FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Filters/looking for...

Filters/looking for...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abon OP   Woman  over a year ago

Loughboro/Ashby-ish

So post covid, I am only really looking to meet single guys. I keep my message filters closed unless I have time to read messages, so I don’t get inundated. My profile currently says:

Not looking for single guys. Men aged 35 to 54. Will meet smokers.

So why does it say specifically not looking for single guys? If it has to list who I’m NOT accepting messages from, why doesn’t it list ALL the categories my filters are closed to..? And why does it have to list who my filters are closed to anyway...as they’d find out when they tried to message me.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"So post covid, I am only really looking to meet single guys. I keep my message filters closed unless I have time to read messages, so I don’t get inundated. My profile currently says:

Not looking for single guys. Men aged 35 to 54. Will meet smokers.

So why does it say specifically not looking for single guys? If it has to list who I’m NOT accepting messages from, why doesn’t it list ALL the categories my filters are closed to..? And why does it have to list who my filters are closed to anyway...as they’d find out when they tried to message me. "

Men are the only gender this shows for when they are blocked by message filters.

Maybe in the forlorn hope that a guy will read a profile before trying to mail.

Loughboro/Ashby-ish

Ok...thank you.

So the only way to remove that is to open the floodgates?!

Loughboro/Ashby-ish

Sadly, I WANT the guys who read my profile lol!!!

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Why not use the age filter option?

Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"Sadly, I WANT the guys who read my profile lol!!!"

We all do, rarely happens though.

Men can still see your profile, they just can't mail if you have that filter applied.

Loughboro/Ashby-ish

"Why not use the age filter option? "

I do. I still get 1-200 messages a day. I lose conversations I want to keep going, I don’t like the fuck-off attitude I adopt when I’m overwhelmed with unwanted messages, and I’m trying to limit my screen time lol!!

Loughboro/Ashby-ish

"Sadly, I WANT the guys who read my profile lol!!!

We all do, rarely happens though.

Men can still see your profile, they just can't mail if you have that filter applied."

Thanks...yes. It’s just that stand out sentence about not looking for single guys. I wish it wasn’t there. That’s all. Thanks for your replies tho

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What's written there is dictated by what you have chosen in your "looking for" section, not your filters. So even if you opened your filters it would still say not looking for single guys etc. It's only really there to let others know what you're looking for but sadly 99% of people will still message on the off chance they'll be the one to magically change your mind - that's where the filters come in.

Hi am new on here

[Removed by poster at 04/05/20 20:15:25]

Loughboro/Ashby-ish

"What's written there is dictated by what you have chosen in your "looking for" section, not your filters. So even if you opened your filters it would still say not looking for single guys etc. It's only really there to let others know what you're looking for but sadly 99% of people will still message on the off chance they'll be the one to magically change your mind - that's where the filters come in. "

But I AM looking for single guys...that’s the only group I’m clearly looking for at the moment. I’ve got that selected on my account...but all messaging filters closed. I’m more confused now lol!!

"What's written there is dictated by what you have chosen in your "looking for" section, not your filters. So even if you opened your filters it would still say not looking for single guys etc. It's only really there to let others know what you're looking for but sadly 99% of people will still message on the off chance they'll be the one to magically change your mind - that's where the filters come in.

But I AM looking for single guys...that’s the only group I’m clearly looking for at the moment. I’ve got that selected on my account...but all messaging filters closed. I’m more confused now lol!!"

In your "looking for" have you got the "a man" box checked? If so, try opening your filter for males only and see if that makes a difference.

Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"What's written there is dictated by what you have chosen in your "looking for" section, not your filters. So even if you opened your filters it would still say not looking for single guys etc. It's only really there to let others know what you're looking for but sadly 99% of people will still message on the off chance they'll be the one to magically change your mind - that's where the filters come in.

But I AM looking for single guys...that’s the only group I’m clearly looking for at the moment. I’ve got that selected on my account...but all messaging filters closed. I’m more confused now lol!!"

Let's try again

The 'not looking for single guys' is on your profile because you have applied the message filter that stops men from messaging you. The only way to remove that wording is to remove that message filter and allow men to mail.

If you don't want men messaging then you will have to live with 'not looking for single guys' written on your profile.

All genders can view your profile, regardless of message filters, so men can still read your profile but currently can not message you, unless you PM the guy 1st. Because you have this filter men will not appear on you Who Looked list.

Loughboro/Ashby-ish

It all becomes clear...thank you!!

However ...how can I make a suggestion to change this?

The only thing I want to stop is messages, temporarily, when I don’t have time to manage it all! I’d like to see who is looking at my account, and I don’t want ‘not looking for single men’ written in my profile. I totally get the site wants to encourage conversation, but it seems a bit harsh that the only way to achieve what I’d like is to have to open my filters!

Thanks for any thoughts x

"It all becomes clear...thank you!!

The only thing I want to stop is messages, temporarily, when I don’t have time to manage it all! I’d like to see who is looking at my account, and I don’t want ‘not looking for single men’ written in my profile. I totally get the site wants to encourage conversation, but it seems a bit harsh that the only way to achieve what I’d like is to have to open my filters!

Thanks for any thoughts x "

You could try either hiding your profile or keeping the filters on and searching for men yourself? That way you can keep messaging whoever you fancy but avoid the onslaught

Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Thanks for any thoughts x "

Lift the Male filter and change your age preferences here

https://www.fabswingers.com/my/filters

You are currently looking for 35-54, flip it around to 54-35. It has worked for me in the past.

Loughboro/Ashby-ish

Thanks for any thoughts x

Lift the Male filter and change your age preferences here

https://www.fabswingers.com/my/filters

You are currently looking for 35-54, flip it around to 54-35. It has worked for me in the past."

Brilliant idea...a friend suggested changing the age limits, so I’m currently hot for single men aged 90-99 Inbox is pretty slow now lol!! I might try your idea with my actual preferred age range tho...thank you

Hi how’s you

[Removed by poster at 04/06/20 20:18:34]

[Removed by poster at 04/06/20 20:18:29]

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Perhaps put a quick note at the top of your profile saying you are interested in single guys but won't accept messages due to the volume of them and ask them to wink instead?

Loughboro/Ashby-ish

"Perhaps put a quick note at the top of your profile saying you are interested in single guys but won't accept messages due to the volume of them and ask them to wink instead? "

Thank you...the age filter works...I browse through fabs, look at winks and open messages sometimes...seems to work for now

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Perhaps put a quick note at the top of your profile saying you are interested in single guys but won't accept messages due to the volume of them and ask them to wink instead?

Thank you...the age filter works...I browse through fabs, look at winks and open messages sometimes...seems to work for now "

» Add a new message to this topic