FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Cookies : EU/UK Legislation

Cookies : EU/UK Legislation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nSM OP   Couple  over a year ago

Macclesfield (Cheshire) & Murcia (Spain)

From Sunday, website sites must obtain "informed consent" from visitors before saving cookies on a machine.

The guidelines, set by the EU, mean visitors must be told what cookies are being placed on their machine and will me regulated within the UK by the Information Commissioners Office (ICO)

NOTE - Cookies are pieces of personal data stored when users browse the web and the rules are designed to tackle privacy issues resulting from the growing use of cookies which track users' browsing habits.

Just wondered re Fabswingers abd 'associated' websites that's all

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

At the moment, I see this, which part goes towards compliance, and the year's amnesty ends tomorrow, I think.

'We make use of a cookie to help manage logged in users on the site. We also use 3rd party analytics software to measure how many visitors, pageviews etc that the site receives which also uses cookies'

What it doesn't do is explicitly state which cookies are stored, and what they're individually doing, which would be helpful.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i use donottrack a browser addon, its stopped alot of marketing tracking via most sites, fab and facebook included

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Most websites are going to fail to implement this law. I've had a few old clients come calling to ask about implementing an explicit consent system (www.ico.gov.uk style) but none have bothered to actually do it. My understanding is that a lot of government sites don't comply either, so I doubt Fab will.

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

I had wondered why had seen a big banner on the BBC website yesterday and then today on my online banking page about Cookies ... guessed there must have been a legislative reason behind it

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I have my browser to always request cookie consent, for everywhere that I visit, so I keep tightly on top of it. I do value my privacy, and allow those cookies that I perceive as essential for me to do what I want to do, and for sites to operate. Anything further really needs justification from sites which expect to invade my privacy.

» Add a new message to this topic