FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Help 1st time cap d agde

Help 1st time cap d agde

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *crumptiouscpl OP   Couple  over a year ago

warrington

Hi all, we visit GC on a regular basis but want to try Cap d Agde in July/Aug this year.

So help regarding best airport to fly to, stay inside or outside camp, we have a campervan can we pitch this in the village, air bnb etc.

Sorry for all the questions but want to get it right first time Thanks xx Alan and Michelle xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *isnerdsCouple  over a year ago

Shropshire

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/france/761035

This will help. It’s easier to read through the forums as every question you have has been asked and answered before

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

My advice ...make sure you got lots of money

By *ive deep mountain highMan  over a year ago

Cambridge and Cap d Agde ( various weeks 2021 )

"Hi all, we visit GC on a regular basis but want to try Cap d Agde in July/Aug this year.

So help regarding best airport to fly to, stay inside or outside camp, we have a campervan can we pitch this in the village, air bnb etc.

Sorry for all the questions but want to get it right first time Thanks xx Alan and Michelle xx

"

Hello. The closest airport is Beziers which is served by Ryanair. It is then a taxi transfer or two buses to Village Naturiste. Next closest is Montpelier which has the advantage that flights are daily ( Easyjet ) . Whether you take your campervan or rent accommodation is your personal choice. If renting an apartment in July or August expect to pay up to £1000 per week .( charges outside the gate are about half that ). I think that a pitch on the Campsite is at least 30 Euro a night. If renting accommodation check very carefully that it is actually inside the gate as you do not want to pay a premium price for accommodation outside it. Accommodation inside the gate will be in one of the following areas. Port Venus , Port Soleil , Port Ambonne , Port Nature or Heliopolis.

By *crumptiouscpl OP   Couple  over a year ago

warrington

thanks for the info x

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

How can you take your campervan on an aeroplane ?

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

"How can you take your campervan on an aeroplane ?"

Checked luggage, it won't fit int he overhead lockers !

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We took our motorhome last year . It's a nice drive and we avoided the toll roads so had the lovely scenery to enjoy. It was roughly €50 per night for 2 people with electric. You can pretty much pick your pitch as there are over 2,500 pitches. Its huge. We opted for closer to the beach . We have just booked for 5 nights july 22nd to 27th. If you need anymore info ie rote fuel cost etc give us a message if you like xxmiss

"We took our motorhome last year . It's a nice drive and we avoided the toll roads so had the lovely scenery to enjoy. It was roughly €50 per night for 2 people with electric. You can pretty much pick your pitch as there are over 2,500 pitches. Its huge. We opted for closer to the beach . We have just booked for 5 nights july 22nd to 27th. If you need anymore info ie rote fuel cost etc give us a message if you like xxmiss "
*route

By *ornyfuckers66Couple  over a year ago

fife

2019 virgins going back June 2020 Stayed Port Nature and doing so again June this year Did much research through forums but for the avoidance of doubt if you fly to beziers there is no train from the airport Book a taxi circa 30 quid Flights cheap accommodation isn’t but most go back .... speaks volumes If you need more happy to share what we know

By *atonMan  over a year ago

barnet

"We took our motorhome last year . It's a nice drive and we avoided the toll roads so had the lovely scenery to enjoy. It was roughly €50 per night for 2 people with electric. You can pretty much pick your pitch as there are over 2,500 pitches. Its huge. We opted for closer to the beach . We have just booked for 5 nights july 22nd to 27th. If you need anymore info ie rote fuel cost etc give us a message if you like xxmiss *route "
I'm taking my camper in June..maybe 7 nights..what is total cost fuel passage pitch etc..thanks

"We took our motorhome last year . It's a nice drive and we avoided the toll roads so had the lovely scenery to enjoy. It was roughly €50 per night for 2 people with electric. You can pretty much pick your pitch as there are over 2,500 pitches. Its huge. We opted for closer to the beach . We have just booked for 5 nights july 22nd to 27th. If you need anymore info ie rote fuel cost etc give us a message if you like xxmiss *route I'm taking my camper in June..maybe 7 nights..what is total cost fuel passage pitch etc..thanks"
Hello. I stayed one night as a guest on campsite last year when I made a mistake on my apartment booking. Consequently Rene Oltra added me to their mailing list and have posted this year's brochure .

A pitch in June for two people is 30. 80 Euros and you will need a gate pass which is 16 Euro for up to two weeks. You would probably need to calculate the fuel cost yourself as that will depend at what speed you drive , the size of the van and type of engine.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Just one tip on the fuel.

Even if you are happy to use the toll roads it's well worth doing at least a few kms on the N roads if only to fuel up

The price difference between motorway service stations and local ones is huge.

As in the UK the large supermarkets (Le Clerk for example) have their own petrol and usually work out the cheapest of all.

Created a kik group for people who is going to cap d'agde in this year: capdagde2020

By *estthingisyoutooCouple  over a year ago

bromley

Is the Kik account open ?

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

"Is the Kik account open ? "

Yep

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

"My advice ...make sure you got lots of money "

It depends, there are a range of prices in the village for both accommodation and eating and the beach is free.

Being local during the summer we are going into the village 2 or 3 times a week day and evening. We rarely spend more than 30 euros and often less but still have a great time.

By *aelic funMan  over a year ago

Carlisle Dumfries

On fuel - supermarkets are cheapest (usually) and LeClerc usually cut their fuel prices at weekends. Usually Saturdays but sometimes both days.

"On fuel - supermarkets are cheapest (usually) and LeClerc usually cut their fuel prices at weekends. Usually Saturdays but sometimes both days. "
Anyone know what the quality of fuel is like in French supermarkets. In the UK I do not buy supermarket fuel as I believe that it contains less additives.

Carlisle Dumfries

It’s safe to use. If not the French would have ensured changes - the only fuel strikes are over things like pension reform etc.

I’ve been using them for ‘normal’ cars plus a high performance one for more than 10 years.

Carlisle Dumfries

And check this out re supermarket fuel -

https://www.petrolprices.com/news/supermarket-fuel-actually-worse-branded-fuel/

» Add a new message to this topic