FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > mosquitos in Cap D'Agde

mosquitos in Cap D'Agde

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *elaxedcpl OP   Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

How bad are they this year and what sprays, devices, tips do you have to keep them at bay?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

We found them worse than normal !! We recommend ODOMOS, it's available on that well known on-line auction site.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is Mosquitos a euphemism for annoying creatures that cicle around you and won't go away ??

Glasgow

"We found them worse than normal !! We recommend ODOMOS, it's available on that well known on-line auction site."

Thank you very much for the reply, we'll buy some ODOMOS and hope for the best.

Glasgow

"Is Mosquitos a euphemism for annoying creatures that cicle around you and won't go away ??"

Like the weird men who huby in packs and circle couples who are playing and start wanking? No, we meant the insects pests.

"Is Mosquitos a euphemism for annoying creatures that cicle around you and won't go away ??

Like the weird men who huby in packs and circle couples who are playing and start wanking? No, we meant the insects pests. "

Yep that is the difference .... I've never seen a mosquito having a wank

"Is Mosquitos a euphemism for annoying creatures that cicle around you and won't go away ??

Like the weird men who huby in packs and circle couples who are playing and start wanking? No, we meant the insects pests. "

Yep that is the difference .... I've never seen a mosquito having a wank

Glasgow

Like the weird men who huby in packs and circle couples who are playing and start wanking? No, we meant the insects pests.

Yep that is the difference .... I've never seen a mosquito having a wank "

You'd need a keen eye!

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Bad this year ....esp camp site ....big buggers tooooo

By *asygoing372Man  over a year ago

nw london

"How bad are they this year and what sprays, devices, tips do you have to keep them at bay?"

Very bad there.. I found a repellent spray and a after bit cream,it's called picol red and white container.. you can find it at the shop beside the gang bang club

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

Probably because it has been so wet over the winter spring that there has been a proliferation in these little pests.

The first ones showed up here at the end of February and the tiger mozzies are the worst because they come out during the day.

We've tried everything from daily vitamin B tablets, sprays such as 'Skin so Soft' or the french Cinq sur Cinq, emulsions like Apaisyl Répulsif, mozzie wipes, citronella candles and torches, plug in electric devices and mozzie zappers, often many at the same time.

At best they are only deterents but you will still get bitten by mozzies and other insects.

Best thing is to wait for a windy day, use a fan or team up with somebody who is more attractive to the mozzies than yourself!

By *P-MedicMan  over a year ago

London, Norfolk & Cap d' Agde

Jungle Formula Maximum...

Been in Cap for the last couple of weeks and no bites.

Always used Jungle Formula when I lived in Malaysia, never had any problems

By *hetouchablesCouple  over a year ago

leeds

Been here last couple of days and not seen any and usually the wife gets bitten everywhere..so all good here

Glasgow

"Probably because it has been so wet over the winter spring that there has been a proliferation in these little pests.

The first ones showed up here at the end of February and the tiger mozzies are the worst because they come out during the day.

We've tried everything from daily vitamin B tablets, sprays such as 'Skin so Soft' or the french Cinq sur Cinq, emulsions like Apaisyl Répulsif, mozzie wipes, citronella candles and torches, plug in electric devices and mozzie zappers, often many at the same time.

At best they are only deterents but you will still get bitten by mozzies and other insects.

Best thing is to wait for a windy day, use a fan or team up with somebody who is more attractive to the mozzies than yourself!"

Mosquitoes have posters of me up in their bedrooms, I'm that attractive to them! I expect a queue of people wanting to hang out with me just because I'm a deterrent for them!

Glasgow

"Jungle Formula Maximum...

Always used Jungle Formula when I lived in Malaysia, never had any problems "

Thank you! Need to find something for our little one, either that or it's a full net body suit!

"Been here last couple of days and not seen any and usually the wife gets bitten everywhere..so all good here "

We are so worried, not about us but the little one, this is so reassuring to hear.

I read an article that if you spray Listerine in the immediate area that works. Will let you know.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"Jungle Formula Maximum...

Always used Jungle Formula when I lived in Malaysia, never had any problems

Thank you! Need to find something for our little one, either that or it's a full net body suit!

Why not get a mozzie net for the little one's bed, they will love it. String it up, give it a spray on the inside, simple. Won't stop them all but it helps. Make sure you buy it yourself. Got one supplied in Uganda and it had holes in it. Make sure the bottom is secured / sealed, they will find all gaps. Have fun.

Been here last couple of days and not seen any and usually the wife gets bitten everywhere..so all good here

We are so worried, not about us but the little one, this is so reassuring to hear."

[Removed by poster at 12/07/18 20:14:15]

"Is Mosquitos a euphemism for annoying creatures that cicle around you and won't go away ??"

We have a new name for them White Walkers ??

By *tagAndVixen18Couple  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

I was bitten badly day one. Started using Incognito and only had one or two bites since. You can get it on Amazon and Holland and Barretts.

I use the shower gel, moisturiser and the spray on repellent. Natural ingredients and doesn’t harm sensitive skin. Seems to work really well x

By *ot Wife BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde, France

Spent all today on Cap beach today and a few hours in the camp site. Didn't get bitten once.

That's a record for me...!

Glasgow

"I was bitten badly day one. Started using Incognito and only had one or two bites since. You can get it on Amazon and Holland and Barretts.

I use the shower gel, moisturiser and the spray on repellent. Natural ingredients and doesn’t harm sensitive skin. Seems to work really well x"

Thank you, I'll have a look for that.

"Spent all today on Cap beach today and a few hours in the camp site. Didn't get bitten once.

That's a record for me...!

"

Good news and reassuring, thank you.

Not many around since the long hot and dry spell. Hot with a breeze and the nasty things are much less .

By *mma54321Woman  over a year ago

Mytown

I covered myself in jungle formula & Avon skin so soft dry body oil spray, got away with 6 bites over 2 weeks this year...last year & the year before I got eaten alive had allergic reactions & spent €100 euros both times @ the Drs, I doubled the dose on garlic oil capsules, antihistamines & vitamin b6 for a month before I went... Something worked

By *lexw53Man  over a year ago

Crete

Generally speaking mosquitoes, flies and other airborn insects are quite a big problem throughout Southern Europe this year.

The swallows usually arrive from africa around the end of April/early May,but extremely high winds decimated the flocks and there's far fewer around hence the increaseses.

"Generally speaking mosquitoes, flies and other airborn insects are quite a big problem throughout Southern Europe this year.

The swallows usually arrive from africa around the end of April/early May,but extremely high winds decimated the flocks and there's far fewer around hence the increaseses."

That and rain as mozzies need stagnent wAter to breed the bad weather in may made ideal breeding grounds. Though our 3rd week in cap and its been hot and dry not a bite in 4 days! First week i was eaten alive.

Glasgow

Thanks for everyone's input.

Any updates as we're now in the middle of the summer, it would be good to know how the little bastards are effecting everyone, if at all.

By *entswingersCouple  over a year ago

Canterbury

We are on the camp site staying in an ISIS mobile home. Not many bites because we stray ourselves with anti mossy spray and at night burn a Citroen candle, both tend to work.

Hyper U sell both.

Glasgow

"We are on the camp site staying in an ISIS mobile home. Not many bites because we stray ourselves with anti mossy spray and at night burn a Citroen candle, both tend to work.

Hyper U sell both."

Brilliant, thank you!

By *entswingersCouple  over a year ago

Canterbury

Your welcome

Glasgow

"I read an article that if you spray Listerine in the immediate area that works. Will let you know."

How did you get on with this? Just over two weeks until we go so getting excited and prepared

"I read an article that if you spray Listerine in the immediate area that works. Will let you know.

How did you get on with this? Just over two weeks until we go so getting excited and prepared "

Like others we use several products and we have had relatively few but can't endorse one product as we still get the odd bite.

Glasgow

"I read an article that if you spray Listerine in the immediate area that works. Will let you know.

How did you get on with this? Just over two weeks until we go so getting excited and prepared

Like others we use several products and we have had relatively few but can't endorse one product as we still get the odd bite. "

Once again, thank you!

What a great, supportive community Fab is

Glasgow

What's the latest on the tiger mosquitos and best way to keep them at bay, plug ins, nets and sprays?

One week today and we arrive with a baby so getting nervous and need to prepare.

Thanks fabbers

By *sle of ViewCouple  over a year ago

Helensburgh

[Removed by poster at 20/08/18 00:05:11]

By *sle of ViewCouple  over a year ago

Helensburgh

"We are on the camp site staying in an ISIS mobile home. Not many bites because we stray ourselves with anti mossy spray and at night burn a Citroen candle, both tend to work.

Hyper U sell both."

Hope your motor homes not a Peugeot. There might be a clash with your Citroën candles if it is lol

By *lebfucedCouple  over a year ago

Newport

We find the mozzies are only a problem in June ,we never have a problem later in the year,been like this for the last few years,we now have stopped going in June because of this.

How is it at the moment for mozzies? We arrive on Saturday

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"How is it at the moment for mozzies? We arrive on Saturday "

I was there Thursday and Friday and in the region for six days. Not a bite and didn’t see or hear ( not the nightime buzzing you want to hear) a single one.

Enjoy!

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

We've never been bitten in the Cap but we live 3 miles inland from the village and there it's a completely different story.

Because of the prevailing sea breeze in the campsite (most days) there should not be too much of a problem with mozzies.

But there are other creatures that bite that live in the vegetation, we were bitten to death last night watering our garden for 10 minutes and there was barely a mosquito in site.

Glasgow

We returned from two weeks in Cap D'Agde on Sunday and our fear was unnecessary, we got 7 bites between us and the little one and none were too bad.

We have friends who are just back from South Italy and they said it was a nightmare.

Seems Cap D'Agde is fine at the moment.

By *jeezMan  over a year ago

Clunderwen

Staying in oltra (Coco pods)

the last 5 days. Seen an amazing spectrum of activities but not a single mozzi!

We got back yesterday and only had one bite while we were there

» Add a new message to this topic