FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Biker BnB

Biker BnB

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Good morning. I'm after some feedback please. We live in the Dordogne and I'm planning on offering BnB to those heading in our direction. Many bikers pass enroute to Spain etc and I thought we might be a useful stop off point. So basically it would be a room in the main house or space for camping. I'm keen to keep prices low but we would include a breakfast in the price. (Big fry up) and dinner would be extra . We don't have a pool but we will have a hot tub or two. Secure parking onsite and no neighbours any feedback would be most welcome. Thank you

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uxinteriorMan  over a year ago

south west , continental

I had a similar plan, I still have that plan. It's a great idea and you should pursue it. I think my idea became non viable as I'm in the middle of nowhere, it's in the triangle of various routes to Cap d'Agde, but everyone has to take a detour. Even having all the space, accommodation, private bar and hot tub didn't really garner any passing interest, apart from friends I already had.

If you have the means and your in an area frequented by a lot of like minded people it could be a winner.

I just throw the odd get together now and again. Fabbers are thin on the ground in my area and it all depends on who is here at what time.

Obviously running a bona-fide B and B, attracts all the usual applications to the Marie and all the taxes and regulations that go with it. The easiest route is becoming a micro entrepreneur. There's a bit of a grey area in the chambre d'hote business. It may be worth reading up on the business side of things and how you balance the tax with your personal tax.

"I had a similar plan, I still have that plan. It's a great idea and you should pursue it. I think my idea became non viable as I'm in the middle of nowhere, it's in the triangle of various routes to Cap d'Agde, but everyone has to take a detour. Even having all the space, accommodation, private bar and hot tub didn't really garner any passing interest, apart from friends I already had.

If you have the means and your in an area frequented by a lot of like minded people it could be a winner.

I just throw the odd get together now and again. Fabbers are thin on the ground in my area and it all depends on who is here at what time.

Obviously running a bona-fide B and B, attracts all the usual applications to the Marie and all the taxes and regulations that go with it. The easiest route is becoming a micro entrepreneur. There's a bit of a grey area in the chambre d'hote business. It may be worth reading up on the business side of things and how you balance the tax with your personal tax.

"

We are lucky as we are literally on one of the main routes to the south and also Spain. I'm already in the process of becoming a micro entrepreneur so should be interesting to see what happens. Thanks so much for the feedback though. Much appreciated.

By *erksGuy3Man  over a year ago

Aquitaine France

You could be on to winner there, as now the bikers rest BnB that was near Gavaudon which is over near fumel has closed or in the process of being sold up and as you say we are on the main route through to spain. Good Luck with your venture and if you need a handyman give me a shout lol.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I had a similar plan, I still have that plan. It's a great idea and you should pursue it. I think my idea became non viable as I'm in the middle of nowhere, it's in the triangle of various routes to Cap d'Agde, but everyone has to take a detour. Even having all the space, accommodation, private bar and hot tub didn't really garner any passing interest, apart from friends I already had.

We are lucky as we are literally on one of the main routes to the south and also Spain. I'm already in the process of becoming a micro entrepreneur so should be interesting to see what happens. Thanks so much for the feedback though. Much appreciated. "

You will probably find that tax d'habitation will apply, as your home is being run as a business, also, depending on the level of income CFE tax on your ME.

By *ittall2020Man  over a year ago

Norwich

It's worth bearing in mind that there are already 2 biker campsites in the area, Camping Moto Dordogne and another one a little north of it, and they have cabins and everything so it's a pretty competitive market.

"It's worth bearing in mind that there are already 2 biker campsites in the area, Camping Moto Dordogne and another one a little north of it, and they have cabins and everything so it's a pretty competitive market. "

I'm not competing it's never going to be that grand. If anything it's as much for the social side of things as much as some pocket money. Thanks for the advice though

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It's worth bearing in mind that there are already 2 biker campsites in the area, Camping Moto Dordogne and another one a little north of it, and they have cabins and everything so it's a pretty competitive market.

I'm not competing it's never going to be that grand. If anything it's as much for the social side of things as much as some pocket money. Thanks for the advice though "

Great attitude which will I’m sure see your venture succeed as its more a case of hey we are here if you fancy popping in and not hey we are the best fuck the rest!!!!

Six years ago we opened a restaurant and the doubters said it wouldn’t work blah blah blah and when we closed three years later(Carols menopause) we were ranked number one in our department out of 350 restaurants.

Open it do it enjoy it and the very best of luck.

T

"It's worth bearing in mind that there are already 2 biker campsites in the area, Camping Moto Dordogne and another one a little north of it, and they have cabins and everything so it's a pretty competitive market.

I'm not competing it's never going to be that grand. If anything it's as much for the social side of things as much as some pocket money. Thanks for the advice though

Great attitude which will I’m sure see your venture succeed as its more a case of hey we are here if you fancy popping in and not hey we are the best fuck the rest!!!!

Six years ago we opened a restaurant and the doubters said it wouldn’t work blah blah blah and when we closed three years later(Carols menopause) we were ranked number one in our department out of 350 restaurants.

Open it do it enjoy it and the very best of luck.

T"

Thank you so much. X

By *appy_hedonistMan  over a year ago

Islington

I'm sure you've thought of this, but if you register on airbnb then that will take care of all of the marketing and admin side for you. I regularly use airbnb in Paris and it works a treat for all parties.

» Add a new message to this topic