FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Eurostar and SNCF to Cap d Agde.

Eurostar and SNCF to Cap d Agde.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *irm Foundations OP   Man  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

Due to circumstances beyond my control I am travelling to Cap via Eurostar.

I am experiencing difficult printing my tickets. I have logged on to the Eurostar website , the SNCF one and also downloaded the app onto my phone .

I know that the app works as I used it on the bank holiday weekend when I travelled from Montpelier to Agde .

The only confirmation I have is an email and a bar code which can be scanned .

I will be phoning Eurostar to morrow to try and identify the problem. The web site states that tickets cannot be printed at the station.

A few questions .

a. Has anyone else experienced difficulty printing tickets for Eurostar. ? Can you simply turn up and scan the code on the confirmation email. ?

b. Are there charging points for mobiles beside the seats .? I managed to change my seat to night in order to get a window one facing forwards .

c. What is the standard of food like .

d. How did you pass your time on the train as it is a long journey.

e. Is the change at Lille just a matter of crossing platforms ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

[Removed by poster at 11/09/18 08:03:09]

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hi FF

I've not done this particular journey, but have travelled on Eurostar many times.

Get to St Pancras at least 1 hour ahead of departure, print your tickets off there or get the app for your phone and use that to get a barcode which you can then scan to get through the gates.

The security is similar to airports, with the same rules (pretty much) on what you can take through. The food in the departure area is crap, and expensive!

The food onboard is hopeless too, and pricey.

Charging points are between the seats (UK/EU) unless you're in First class, where they have USB too. WiFi onboard is crap until you're in France! Once through the tunnel, it works great.

Can't say about the change at Lille, but it shouldn't be too tricky.

Enjoy!

Jace.

Hertfordshire

"Hi FF

I've not done this particular journey, but have travelled on Eurostar many times.

Get to St Pancras at least 1 hour ahead of departure, print your tickets off there or get the app for your phone and use that to get a barcode which you can then scan to get through the gates.

The security is similar to airports, with the same rules (pretty much) on what you can take through. The food in the departure area is crap, and expensive!

The food onboard is hopeless too, and pricey.

Charging points are between the seats (UK/EU) unless you're in First class, where they have USB too. WiFi onboard is crap until you're in France! Once through the tunnel, it works great.

Can't say about the change at Lille, but it shouldn't be too tricky.

Enjoy!

Jace. "

Many thanks for all the information. I phoned Eurostar yesterday to be certain. The bar code on the confirmation email is sufficient .

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hi pat,the journey is comfortable and at lille its an easy change.there is also a shopping centre with restaurants 5 mins walk away.far more relaxed through passpirt control too

Hertfordshire

"Hi pat,the journey is comfortable and at lille its an easy change.there is also a shopping centre with restaurants 5 mins walk away.far more relaxed through passpirt control too"
Hi. Thanks for advising. Can you but food at St Pancreas before departing or are the shops closed ? . My train leaves at 7 30.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Use to work for the railways in conjunction with Eurostar so need to say something with regards to Lille

Just be a bit careful as there are 2 different stations... if the ticket says Lille Europe it is the same station and you are crossing platforms

If it says Lille Flanders it’s a quick bus or a half mile walk...

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Also if you are travelling 1st class on the Eurostar and you have dietary restrictions let them know and they will do you a special meal...

Hertfordshire

"Use to work for the railways in conjunction with Eurostar so need to say something with regards to Lille

Just be a bit careful as there are 2 different stations... if the ticket says Lille Europe it is the same station and you are crossing platforms

If it says Lille Flanders it’s a quick bus or a half mile walk..."

Hello. Thanks for the advice. I will check the tickets to night . My main concern was not being able to print the tickets . Eurostar assure me that the bar code on the email will work.

Hertfordshire

"Hi pat,the journey is comfortable and at lille its an easy change.there is also a shopping centre with restaurants 5 mins walk away.far more relaxed through passpirt control too"
Thanks . I will have my lunch there probably.

Hertfordshire

"Also if you are travelling 1st class on the Eurostar and you have dietary restrictions let them know and they will do you a special meal...

"

Second class. Do you know what the standard of food is like. ?

Hertfordshire

"Use to work for the railways in conjunction with Eurostar so need to say something with regards to Lille

If it says Lille Flanders it’s a quick bus or a half mile walk..."

Hi. I have just checked my tickets .The station is Lyon Part Dieu.

Hertfordshire

Safely boarded . There are numerous machines at the station where you can print your tickets.

Just a little disappointed that I could not buy any newspapers to read before departing .

Some of the areas around Kings Cross are dog rough. Both of the MacDonalds were an eye opener .

Each one had two security guards . Despite that I was still on my guard against being mugged or robbed. If someone grabbed my wallet or case I do not think the security guards could do much.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"Safely boarded . There are numerous machines at the station where you can print your tickets.

Just a little disappointed that I could not buy any newspapers to read before departing .

Some of the areas around Kings Cross are dog rough. Both of the MacDonalds were an eye opener .

Each one had two security guards . Despite that I was still on my guard against being mugged or robbed. If someone grabbed my wallet or case I do not think the security guards could do much. "

Come on Pat, you don't expect security guards who work in McDonald's all day to be able to run after someone, sit on them maybe. See you soon.

Hertfordshire

It took me a while to work out why no water came into the wash hand basin. You turn on the water by putting your foot on a black button on the floor.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"It took me a while to work out why no water came into the wash hand basin. You turn on the water by putting your foot on a black button on the floor. "

Thanks for that Pat, I'll remember when I'm doing the wavy hand dance looking for the water to come on.

» Add a new message to this topic