FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Cap: Notre premiere visite

Cap: Notre premiere visite

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mm and Her OP   Couple  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

I'll quit while I'm ahead now

We're just planning our first trip, and we're doing our homework. We'd be interested in any top tips you might have - best place to stay, best beach, etc. And not least quite what to expect! We've been to "naturist" clubs (Kestrels, Eureka, etc) but not sure that is quite the same experience?

We've been told that we can't book short stay accom until Feb, so I guess we have time to get it right!

We've seen the visitor thread - when we've confirmed, (likely going mid June), we'll add ourselves.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I'll quit while I'm ahead now

We're just planning our first trip, and we're doing our homework. We'd be interested in any top tips you might have - best place to stay, best beach, etc. And not least quite what to expect! We've been to "naturist" clubs (Kestrels, Eureka, etc) but not sure that is quite the same experience?

We've been told that we can't book short stay accom until Feb, so I guess we have time to get it right!

We've seen the visitor thread - when we've confirmed, (likely going mid June), we'll add ourselves."

The season is relatively short. April - September, but May to mid Sept is good. Try a weekend early or later you will get a decent deal and treat it as a recci.Bonne chance.

Hertfordshire

Perfect - and we've just been looking at a certain website Very useful, thank you!!

When we lived in UK it was cheaper to have a weekend in Cap than to have a weekend in London! Good old Ryanair did us proud.

By *irm FoundationsMan  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

"I'll quit while I'm ahead now

We've seen the visitor thread - when we've confirmed, (likely going mid June), we'll add ourselves."

Hi. As far as I am aware you can book short term accommodation any time . The hotel at which I used to stay is closed for the winter months but they still respond to emails and confirm bookings via their web sites . The staff speak perfect English though my preference is to try and communicate in French.

However there are only three hotels inside the village and most people choose to stay in either an apartment or the camp site.

Off peak some agents ( not all ) will be more flexible and may allow you to do short term bookings . A lot of agents insist that you book from a Saturday to a Saturday . Find one who does not insist on Saturday to Saturday bookings , ask to see pictures of the accommodation ( and check how recent these are ). A final check would be to review the comments of previous guests on one of the booking platforms . If the average score is nine or above you should be staying in excellent accommodation .

In terms of what to expect , the whole area is very compact and you can walk to all the club's and restaurants . There are three beaches all of which are close together .

There is no necessity to walk around completely naked now . Some people do , others do not . As it is mainly a swingers resort now, you dress style should be appropriate for the location.

The camp site is also for families so you must take this into account and not engage in any behaviour that would offend families or be deemed to be unacceptable .

All the fun in Cap d Agde comes at a price so accommodation is probably more expensive than other resorts. Accommodation outside the Naturiste village is a lot cheaper but you then have to either drive in or walk ever night.

Before booking accommodation make absolutely certain that you know if it is inside or outside the gated area . There is no point in paying a premium for accommodation if it is outside the gate . It is not unknown for some agents on booking platforms to either be vague or mislead people when they ask this question.

If your accommodation is inside the gate, your agent should be able to name which area it is in. These are Port Ambonne ,Port Nature , Port Soleil , Port Venus and Heliopolis.

For size, apartments vary from 15 to 30 sq metres . Those over 28 can be considered to be large and will have a separate bedroom. The smaller ones will have a fold up bed .

Some locations in Port Nature can be quite noisey so you might want to check how close any apartment is to a bar or disco.

Hertfordshire

Thanks to all - some really interesting tips, thanks.

What is quite interesting is how the accom people we'd tried really (not off your lists - people we'd already asked) don't seem to want to know. One said ask in Feb. The latest said ask the week before you go...?! Seems you can't give some people business!

By *irm FoundationsMan  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

"Thanks to all - some really interesting tips, thanks.

What is quite interesting is how the accom people we'd tried really (not off your lists - people we'd already asked) don't seem to want to know. One said ask in Feb. The latest said ask the week before you go...?! Seems you can't give some people business!"

Some large agents may not know exactly how many apartments they will have on their books next year or may be awaiting instructions from owners as to how many weeks they will release .

One would assume that any large business would be glad of an enquiry and do all that they could to sell the space . Clearly this is not the case .

New laws have come into force Loi Alur & Loi Digital which are health & safety and tax avoidance laws. 90% of the apartments in July this year didn't comply. The next big push is 1.1.18 when it becomes even more difficult. Therefore some owners may be hedging their bets and agents not having instructions.

Hertfordshire

Ahhhh. Mystery solved!

It's been brought about by the hotel industry - they have to meet H&S regs , pay tax etc and there is a "black market" of private owners renting property paying no tax have no regard to H&S they just want a level playing field. Fines of up to 35,000€ may be the deterrent. If someone is renting you an apartment legally they will always have a siren number. Ours are readily shown together with the Marie authorisation.

What is the name / website of the camp site please

"What is the name / website of the camp site please "
Oltra is the campsite. My understanding is that don't accept bookings until 1st Jan they get their brochures and prices for next season done at this time of year.

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

Our friends either use Peng or Resid to book apartments in addition to private renters.

» Add a new message to this topic