FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Messages disappearing

Messages disappearing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ont Ask Dont Get OP   Woman  over a year ago

amersham

As I was looking at the forums I noticed the number of unread messages in my inbox dropping. How can that happen?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

you can only have so many inbox messages, if you dont open them and hit the number im guessing it deletes the oldest

You have time to count how many unread messages you have but no time to read them?

amersham

No... I didn't count them! The number is in the corner of the screen...and it went down before my eyes.

By *r24Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

How can I get my messages back from 2 weeks ago?

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"No... I didn't count them! The number is in the corner of the screen...and it went down before my eyes."

Sounds like someone else was logged into your account.

Would this happen if people deleted there unread sent mail because it hadn't been read? You lucky to get mail mine won't go down from 0 I suppose!

Glasgow

"Would this happen if people deleted there unread sent mail because it hadn't been read? You lucky to get mail mine won't go down from 0 I suppose! "

Nope, if you delete sent mail the recipient still gets it. I delete my sent msgs as soon as I've sent them.

"How can I get my messages back from 2 weeks ago? "

U can't.... Once it's deleted it's gone

"Would this happen if people deleted there unread sent mail because it hadn't been read? You lucky to get mail mine won't go down from 0 I suppose!

Nope, if you delete sent mail the recipient still gets it. I delete my sent msgs as soon as I've sent them."

that's cleared that up lol! Thanks x

Delete the messages that you've read or not interested in and hey presto, like magic, the other messages will appear from the bottom of the page.

amersham

"No... I didn't count them! The number is in the corner of the screen...and it went down before my eyes.

Sounds like someone else was logged into your account. "

That's what I was worried about... ... haven't got millions of messages in my inbox so wouldn't have thought it was over it's limit...

Glasgow

"Sounds like someone else was logged into your account.

That's what I was worried about... ... haven't got millions of messages in my inbox so wouldn't have thought it was over it's limit... "

Even if it was at a message limit and deleting old ones as new ones come in... Surely then the number would stay the same. Def sounds like something dodgy..

Had something similar today when a friend from here phoned me to ask why I'd blocked them... I hadnt, but checked my block list amd there was about 30 people on there I hadnt blocked.

I'd change your password, (and email address linked to your account)

If people leave fab does that remove messages? Plus if I was to delete it off my sent list before its read would that take it off the person it was sent to's inbox?

Glasgow

"If people leave fab does that remove messages? Plus if I was to delete it off my sent list before its read would that take it off the person it was sent to's inbox?"

Nope, if someone leaves the message stays in your inbox but replaces the username with "user no longer on site"

And the recipient still gets the mail even if the sender deletes it from their sent mail

» Add a new message to this topic