FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Long Term Europe Travelling by Campervan

Long Term Europe Travelling by Campervan

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *onandVic OP   Couple  over a year ago

hemsby Norfolk/Totana Spain

Have any of you sexy people travelled long term through France, Spain, Italy, Croatia etc? We will be travelling by campervan in the not too distant future and would welcome any advice about wild camping, naturist and swinger campsites and anything else you may have experienced along the way in particular we would like advice about camping in the winter months ie places that stay open all year. Many thanks and happy swinging!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uxinteriorMan  over a year ago

south west , continental

I am open all year, however winter can be a tad cold here in la Creuse so bring a few blankets and make sure your heaters working in your van! There are of course cosy woodburners inside the bar and farmhouse.

By *occerstar579Man  over a year ago

harrogate

Head towards the south in winter where it's warmer! Cap d'agde is the obvious go to place for swinging fun. Think about also signing up for a Web site that offers free accomodation in exchange for work...find the right one and it's a great way in socially. Plus keeps u warm in winter if your accomodation is nice. Any hints feel free to pm me good luck!

Thanks very much - we will let you know when we are off and all advice is very much appreciated - neither of us speak French but willing to have a go! Are there any websites we can look at concerning short term work? We would like to forget about the 'W' word but who knows ?

By *s2funloversCouple  over a year ago

North Walsham and Spain

Just sent you a pm .... we do 6 months every year touring France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Morocco ..... anything to avoid winter

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wild camping can be dangerous - some of the aires on French motorways can be remote & a few years ago there were some robberies. Sleep in the motorway service areas - safety in numbers.

By *ot Wife BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde, France

We live in southern France, but although mild by UK standards, winters are still a bit too chilly for us so we migrate to the Malaga area of Spain for the winter.

Plenty of sites in that area are open all winter, some are naturist.

There are also several motor home specific forums out there and plenty of advice there.

Have fun...

By *asygoersCouple  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

There is a network of wineries, farms etc where you can park overnight for free but are expected to buy a bottle or a quantity of whatever they are producing. PM us if you want more details.

By *ugarandKandiCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

Hey guys , full time travellers would love to chat

Campervan is on the purchase list for next summer

By *rishjohn2013Man  over a year ago

newry norther ireland

I do quite a bit travelling in my motorhome and for my priorities I think a very good well serviced van with as many creature comforts as possible for starters

E sure u have breakdown assist across Europe in ur policy

Carry as little unwanted stuff as possible as it takes up valuable space.

Be sure u have internet access across Europe ,look up best deals as u Won't always be near an acess point especially if ur wild camping and u will need it.

There is a lot of good apps for free places to park including gps cords an reviews.

As for the actual places u want to go I would say don't do a lot of detailed planning as they generally don't work out just with where u happiest.

John

By *lhombreMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Download the park4night app. Finds parking places all over Europe.

Safe journey and enjoy

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've been out here for a while now and as far a north Greece In the motorhome... loving the warm naked swimming ??

Where are you now roughly

By *arriedfun51Man  over a year ago

Northern Ireland

"Just sent you a pm .... we do 6 months every year touring France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Morocco ..... anything to avoid winter"

hope to beway from xmas in europe long term,would love to here about great places to stay,xx

Thank you all for your help - we will post on here when we start our travels and it would be good to meet up with you for a drink and socials - really looking forward to it and can't wait to set off - even if the sun isn't shining!

» Add a new message to this topic