FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > French postal sysyem

French postal sysyem

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ive deep mountain high OP   Man  over a year ago

Cambridge and Cap d Agde ( various weeks 2021 )

I am ordering a part for a shower outlet via mail order . In ideal circumstances I would like to purchase the part in the UK and but am unable to identify an exact fit . I have now found what I believe to be the correct part so am going to purchase the complete kit and just use the Cap .

Assuming that Leroy Merlin allow purchases via mail order , does anyone know what happens if you are out when the post man attempts to deliver . In any event only letters would fit through the letter box . Is the mail returned to a sorting office or left at a local post office and how long is it retained for . The easiest option for me would be to have it sent to the local post office in the village for collection . I want to try and avoid having to travel to Montpelier .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why not use a relais?

These are shops that you can arrange tour items to be sent to, you get a text and/or email to tell you it has arrived then you collect at your own convenience.

You usually have deliveries that are signed for sent to these.

There are plenty about - just check the internet for the most convenient to you.

By *heccoCouple  over a year ago

Normandy France

I thought this was a 'swinging' site not a French information centre !!!

"Why not use a relais?

These are shops that you can arrange tour items to be sent to, you get a text and/or email to tell you it has arrived then you collect at your own convenience.

You usually have deliveries that are signed for sent to these.

There are plenty about - just check the internet for the most convenient to you."

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Excellent advice . I am over for Easter so I will order about two weeks before. Hopefully there is a relais in Village Naturiste

"I thought this was a 'swinging' site not a French information centre !!!"
Hi. Good point. However I have had one reply and one private message so I guess that most people are happy to provide information and exchange knowledge on a variety of issues.

» Add a new message to this topic