31st July for 11 days.

Thanks for the heads up on the insects . Was hoping to get licked and sucked not bit lol

The problem is down to environmental issues. They always sprayed to control the mozzies, but this was opposed as there is a nature reserve almost "next door" to the campsite. So in effect killing wildlife so it was stopped. Hence the stagnant pools of water are an ideal breeding ground. A friend had 32 bites and needed treatment - never rent again!

We are staying in Helioplois in a weeks time - is the insect problem only on the campsite or or the little blighters a problem throughout the Cap?

There is nothing sexy about a mozzie bite on your bits!

By *achelnMarkCouple  over a year ago

Mid Wiltshire

Hmmm

Been on campsite for a week. Maybe 4 bites. None from mozzies. Only seen a couple of mozzies

Our bites were from the ground so probably ant or similar, so not lying in camp site grass and wearing sandals has been fine. Spraying tent when going out also helps.

We tend to have a few hours in the shade on pitch during day.

No worse than any other site to be honest!

We have Asian 100% deet with us and it's not been used.

Don't worry!

By *irty rotten scoundrelsCouple  over a year ago

bath

Hi Guys,

Can somebody just let us know if this is an issue in the town around the bars/clubs etc? My wife is allergic to the bites so she is panicing that she will get bitten in and around town at night? We are staying at the Heli so hopefully far away enough from the camp sites not to be a problem??

[Removed by poster at 11/07/17 11:15:52]

By *achelnMarkCouple  over a year ago

Mid Wiltshire

Stop worrying!

No issue in town and hardly anything on the camp site.

No worse than any outside bar in France.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Really looking forward to a few horny days in the sun!

By *DCouplexxCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

We are in Cap d'Agde from 14th to 19th july too.

By *B1000Couple  over a year ago

North Lakes and Manchester

Agree with Rachelnmark, been here for a week now, no issues with mossies, only being stung by the bar prices in Melrose

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

lets get it right just about all the bars sting u in the cap ...always found the bodega good /ok....remember take loads of money ....by the time u leave u will be a lot poorer....if only they had good bizz brains it would help...over the years they seem to be pricing people out of the place ....

By *illnDaveCouple  over a year ago

southend

We've stayed in apartments and on the campsite and have had insect bites in both, but nothing out of the ordinary. We always buy a can of insect spray and spray the accommodation each night before going out and that seems to work.

By *DCouplexxCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Looks like it is going to be even too hot for mossies this week!

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

how much is it for a campervan for a week in august ???

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

The mosquito problem is getting worse and people throughout the whole area, not just the naturist village are complaining. Local supermarkets and pharmacies have as much insect repellent as sun cream now whereas they had none just a few short years back.

So come prepared although you will have to accept if you are camping, especially, that you will get, despite precautions, quite a few of these itchy bumps.

Mind you, mosquitos are not the only insects that bite.

By *ot Wife BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agen, France

We're staying at a naturist site just up the road from Cap. It's been good so far this year, maybe a dozen bites between us since May. Last year was similar.

You don't want to know about 2015.....!

By *ittall2020Man  over a year ago

Norwich

It's not just mozzies. Alas. I stopped there for a couple of days the weekend before last. Never saw a single mozzie, but while I was packing up I was, er, attacked by a cloud of tiny light coloured flies/midges- that was Monday morning 11 days ago & half of the many bite are still ridiculously itchy. Never had anything like this, Greek mozzies can be bad but at least the bites are gone in a few days. Not sure I'll go there again ever.

By *esFranceMan  over a year ago

France

Stayed on campsite for 2 weeks sat out most evening no real problem few bites off sand flies on beach but ok campsite is 43 euro a night including lecy in high season Back 28th Aug for 10 nights Les XxxX

By *uxinteriorMan  over a year ago

south west , continental

Mosquitos are not the only thing That bites in France. Beware of ' You cant see ems' or the Août fly, they live predominantly in Grass, hedgelines and bushes . They are almost invisible to the eye. You know when You have been bitten as itch like crazy . Sometimes looking like a rash.

Take your afterbite with you. Alternatively get in the shower direct hot as you can bear it water onto the bite( dont scold yourselves!) this takes the itch away and lasts for quite a few hours. Prevention is always better than cure, I use the mary rose repellant available at the supermarkets in Agde. Citronnelle or tiger balm creams also work.

"Mosquitos are not the only thing That bites in France. Beware of ' You cant see ems' or the Août fly, they live predominantly in Grass, hedgelines and bushes . They are almost invisible to the eye. You know when You have been bitten as itch like crazy . Sometimes looking like a rash.

Take your afterbite with you. Alternatively get in the shower direct hot as you can bear it water onto the bite( dont scold yourselves!) this takes the itch away and lasts for quite a few hours. Prevention is always better than cure, I use the mary rose repellant available at the supermarkets in Agde. Citronnelle or tiger balm creams also work."

yes we noticed this as well mozzie bites are quite large and we only had a few all holiday. the white midges are in the bushes and long grass the oltra team were cutting the hedge last year and were covered .I'm not sure but they are like uk midges its not a bite but an acid like spit .the stings are 3 mm or so and there can be many together .

i had a few on my feet when i was sorting the caravan.they were in the long grass. i used suntan oil on my lower legs and no stings after that.

a friend of ours had dogs there and the midges were all around their faces but they used oil on their head fur and that curred it.

Any warm location with plants /grass will have things that bite. as you said there are simple things that will almost Eliminate it.

The other alternative is stay in a high level concrete appartment then the only sting will be cleaning fees and bar prices .

The walk from johnny wokkers to waikiki had loads of biting insects as there are loads of bushes and plants to house the critters.

By *loundaCouple  over a year ago

norwich

We were last week on the campsite got a few bites but nothing too serious think it was only on the camp site not in town. We sprayed the tent each night before we went out after the first few days and from then on never got any more bites. We also use avon skin so soft body oil as an after sun and that definitely seems to keep the blighters away.

By *artikaWoman  over a year ago

bromley

I was in Helio last week - have a few bites but they do love me!!

Think I got them walking along the front to and fro of a night!

Shropshire

Got back home yesterday after staying at the Campsite and only got about 5 bites the whole time. Only one itched and none of them got swollen or infected, so really pleased!

By *heWolfMan  over a year ago

warwickshire

Get doused in Deet.

I find "Off! Deep Woods" repellent works great, especially if I light some Citronella candles and put them nearby.

Oil of lemon eucalyptus is also good, and I've also got a clicker thing which puts a spark across a bite and apparently scrambles the nerve endings to stop it itching.

I still get bitten like I'm strawberry flavoured though...

[Removed by poster at 20/07/17 23:30:52]

By *ick-n-suckCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

hi we payed last year £330 a week with the pass 4 motor home and 2 ppl.going again this aug so look us up go 4 a wine lol wink hope 2 c uu lovely ppl there thomas and cath

By *assioneighttwoCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

We're there 3rd August til 16th

By *esFranceMan  over a year ago

France

Booked on Allen Mer from 28thAug for 10 days call in for glass of vino if your passing Les x

By *elly39devonCouple  over a year ago

tavistock

very glad to see most people positive about mossies and the like, its not as much of a problem as it used to be. I should know I have been going to the cap for 20 plus years. I really dont know why these people who have such a down on the place bother to go frankly. But all the rest of you have a good time

» Add a new message to this topic