FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Site etiquette and being blocked

Site etiquette and being blocked

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *addymac2021 OP   Man  over a year ago

scarborough

I am new on the site, I always read profile and don't contact anyone if they say not to i.e. I don't wink if they say "we don't respond to winks etc..." Someone winked at me ,I looked at profile and sent a polite message, not just a "Hi" and indicated I had read the whole profile. All mention of them disappeared ! The wink disappeared out of my profile as did "who viewed me" . Does that mean they blocked me ? Why do that when they I initiated contact ? Just reply and thanks but no thanks surely?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ustme1820Woman  over a year ago

Southcoast Gosport

"I am new on the site, I always read profile and don't contact anyone if they say not to i.e. I don't wink if they say "we don't respond to winks etc..." Someone winked at me ,I looked at profile and sent a polite message, not just a "Hi" and indicated I had read the whole profile. All mention of them disappeared ! The wink disappeared out of my profile as did "who viewed me" . Does that mean they blocked me ? Why do that when they I initiated contact ? Just reply and thanks but no thanks surely? "
No body owes you a response when you message them, no reply means not interested. They may have winked accidentally, who knows. If all trace has gone of said profile chances are they’ve deleted their account.

By *mma_EvansTV/TS  over a year ago

Colchester

Have you looked at your sent messages? If the message you sent has disappeared the account has been deleted, I think. If not, then I am presuming you may have been blocked x

scarborough

Okay, fair enough. Yes I realise I am not entitled to a reply and I realise some people will be absolutely inundated with replies and couldn't get through them all. Wink by mistake I hadn't thought of so thanks for that. Thanks for replying. As I said I'm new and just trying to get the tone right. Thanks

Colchester

"No body owes you a response when you message them, no reply means not interested. They may have winked accidentally, who knows. If all trace has gone of said profile chances are they’ve deleted their account. "

Gosh, give the guy some slack, he has only been on the site a couple of weeks

scarborough

"Have you looked at your sent messages? If the message you sent has disappeared the account has been deleted, I think. If not, then I am presuming you may have been blocked x"

Thank you for the response

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Sounds like u blocked! Very rude! But as the saying goes none as weird as folk! X

scarborough

"Sounds like u blocked! Very rude! But as the saying goes none as weird as folk! X"

Thanks, looks that way. Someone pointed out that they may have winked by mistake and my response would have appeared like an unsolicited approach. I just wondered if responding to a wink was a faux Pas of some sort

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"Sounds like u blocked! Very rude! But as the saying goes none as weird as folk! X

Thanks, looks that way. Someone pointed out that they may have winked by mistake and my response would have appeared like an unsolicited approach. I just wondered if responding to a wink was a faux Pas of some sort "

Even if it was a mistake wink no need to block! If I had done that I would have explained! X

Colchester

"Even if it was a mistake wink no need to block! If I had done that I would have explained! X"

scarborough

"Sounds like u blocked! Very rude! But as the saying goes none as weird as folk! X

Thanks, looks that way. Someone pointed out that they may have winked by mistake and my response would have appeared like an unsolicited approach. I just wondered if responding to a wink was a faux Pas of some sort

Even if it was a mistake wink no need to block! If I had done that I would have explained! X"

Yeah I thought so and I'm sure plenty would have responded but I didnt post to make a big thing out of their actions, they are entitled to respond in whatever way they want, it's just cause I'm new and that was actually the first message I sent on here !! and I wasn't sure if there was some etiquette I had broken. It's all good , we live and learn . Thanks for the responses.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Was the sent message still there?

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

When I'm on my phone I accidentally wink more than I'm going to admit

Whether they've blocked or left doesn't really matter, both are a no thank you response.

Don't worry about how others use the site, send messages that reflect you and work with your inbox

By *ustme1820Woman  over a year ago

Southcoast Gosport

"No body owes you a response when you message them, no reply means not interested. They may have winked accidentally, who knows. If all trace has gone of said profile chances are they’ve deleted their account.

Gosh, give the guy some slack, he has only been on the site a couple of weeks"

at no point was I harsh or rude to the op

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Okay, fair enough. Yes I realise I am not entitled to a reply and I realise some people will be absolutely inundated with replies and couldn't get through them all. Wink by mistake I hadn't thought of so thanks for that. Thanks for replying. As I said I'm new and just trying to get the tone right. Thanks "

People can be very rude on here. Hurtful. There is no need for abandoning basic manners.

But plenty feel it's fine to treat people like dirt.

Good luck, thick skin required!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

If someone deletes their account all messages etc disappear. From what you say this might be what happened.

scarborough

Thanks for all the replies. I've got a better understanding of how it works and that was the point of the post so thanks to all for that

By *wuk007Couple  over a year ago

liverpool

Hi, how do I speak to admin about account being blocked? X

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Hi, how do I speak to admin about account being blocked? X"

https://www.fabswingers.com/contact-us

» Add a new message to this topic