FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > How do u delete threads

How do u delete threads

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So u can focus on the threads that are recent etc how do u delete off old threads ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

You can't.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"You can't."

Only mods or admin can delete posts and threads but you can of course ask them to delete one of your threads for you.

T

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

Generally speaking threads are available permanently unless they break the T's & C's/AUP.

Most threads are replaced at the top of the pile quite quickly, and never see the light of day again.

Would be handy because it’s hard to keep track of what to actually focus on when u got a list of threads going plus when they fill up u can’t carry them on so they just sit there for no reason

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

If they are closed as they got to 175 then there are many other posters who might not want it deleted

"If they are closed as they got to 175 then there are many other posters who might not want it deleted"
why I dunno who goes back to something someone said ten years ago and quotes them on it 10 years later makes no sense to keep a thread once the conversation is over it’s over

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"If they are closed as they got to 175 then there are many other posters who might not want it deletedwhy I dunno who goes back to something someone said ten years ago and quotes them on it 10 years later makes no sense to keep a thread once the conversation is over it’s over "

You would be surprised how many threads are bumped years after they were started. And the conversation isn't really over if someone carries it on.

By *annaBeBeachBumMan  over a year ago

Sunny SouthWest

"If they are closed as they got to 175 then there are many other posters who might not want it deletedwhy I dunno who goes back to something someone said ten years ago and quotes them on it 10 years later makes no sense to keep a thread once the conversation is over it’s over "

Don’t really need go back that long. 3 weeks ago you yourself brought up a concern re disappearing threads and now you’re asking why you can’t delete them yourself! Everyone else who takes part in a thread deserves to have their contribution preserved, so long as it’s compliant with site conditions?

By *ittyandtheboyCouple  over a year ago

always in the kitchen at parties

Once a thread is full it falls to the bottom of the pile and gets replaced by new conversations. I don’t see your problem?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

[Removed by poster at 21/01/21 09:03:42]

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"If they are closed as they got to 175 then there are many other posters who might not want it deletedwhy I dunno who goes back to something someone said ten years ago and quotes them on it 10 years later makes no sense to keep a thread once the conversation is over it’s over

"

To be fair, that isn't what I said.

What I meant was, there are many other people on that thread to consider and they may not want threads removed just because one person does

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

"If they are closed as they got to 175 then there are many other posters who might not want it deletedwhy I dunno who goes back to something someone said ten years ago and quotes them on it 10 years later makes no sense to keep a thread once the conversation is over it’s over

What I meant was, there are many other people on that thread to consider and they may not want threads removed just because one person does

"

This is a very good point. On Facebook, I’m in a lot of groups that have a strict rule against “dirty deletes” - usually posters who decide they don’t like the replies they’ve received, so delete the whole thread to pretend it never happened. Many groups will permanently ban you for that, because it’s a crappy way to behave when people have gone to the trouble of replying. So I think it’s good that people can’t delete threads here. I think it would be abused by people who realise they’ve made themselves look bad on their earlier threads and want to “hide the evidence” so to speak.

By *oelDorianMan  over a year ago

vanaheim

This is a very good point. On Facebook, I’m in a lot of groups that have a strict rule against “dirty deletes” - usually posters who decide they don’t like the replies they’ve received, so delete the whole thread to pretend it never happened. Many groups will permanently ban you for that, because it’s a crappy way to behave when people have gone to the trouble of replying. So I think it’s good that people can’t delete threads here. I think it would be abused by people who realise they’ve made themselves look bad on their earlier threads and want to “hide the evidence” so to speak."

Definitely I agree that they have a record of previous threads

By *konCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

Dirty deletes . I like that . I’ll plagiarize it if I may !

This is a very good point. On Facebook, I’m in a lot of groups that have a strict rule against “dirty deletes” - usually posters who decide they don’t like the replies they’ve received, so delete the whole thread to pretend it never happened. Many groups will permanently ban you for that, because it’s a crappy way to behave when people have gone to the trouble of replying. So I think it’s good that people can’t delete threads here. I think it would be abused by people who realise they’ve made themselves look bad on their earlier threads and want to “hide the evidence” so to speak."

I think if a thread is over 175 messages that’s it no one can post to it anymore close them or delete them after no point having them

vanaheim

This is a very good point. On Facebook, I’m in a lot of groups that have a strict rule against “dirty deletes” - usually posters who decide they don’t like the replies they’ve received, so delete the whole thread to pretend it never happened. Many groups will permanently ban you for that, because it’s a crappy way to behave when people have gone to the trouble of replying. So I think it’s good that people can’t delete threads here. I think it would be abused by people who realise they’ve made themselves look bad on their earlier threads and want to “hide the evidence” so to speak.I think if a thread is over 175 messages that’s it no one can post to it anymore close them or delete them after no point having them "

Preservation of information and it can also can those who make threads on a similar subject as reference

I am forever thankful for the green arrow.

It provides more information than a profile ever will.

V

vanaheim

"I am forever thankful for the green arrow.

V"

That’s very true it definitely does

[Removed by poster at 21/01/21 15:34:42]

"I am forever thankful for the green arrow.

V

That’s very true it definitely does "

Especially today which I’ve just realised you will!

» Add a new message to this topic