FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Skiing 2021

Skiing 2021

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ame-room-no-swap OP   Couple  over a year ago

Taunton

Yes It’s a serious thread

Today is the last day to bag some cheap EasyJet flights for skiing next year. All prices less than £30 per flight at the moment.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rickydicky2Man  over a year ago

rogerstone

January st anton february possible morzine /avoriaz

By *9089Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"Yes It’s a serious thread

Today is the last day to bag some cheap EasyJet flights for skiing next year. All prices less than £30 per flight at the moment. "

I am going to Bulgaria in Jan 2021, the whole package is a lot cheaper than the European destinations

By * charming WolfMan  over a year ago

Battersea

Have booked up Morzine for February 16th x 4 days skiing and Cervinia for skiing in March 18th x 5 days .

If anyone is around I'm with my GF and another friend.

By *ave52Man  over a year ago

Great Dunmow

Yes but sadly there is usually a lot less snow there....you pays your monies and take yer chances!

By *layfulAussieMan  over a year ago

Sydney

"Yes It’s a serious thread

Today is the last day to bag some cheap EasyJet flights for skiing next year. All prices less than £30 per flight at the moment. "

Did you end up booking anything for next season?

Bradford

Been going to borovets for the last 4 years and had good snow each year. The lift capacity has been improved so queues are less likely. The last time I went to Austria or Germany, queues were a problem.

For those on a budget, it's worth a look

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

Christmas.....Sölden, January....Ischgl, February....Saalbach looking forward to snow

By *now Queen and SkibumCouple  over a year ago

Swindon ish

Booked to go back to Val Cenis in Jan. Gorgeous place. Fingers crossed we don't have to come home again after 24 hrs due to lockdown.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

St gervais from beginning jan to mid feb

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What are everyone’s thoughts on if the ski season will go ahead.

Bradford

"What are everyone’s thoughts on if the ski season will go ahead. "

Looking less likely the closer we get to the season

I was meant to be skiing in France in January but silly to even think about it now! Especially with 2 weeks isolation after and no covid cover on travel insurance ...

By *hitecumloadsMan  over a year ago

cannock

I’m off to Andorra pas da la casa March for a week anyone else off there

By *azzzzzMan  over a year ago

Downham Market

The ski resorts will not open in these times as they need to run at about 80% full to make it profitable. 2021 will be a right off!!

bournemouth

"The ski resorts will not open in these times as they need to run at about 80% full to make it profitable. 2021 will be a right off!!

"

If they reduce their costs by 30 % but their income by 100 they will lose far more by not opening and every bar,hotel, ski hire shop etc will go bust, if course they will open, if foreign skiers are allowed in is another matter

Bradford

I look forward to my next appearance on the slopes and I also hope that it's safe and fun

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

It’s rather likely the level of Covid in the UK by ski season will mean by then some countries will have a 14day quarantine rule on those arriving from the UK and then probably find you need to have another 14day on return Don’t expect a refund and make sure your accident and injury insurance isn’t invalidated by a UK travel advisory

Good luck to you though

By *nabreakCouple  over a year ago

Walton-on-Thames

Hoping to go - but will we be able to?

They will open! I live in a skiing area and everyone is preparing everything for the winter season. If then there is some restrictions in December is another thing, who knows, nothing is for sure this days.

By *rx1Couple  over a year ago

Torridge Area of Devon

All booked, to Andorra next March.

As we have done it as a package, we have already had it confirmed by Crystal ( Tui ) That if the holiday is cancelled by them or the UK Government or indeed the Andorran Authorities

We have choices even a full refund.

If you book flights, hotels, transfers separately to save yourselves a few quid, and one element goes down, you lose the lot.

If we have to quarantine on arrival back here, we are prepared to do so, or we wouldn’t have booked in the first place.

By *hitecumloadsMan  over a year ago

cannock

Hi there that’s exactly what I’ve been told so hopefully by March everything will have calmed down a bit I’m going to Andorra March we’re are you both off too

Off to avoriaz March 20th for a week. I’ve got everything crossed hoping it goes ahead! I hit apres far too hard last December and barely got any boarding done lol

We are going to France, Alps in Superdevoluy resort.

There is going to be a lot of snowy fun!

Would love to have a sexy company

Anybody wants to join us?

From 19 Dec to 2 Jan - 14 nights

We’re going to Morzine in Jan and Alpe D’Huez in Feb. Fingers crossed it’s all open. Will be gutted if it’s not x

By *annottsMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Bradford

Still looking forward to borovets in January but seems less likely the closer we get to it

Taunton

Looking increasing unlikely we'll be in the French Alps in January

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Looking increasing unlikely we'll be in the French Alps in January "

Might be ok, at this rate there will be no almost new patients for the virus to infect by then

By *annottsMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Might have to be spring skiing

Ski in the morning and sunbathe in the afternoon. Perfect

Bradford

"Might have to be spring skiing

Ski in the morning and sunbathe in the afternoon. Perfect "

There are a few glacier slopes that you can use until quite late in the year. I am sure that I used one near Garmish-Partenkirchen back in the 80's right up until May

By *umalotagainMan  over a year ago

a town called malice

"Looking increasing unlikely we'll be in the French Alps in January "

Unfortunately I think you might be right. My contacts in Chamonix are telling me whilst the french have shut down for “at least a month” he has information that it will probably be until the end of January, no government is going to announce a 2 or month lock down right now, it would be political suicide

"Looking increasing unlikely we'll be in the French Alps in January

Unfortunately I think you might be right. My contacts in Chamonix are telling me whilst the french have shut down for “at least a month” he has information that it will probably be until the end of January, no government is going to announce a 2 or month lock down right now, it would be political suicide "

I would be very surprised if this was the case.

3 month shutdown - can't see it.

I can see tighter restrictions being imposed to make sure that the Christmas celibrations do not undo the hard work and economic impact of a shutdown but three months!

By *i de BiCouple  over a year ago

Leicester

We have written off skiing this season , just so uncertain with the air corridors staying open

Fingers crossed this vaccine works and normality returns within a few months. It means I can get to France in March lol

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Still hopefull and not heard that our hotel (Austria) is closed/ closing. Fingers crossed.

Bradford

I am just about to o pay the balance of my trip for the end of January. Plenty of time for them to cancel

a town called malice

"Still hopefull and not heard that our hotel (Austria) is closed/ closing. Fingers crossed."

Right now Austria is in lockdown, no hotels can accept guests being reviewed 6th December abs they are doing a mass testing of the entire population before then, my contact in Austria thinks the week after new year before they will be allowed to open hotels ski lifts etc

a town called malice

"Looking increasing unlikely we'll be in the French Alps in January

Unfortunately I think you might be right. My contacts in Chamonix are telling me whilst the french have shut down for “at least a month” he has information that it will probably be until the end of January, no government is going to announce a 2 or month lock down right now, it would be political suicide

I would be very surprised if this was the case.

3 month shutdown - can't see it.

I can see tighter restrictions being imposed to make sure that the Christmas celibrations do not undo the hard work and economic impact of a shutdown but three months!

"

They did it in the spring just like they did get here, right now the hospital in sallanches is full as are a few other regional hospitals. If they are full then they won’t open up anything that could risk them needing more capacity. Maybe not 3 months but I don’t see tourists being welcome foe a while yet

"Still hopefull and not heard that our hotel (Austria) is closed/ closing. Fingers crossed.

Right now Austria is in lockdown, no hotels can accept guests being reviewed 6th December abs they are doing a mass testing of the entire population before then, my contact in Austria thinks the week after new year before they will be allowed to open hotels ski lifts etc "

I spoke to the hotel today and they said similar. Thanks for this. Not going til mid January so fingers crossed.

By *ightowl265Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

[Removed by poster at 20/11/20 21:02:18]

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

Booked Les Arc for the end of January, just a train ride away for me.

By *mmacdheelsTV/TS  over a year ago

Pau France, NOT IN

Suppose it has to be one of the benefits of living in France, for me its only 45 min drive to my nearest ski resort. Provisionally due to open first week of December, as soon as it does and we are free of lockdown then the ski kit will be used. Great to be able to pick and choose any day to ski without being tied to a holiday period.

Bradford

"Suppose it has to be one of the benefits of living in France, for me its only 45 min drive to my nearest ski resort. Provisionally due to open first week of December, as soon as it does and we are free of lockdown then the ski kit will be used. Great to be able to pick and choose any day to ski without being tied to a holiday period."

Not at all jealous, much. Enjoy it if you can

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I normally ski in Morzine in March but 2021 is a no no! My friends in resort to me the piste will be open to locals but not to foreign visitors. They are trying to keep covid as low as possible.

As someone else stated above; the air corridors are precarious at best. There there would probably be quarantine either way - a week ski = 5 weeks holiday!!!

WHEN a vaccine is available Joe public will be last on the list so don’t expect to be vaccinated much before summer 2021, if then!

I’d say skiing is off the cards for 2021...... and of course travel agencies will take your money! VIP SKI has gone into liquidation..

"I normally ski in Morzine in March but 2021 is a no no! My friends in resort to me the piste will be open to locals but not to foreign visitors. They are trying to keep covid as low as possible.

As someone else stated above; the air corridors are precarious at best. There there would probably be quarantine either way - a week ski = 5 weeks holiday!!!

WHEN a vaccine is available Joe public will be last on the list so don’t expect to be vaccinated much before summer 2021, if then!

I’d say skiing is off the cards for 2021...... and of course travel agencies will take your money! VIP SKI has gone into liquidation.."

The ski resorts surely wouldn’t last the season with only locals using them. It has to get to a point where they open the flood gates and say crack on for the economies sake. Now that a vaccine is here let people go about there ways (to an extent obviously). I’m just clinging on to getting away this season haha

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"I normally ski in Morzine in March but 2021 is a no no! My friends in resort to me the piste will be open to locals but not to foreign visitors. They are trying to keep covid as low as possible.

I’d say skiing is off the cards for 2021...... and of course travel agencies will take your money! VIP SKI has gone into liquidation..

The ski resorts surely wouldn’t last the season with only locals using them. It has to get to a point where they open the flood gates and say crack on for the economies sake. Now that a vaccine is here let people go about there ways (to an extent obviously). I’m just clinging on to getting away this season haha "

Well that’s just the attitude that gets us where we are now..... your health (and those around you) clearly isn’t your no.1 priority ...

Of course it is my priority. I’m only saying the world can’t stop forever. There will be nothing left if everywhere stays under lock down for years to come. But that’s not up to us, I’m just wishful thinking.

Pau France, NOT IN

Lockdown continues to 15 December and no skiing in France until next year, possibly mid Jan 2021 but have to wait for details to be confirmed.

I think you are correct.

There are talks going on between the goverment and the Ski Federation nit it is unlikely that resorts will open before 20th January at the earliest.

Money is being channelled to help out businesses to help get them through this current lockdown although, the financial impact of missing the Christmas and New Year holiday skiers will be immense.

The cost of a 3rd wave would also be immense.

Between a rock and a hard place...

Taunton

One of our flights for early Jan has been cancelled, so looks like refund time, and look at March as a possibility

bournemouth

Any dates for opening are pure speculation at the moment, the only thing that looks certain from.his announcement is nothing until beginning of Jan

a town called malice

The Italians are doing the same, Austria is “planning” for opening 19th December Switzerland is open and will remain so, but all bars abs restaurants closed

It’s going to be a very different ski season this year ( again)

Taunton

"Any dates for opening are pure speculation at the moment, the only thing that looks certain from.his announcement is nothing until beginning of Jan"

I'd be very surprised if they were closed over xmas and new year then suddenly opened on Jan 2. Jan 16 at the earliest is what i'm hearing from my sources in the ski station.

Germany is trying to get Europe to approve closing all ski resorts until after new year in an attempt to slow the spread

Not sure I fancy being in the lift que at the moment not much social distancing at the best of times

I agree with their proposal even though the financial and personal impact will be immense.

I would not like to be in a resort at the moment with this virus still active.

Bradford

I am booked to travel to Bulgaria at the end of January. Although there may be much movement in terms of vaccines by then, it wouldn't surprise me if the whole season is put on hold. Devastating for the industry and the seasonal workers that rely on it but possibly a necessary part of the recovery.

bournemouth

Unless you are in a packed cable car I don't see the risk is any different from being in a shop, early season it will be easy to make the gondolas safe by only allowing those in the same bubble in, open chairs the same, queues are easy to keep apart in, bars outside service only, will be harder in the four week peak french half term if lots arrive but that is 9 weeks away yet, lots can change before then, we are due to go 2nd Jan and if the slopes are open go we will,as we self drive and self cater we will mix with far less people than we both do here for work.

By *nabreakCouple  over a year ago

Walton-on-Thames

At the moment the German government is pressing for a European wide closure of ski resorts until at least mid-Jan (check out BBC news) - Austria is asking for compensation if that happens

French winter sport resorts are free to open for the Christmas holiday season, Prime Minister Jean Castex said Thursday, but ski lifts will have to remain shut.

Bradford

"French winter sport resorts are free to open for the Christmas holiday season, Prime Minister Jean Castex said Thursday, but ski lifts will have to remain shut."

I doubt there will be many wanting to do the cross country (or more accurately described uphill) skiing. I hope for the best but accept that it's likely to be different

bournemouth

They will need some snow first

Bradford

"They will need some snow first"

Already had a snow forecast for Bulgaria, within 3 days.

Taunton

Re-booking for first half of March, fortunately can carry my flights over, including the £1 baggage deal I took.

We are determined to get some slippery white stuff under our feet !!

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

I thought the EU were in consultation about closing all ski resorts for the 20/21 season to reduce the spread of COVID?

bournemouth

"I thought the EU were in consultation about closing all ski resorts for the 20/21 season to reduce the spread of COVID?"

Most of the ski areas were open during the summer so it's very unlikely they will be closed all winter

By *esFranceMan  over a year ago

France

All closed till 20th Jan unless you are local (20k) then you can go for 3 hours per day!

Taunton

"I thought the EU were in consultation about closing all ski resorts for the 20/21 season to reduce the spread of COVID?

Most of the ski areas were open during the summer so it's very unlikely they will be closed all winter "

I don't think Macron dare close a whole ski season, I think they will want to be open , with sensible restrictions, for half term. The ski season is as sacrosanct as xmas is for us ...

bournemouth

"All closed till 20th Jan unless you are local (20k) then you can go for 3 hours per day!

"

That's for the bars to reopen, no mention of when the lifts will open, French PM announcing more info end of next wk.

Taunton

Austria,Andorra and Switzerland planning to be open for xmas skiing, The French resorts are pushing hard for a Jan 5 opening

bournemouth

That would be great if jan 5th does happen

[Removed by poster at 03/12/20 12:53:03]

We see both the Vercors and the Alps from our house and they look lovely and white today.

The sun is shining and making the mountains look beautiful.

Hopefully we will get up there soon

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

Looks like Austria will be just for the Austrians for Christmas but ........ if they open on the weekend 9th jan like they say they will without us isolating then that’ll work as we have Ischgl booked for that week...... who knows what will happen between now and then....but we’ll try to get there if we can

The snow is looking good so I am going to go into the mountains for some ski mountaineering on the next good sunny day since the restrictions for travel have been lifted (from the 15th).

Prefer to do some downhill but the lifts are not open yet...

Hopefully this will be a good season after all.

By *i de BiCouple  over a year ago

Leicester

I1m getting emails from Ski companies offering bookings for 21/22 season , even they have written this season off

Bradford

"I1m getting emails from Ski companies offering bookings for 21/22 season , even they have written this season off "

I am still booked for the end of January but it's looking less likely Nas we get nearer

Ski stations may reopen this season. Decision being announced on the 7th of January

I’ve just been sent some info from snowboxx regarding the ski season in France. They’ve gone from 88,000 cases a day last month to 11,500 on December 13th. Ski resorts are preparing to open on January 20th. Fingers crossed!!! December 19th in Switzerland also for anyone wanting to know

Bradford

"I’ve just been sent some info from snowboxx regarding the ski season in France. They’ve gone from 88,000 cases a day last month to 11,500 on December 13th. Ski resorts are preparing to open on January 20th. Fingers crossed!!! December 19th in Switzerland also for anyone wanting to know "

Thanks for the update. Anyone know anything about the ski scene for Bulgaria?

bournemouth

"I’ve just been sent some info from snowboxx regarding the ski season in France. They’ve gone from 88,000 cases a day last month to 11,500 on December 13th. Ski resorts are preparing to open on January 20th. Fingers crossed!!! December 19th in Switzerland also for anyone wanting to know "

The 20th is for bars etc, the lifts are due to open on the 7th provided the case numbers are not rising. The problem is that the brits might not be allowed in.

Pau France, NOT IN

"I’ve just been sent some info from snowboxx regarding the ski season in France. They’ve gone from 88,000 cases a day last month to 11,500 on December 13th. Ski resorts are preparing to open on January 20th. Fingers crossed!!! December 19th in Switzerland also for anyone wanting to know

The 20th is for bars etc, the lifts are due to open on the 7th provided the case numbers are not rising. The problem is that the brits might not be allowed in."

The last statment from Macron was that they are "aiming for a reopening sometime in January". 7th Jan has been stated as a day to review a possible opening date but is not the planned opening date.

bournemouth

"I’ve just been sent some info from snowboxx regarding the ski season in France. They’ve gone from 88,000 cases a day last month to 11,500 on December 13th. Ski resorts are preparing to open on January 20th. Fingers crossed!!! December 19th in Switzerland also for anyone wanting to know

The 20th is for bars etc, the lifts are due to open on the 7th provided the case numbers are not rising. The problem is that the brits might not be allowed in.

The last statment from Macron was that they are "aiming for a reopening sometime in January". 7th Jan has been stated as a day to review a possible opening date but is not the planned opening date."

Not according to the resort web site we are going to also planet ski saying the same, as I said that date is subject to numbers of cases.

By *kijetCouple  over a year ago

bristol

Switzerland to Ban Arrival of UK Tourists on January 1st 2021

Coronavirus restrictions co-incide with Brexit meaning UK citizens will not be able to cross the border except for essential reasons.

Norway already has a similar policy and the ban could be extended to all EU and Schengen countries.

The effects of Brexit starting to have an impact

By *innMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

Skiing - ha,

There are very few people on this thread that understand the position.

The UK government will not allow you to fly out for a holiday.

The EU (which you are not part of) have restrictions and Covid barriers to non European residents.

Your insurance won’t be valid if the UK government doesn’t lift the restrictions on holiday travel.

Getting insurance that will cover Covid - well good luck on that.

If you live in the UK you are now suffering some of the harshest restrictions and consequences as a result of the combo of Brexit and Covid.

The dawning of this hadn’t quite arrived for a lot of you.

Bradford

"Skiing - ha,

The EU (which you are not part of) have restrictions and Covid barriers to non European residents.

Your insurance won’t be valid if the UK government doesn’t lift the restrictions on holiday travel.

If you live in the UK you are now suffering some of the harshest restrictions and consequences as a result of the combo of Brexit and Covid.

"

Our harshest restrictions are still more lenient than some of the European countries, Germany, Holland and Italy for example.

By *innMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

"Skiing - ha,

Our harshest restrictions are still more lenient than some of the European countries, Germany, Holland and Italy for example."

Except they are all EU member states with freedom to travel

a town called malice

I still want to know what fucktards thought leaving the EU was such a great idea, no doubt they will tell me how we are taking back control, but any skier who voted to leave should probably give up the sport as you are part of the cause of the decimation of the jobs of those who work in the sport

bournemouth

"I still want to know what fucktards thought leaving the EU was such a great idea, no doubt they will tell me how we are taking back control, but any skier who voted to leave should probably give up the sport as you are part of the cause of the decimation of the jobs of those who work in the sport "

Ah the intolerance of the tolerant.

bristol

Switzerland boarders shut to the UK Somehow I can't see the UK skiing this year in France. Why they will open up for the French only in February. Boris and his Brexit

bournemouth

"Switzerland boarders shut to the UK Somehow I can't see the UK skiing this year in France. Why they will open up for the French only in February. Boris and his Brexit"

Why has it anything to do with brexit ? Latest news tonight is no french resorts will open till half term at the earliest

bristol

Travellers from all non-EU countries – and that now includes the UK after Brexit – are not be able to visit the EU and Schengen countries except for a certain number of essential reasons.

In France ski resorts will have to wait to open their lifts until at least early February.

Cinemas, theatres and other cultural sectors face a similar date.

Bars and restaurants would not be able to reopen until mid February at the earliest, the Prime Minister said.

“The government is well aware of that the sector needs clarity and we are committed to providing this for the rest of the season as quickly as possible,” said The Secretary of State for tourism Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne told the AFP news agency.

The closure over Xmas and New Year led to an 80% drop in the economic activity of ski resorts compared to the previous year.

Some resorts are described as ‘ghost towns’ with barely a soul around.

The target for daily cases for Covid-19 for the French government is 5,000 but cases in France remain at a weekly average of around 15,000.

On Wednesday France saw 25,379 new Covid-19 cases over the past 24 hours, up from 20,489 the preceding day.

Some of the regions in the Alps are amoung the worst affected areas.

Here at PlanetSKI we have had swift reaction from the resorts.

“We are of course disappointed not to be able to open the ski lifts for the time being, but we are ready for when we are given the green light,” said the Director of Tourism at Les Menuires, Marlene Giacometti, to

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

Just arrived back home in Cap d'Agde today after a week trekking at Saint-Lary in the Pyrenees, a few folks on the pistes, boards and ski but everyone had to trek up as the lifts were closed.

A lot of youngsters turned up on the 6th anticipating the season starting on the 7th and even the snow machines were busy pumping snow but the lift opening was later postponed until the 20th Feb.

Did get ourselves interviewed though and pictured for the local rag

bristol

Brexit We control our boards I don't link so. Did some people on here not see the news all the lorry before Xmas stuck in Dover.

bristol

Borders

Pau France, NOT IN

"Brexit We control our boards I don't link so. Did some people on here not see the news all the lorry before Xmas stuck in Dover. "

Sorry to say but you are wrong. Having control over the border is about controlling who comes in. The xmas problem was not caused by brexit, it was because the French closed their border due to covid. The UK border was always open and vehicles were still coming in. The spanish ski resorts are open and the nearest one is 1 hours drive for me but I cannot go because the spanish border is closed unless you have a covid negative test, but the spanish can freely drive into france. Now thats not a brexit problem, its a similer covid problem with the Spanish exercising their inward border control even though we are EU countries.

Bradford

"Brexit We control our boards I don't link so. Did some people on here not see the news all the lorry before Xmas stuck in Dover.

Sorry to say but you are wrong. Having control over the border is about controlling who comes in. The xmas problem was not caused by brexit, it was because the French closed their border due to covid. The UK border was always open and vehicles were still coming in. The spanish ski resorts are open and the nearest one is 1 hours drive for me but I cannot go because the spanish border is closed unless you have a covid negative test, but the spanish can freely drive into france. Now thats not a brexit problem, its a similer covid problem with the Spanish exercising their inward border control even though we are EU countries. "

Good to see clarification on here

"Brexit We control our boards I don't link so. Did some people on here not see the news all the lorry before Xmas stuck in Dover.

Sorry to say but you are wrong. Having control over the border is about controlling who comes in. The xmas problem was not caused by brexit, it was because the French closed their border due to covid. The UK border was always open and vehicles were still coming in. The spanish ski resorts are open and the nearest one is 1 hours drive for me but I cannot go because the spanish border is closed unless you have a covid negative test, but the spanish can freely drive into france. Now thats not a brexit problem, its a similer covid problem with the Spanish exercising their inward border control even though we are EU countries. "

I think you are both right. The majority of EU countries who have shut their borders to the UK, have done so not because of Brexit but being outside the EU naturally puts us into the situation of being a non EU country.

As for controlling our borders, every single country INSIDE the EU is doing just that.

Well that’s my festival cancelled back end of March so it’s not looking good

bristol

Think your right

UPDATE:

France’s ski lifts will very likely stay closed until the end of the season due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a government source told Reuters on Wednesday.

Bradford

Seems the piste bashing machines are out and about in Borovets, no skiers though

Taunton

March flights now cancelled so moving them to 2022

Bradford

Should have flown out yesterday, hopefully it will be on again next year

Thanks for the post just booked skiing flights for January next year

By *SuperbMan  over a year ago

now in Germany

Anyone watching Ski Sunday and getting excited?

Though Chemmy Alcott annoys me!

bristol

Walking up most days with skins on, three hours up for 15 minutes down with so many turns to make the most of the descent. And no lockdown here in France just got to be in bed by six lol

bournemouth

"Anyone watching Ski Sunday and getting excited?

"

Out of ten I would give her one

I wouldn’t mind sharing a lodge with her

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

French School holidays this week and the slopes are packed despite all the lifts being closed.

Ironically they are saying its the best snow in the last 6 years.

March holidays cancelled today, that’s all 3 trips now cancelled!

Roll on Nov!

Let’s Gets for info.

bristol

"French School holidays this week and the slopes are packed despite all the lifts being closed.

Ironically they are saying its the best snow in the last 6 years.

"

Wow not like that here in the 3 Valleys very quite at the moment

Pau France, NOT IN

Quite busy with the holiday makers at my local ski resort. They have two ground level 'tapis' lifts operating in the beginners area and thats really busy now.

"

Chemmy walks on water as far as we are concerned. Great seeing her do demos of technique- shows how superb a skier she is.

By * charming WolfMan  over a year ago

Battersea

Supposed to have been in Brueil Cervinia this week skiing... two years in a row have had to move the already pre-paid booking and the flights - roll on March 16th 2022. Have just booked Christmas/New Year in Les Gets if anyone is about? Have much catching up to do!

Bradford

Chemmy walks on water as far as we are concerned. Great seeing her do demos of technique- shows how superb a skier she is. "

Just looked for ski Sunday on iPlayer, can't find it

» Add a new message to this topic