FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Paris

Paris

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icecouple561 OP   Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We have one day in Paris arriving at Gare du Nord what is the best way to see the most of the city? I was thinking of a circular route maybe using a hop on hop off bus. However we would really like to see things other than the major tourist attractions. All suggestions welcome.

Thank you

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eather_Loves_SexWoman  over a year ago

Halfway Between London and Brighton

What sort of things would you like? Restaurants? High view points? Museums? First tip is don't use the taxi drivers immediately outside the gate du nord - get an uber instead x Feel free to message me been a few times x

Forum Mod

East Sussex

ok thank you

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"We have one day in Paris arriving at Gare du Nord what is the best way to see the most of the city? I was thinking of a circular route maybe using a hop on hop off bus. However we would really like to see things other than the major tourist attractions. All suggestions welcome.

Hello,

If you like to have a nice touristic tour by night you can have a tour in 2CV ( it's a car). That's romantic and the guide/ driver explain very well.

Contact me if you need more information or if you want to meet me

Thank you "

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"We have one day in Paris arriving at Gare du Nord what is the best way to see the most of the city? I was thinking of a circular route maybe using a hop on hop off bus. However we would really like to see things other than the major tourist attractions. All suggestions welcome.

Hello,

If you like to have a nice touristic tour by night you can have a tour in 2CV ( it's a car). That's romantic and the guide/ driver explain very well.

Contact me if you need more information or if you want to meet me

Thank you "

Thanks. We won't be there in the evening.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"What sort of things would you like? Restaurants? High view points? Museums? First tip is don't use the taxi drivers immediately outside the gate du nord - get an uber instead x Feel free to message me been a few times x "

We were thinking we might use a hop on hop off tourist bus, do you think that's a good idea?

It would be nice to know of a reasonably priced place to eat and get coffee if you have any ideas and high view points would be great to know.

"What sort of things would you like? Restaurants? High view points? Museums? First tip is don't use the taxi drivers immediately outside the gate du nord - get an uber instead x Feel free to message me been a few times x

We were thinking we might use a hop on hop off tourist bus, do you think that's a good idea?

It would be nice to know of a reasonably priced place to eat and get coffee if you have any ideas and high view points would be great to know.

"

You have plenty of places in Chatelet (center of Paris) that is one stop from North station taking the train (RER B)

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"What sort of things would you like? Restaurants? High view points? Museums? First tip is don't use the taxi drivers immediately outside the gate du nord - get an uber instead x Feel free to message me been a few times x

You have plenty of places in Chatelet (center of Paris) that is one stop from North station taking the train (RER B)"

Ok. Thanks again.

You have plenty of places in Chatelet (center of Paris) that is one stop from North station taking the train (RER B)

Ok. Thanks again."

How many hours do you stay?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Ok. Thanks again.

How many hours do you stay?"

About ten.

Ok so let me know if you would fancy a drink

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Ok so let me know if you would fancy a drink"

Thank you. We will be there with a group of friends so that won't be possible

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"What sort of things would you like? Restaurants? High view points? Museums? First tip is don't use the taxi drivers immediately outside the gate du nord - get an uber instead x Feel free to message me been a few times x "

I'm afraid that's not possible

Wow definitely!

Visiting at end of Sept. And hoping to visit a club....

Any ideas?

By *appy LadMan  over a year ago

North Kent

Naked truth I know a few places in Paris but can't seem to PM you

"Visiting at end of Sept. And hoping to visit a club....

Any ideas?"

Loverside

By *ellblessedMan  over a year ago

halesowen

Will be there end of September with. My lady

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Thank you "

Bateau Bus, get off at Musee D'Orsay, have a wander round the Left Bank. So many lovely little churches to see. There's an excellent museum next to Musee d'Orsay about the Legion of Honour. Or just dive into Le Marais.

If you want to get up high its Eiffel Tower (busy) or Montparnasse or Montmartre (long journey time), but the views are great. Orrr, you can go to the top of Gallery Lafayette and get some fab photos. Then go to the basement and pick up some stinky cheese.

Oops, just noticed how old this post is. Oh well, maybe my info will be useful to some.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Oops, just noticed how old this post is. Oh well, maybe my info will be useful to some."

It's useful to me because we haven't been yet . Thank you

"Oops, just noticed how old this post is. Oh well, maybe my info will be useful to some.

It's useful to me because we haven't been yet . Thank you"

Be aware that security in most of the attractions is insane now, so any touristy things you want to visit should be booked in advance.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Oops, just noticed how old this post is. Oh well, maybe my info will be useful to some.

It's useful to me because we haven't been yet . Thank you

Be aware that security in most of the attractions is insane now, so any touristy things you want to visit should be booked in advance."

It's not surprising. You've given me some good ideas, thank you.

Paris is really small. You can walk around the main attractions in the centre and surroundings. Don't use the metro. If you get tired from walking just get on a bus.

But 10h isn't long enough. It's best to have 2 nights and 3 days so you can see more.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Paris is really small. You can walk around the main attractions in the centre and surroundings. Don't use the metro. If you get tired from walking just get on a bus.

But 10h isn't long enough. It's best to have 2 nights and 3 days so you can see more.

"

There's a limit to how much walking one of our group can do. We're looking at the hop on hop off bus or the boat that Wyrdwoman suggested. 10 hrs might not be long enough but its all we have .

"Paris is really small. You can walk around the main attractions in the centre and surroundings. Don't use the metro. If you get tired from walking just get on a bus.

There's a limit to how much walking one of our group can do. We're looking at the hop on hop off bus or the boat that Wyrdwoman suggested. 10 hrs might not be long enough but its all we have ."

You'll see enough to make you want to book a short holiday on another occasion. Have fun!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

There's a limit to how much walking one of our group can do. We're looking at the hop on hop off bus or the boat that Wyrdwoman suggested. 10 hrs might not be long enough but its all we have .

You'll see enough to make you want to book a short holiday on another occasion. Have fun!

"

Thank you

Forum Mod

East Sussex

just to update

we were in Paris yesterday and had a fantastic time. We used the metro to get around after buying a carnet and went to Montmartre for coffee and Scare Coeur, Champs Elysee for lunch and shopping, the Eiffel Tower just to say we'd seen it and much more.

Thanks to everyone for their advice

» Add a new message to this topic