FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > How does fab deal with plagurism

How does fab deal with plagurism

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We've all seen the threads posted by those seeking advice to improve how they utilise and make the best of fab, and whilst many of us are quite happy to help, I think I speak for most when I say that when we do give that advice, we are not giving permission for those seeking that advice to copy any part of our profiles.

It was a comment on one such thread that drew my attention to a profile which was a blatant copy and paste of my own.

I am wondering what action fab takes in these instances as, having reported the offenfing profile, I have neither received any feedback (not that I would expect to) or have I seen the copied text removed from this profile.

Unfortunately, if fab isn't going to take any action agaist such people and that they are free to copy profiles from others, it eill lead to many of us refraining from offering help and advice in the future

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Report"

As mentioned in my post, I have done

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/07/21 22:24:32]

Plagiarism is literary theft of an author's work. That doesn't just mean book auther. Unfortunately I don't think your situation is plagerism. Just a case of copy and paste.

I would either think well my blurb is so good...

Or ask them to reference you.

I've actually had to reference myself in pieces of work or the plagerism software would hit on it!

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

What is the loss to you OP? . That person is presumably not pretending to be you . Presumably does not have your photos and uses his own . He is hardly likely to be a viable competitor to you in any way.I can understand your irritation however.

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

London (till 19th May)

Dont think in this instance it counts as plagiarism, if they used your photos that is another matter.

The other problem for fab is how do they prove who wrote it first. Profiles are ever changing beasts they could equally accuse you of copying theirs.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

The same thing happened to a friend of mine twice on here. Once his entire profile was used by someone else and the person even tried to claim he didn't use it line for line .It's just a lazy way for people to copy well thought out profiles thinking it will help them get meets. Usually though it is noticed and it back fires and just shows them up as people who cannot be bothered making an effort to write their own bio .It's not a nice thing to happen and I can understand why the op is annoyed over it.

There is absolutely no safeguarding on this site, let alone plagiarism. I have said for a long time now that unfortunately it's up to members to protect themselves. When looking at a profile. Verifications give the first clues. And believe me as a former professional in public protection, then when on mobile, if not switched off, your location can be narrowed down to a specific area. Any individual can message a meet that you may have had, and it's surprising what people disclose. Plagiarism, although annoying, is very much second best to your safety. FAB, should have a dedicated team to monitor members safety, I hate to say this, but my opinion would be that many cases of abuse go unreported on this site. Take the best care of yourselves,and please invest time in your safety.

I've had mine copied before. I took it as a compliment. Meh I've bigger things to concern myself with.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I've had mine copied in it's entirety a few times and they didn't even remove my name from the last paragraph.

I wasn't flattered. I just thought they were lazy bastards and I reported them.

One of them was a regular forum poster who also stole some of my pics and then became abusive when others pulled him on it. He was reported numerous times but continued to post in the forums.

I don't give profile advice anymore because then those profiles are no longer a true reflection of the person seeking advice.

"I've had mine copied in it's entirety a few times and they didn't even remove my name from the last paragraph.

I wasn't flattered. I just thought they were lazy bastards and I reported them.

One of them was a regular forum poster who also stole some of my pics and then became abusive when others pulled him on it. He was reported numerous times but continued to post in the forums.

I don't give profile advice anymore because then those profiles are no longer a true reflection of the person seeking advice. "

I said i was sorry! ( joke)

What's the big deal.

A profile bio is just a series of words. Get over yerselves if you think your bio is so important and nobody should copy it . There's 10s of thousands of members and only so many ways to describe what your like or looking for on a swinger site lol.

As someone said earlier, way more important things in life than a 2 or 3 paragraph bio being copied .

Would you not have mailed the profile yourself OP?

This happened to me & I'd have never known only for they mailed me. They were a couple so of course I said it to them. He said do you want me to remove it & I told him yes.

But for days afterwards it still remained on their profile

So I put up a status about it...not naming said profile but they obvs saw the status because within hrs they removed my bio from their profile

What bothered me about it was I was thinking people would think that I copied them...not the other way round.

"What bothered me about it was I was thinking people would think that I copied them...not the other way round."

I got messaged by someone i know here saying someone's put your pics up on their profile! Gave me the name, so i looked and sure enough they had taken two pics of mine! When I looked through the rest, there was pics that you could see it isn't the same person!

I messaged asking why?!

I reported.

There's no pics on the profile now

But i got angry because.... It takes me forever to take the bloody pics in the first place! I'm sure I've spent 5 min trying to get a nice angle lol

And it may just be a body part but it's my fucking body.

» Add a new message to this topic