FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > When did Fab start?

When did Fab start?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lowslider OP   Man  over a year ago

Leicester

Good morning, yes stupid question for this time of the morning haha ; I have been on here since 2012 and this question just recently arose in conversation with some friends, who have also been on here for a few years. However, none of us knew the answer. So the question is, 'What year did Fab come into existence?

Thanks.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

I think it was 2006 ?

Leicester

Thanks Sam, though you don't sound certain... haha

Perhaps we will get a more definitive answer soon.

Stay safe.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Can't help with the answer exactly, but I've been on here since 2008, so it was before then.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"Thanks Sam, though you don't sound certain... haha

Perhaps we will get a more definitive answer soon.

Stay safe. "

It's definitely 2006 !!!!

Maybe lol

Leicester

Thanks guys and girls, remind me not to have any of you as 'phone a friend', if I ever get on 'Who wants to be a Millionaire'; not that I would ever consider it...

Anyway, I suspect 2006 is the correct answer, based on the Copyright date below.

I wonder if there anyone still on here, who joined on the day it actually started or even the year it started. So our search should be for the longest serving member who is still on here, for the definite answer, or failing that contact Admin....haha

I have been on here since 2012 and seen some changes, in terms of quality of members ( not that I am complaining, for it is a free site..lol )

I have to be honest, this is the first time I have used the Forum, since I joined, perhaps it will be my last...haha

Stay safe.

By *oopaandchampersCouple  over a year ago

St Johns

We joined 2006... here in Jersey 3 members back then... all nice couples... bit different now.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

I joined in 2006 too, there was a mass exodus from another similar site which had made some foolish policy mistakes and most of us ended up here on Fab.

"We joined 2006... here in Jersey 3 members back then... all nice couples... bit different now."

Yes we were in very early after being on other sites.

Been on and off for a very long time.

As you say things have changed a lot and often for the worse. Far more false profiles and folks who aren’t actually swingers etc.

It’s mainly down to it all being far more in the media now and being widely known about.

By *amantha TSWoman  over a year ago

Swindon

Fabswingers.com was first registered 1st Sep 2006. Whois lookup services are your friends....

By *nlyfun3Woman  over a year ago

NEAR Berkhamsted,Herts

Interesting post. I've been on here over 10 years but can't be exact anymore as no way to find out when I joined x

By *ompip3Couple  over a year ago

Paisley

"I joined in 2006 too, there was a mass exodus from another similar site which had made some foolish policy mistakes and most of us ended up here on Fab. "

Yes, we joined in 2006 too for the same reason. A lot of us all jumpoed ship around the same time! And very glad we did!

By *izcdTV/TS  over a year ago

Wales

I joined in August 2006 most of the members back then were in the USA it was up and running there a few years before it came here

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

I can't remember the first time I joined, but it was probably between 06-08. I found it through a Yahoo group when somebody said they were fab verified. Piqued my curiosity, did a search and found it to be the best site on t'internet. Previously on several other sites, but removed my profile from them over the years. My third incarnation on fab, the only site I now use.

By *heekyflickWoman  over a year ago

LINCOLN

My photo was on here before I was lol...hence how I found it...sorted that problem out straight away

Leicester

Well, we seem to have got our definitive answer: 1st September 2006; I can sleep soundly now.

Thank you nettietv

However, what I did find interesting from few of the posts was the additional comments, particularly recollection of when and why they joined. As for myself, I was on another site prior to joining here too. For the life of me I cannot remember the name, but coincidently, that site began as a result of people having issues with ‘Swinging Heaven’ too. That site is now defunct unfortunately, but it did start me on the road to debauchery ( I was a good Catholic boy up until then ).

And yes, as for this site there has been a lot of changes; as already alluded to...... too many timewasters, fakes, wannabes and other things which I would prefer not to mention. haha

However, I do recall a time when I actually had intelligent, polite exchanges with people on here, even when it did not lead to anything. But I am cool, do not take this site seriously, take most things in strides, and just here to have fun.

Anyway, I would like to suggest that we find the longest serving member and bestow upon them some kind of honorary ( or is it horny ) title, eg. Father/Mother ( or whatever is appropriate depending on gender ) of Fabswingers, as they do in the Houses of Parliament. Perhaps we should contact admin to search for this person or persons. But I have a funny feeling, whoever it is, they would not appreciate the title...haha

» Add a new message to this topic