Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ovegames42 OP   Man  over a year ago

london

Possibly phishing via WhatsApp

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Possibly phishing via WhatsApp "

Could you please elaborate how or which way because fab and the other site aren't linked

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

If someone is phishing via WhatsApp you'd need to report them to whoever regulates that platform

london

I will try, not sure if there is anything in this matter however I was sent a message from someone on the site.

I responded I then asked if I had WhatsApp as they prefer to make contact through that forum, they sent a friend invite which foolishly accepted and proceeded sent them a message through WhatsApp we chatted briefly and I was sent images from the WhatsApp account

When I re-checked their profile had been hidden which seems strange from when you have just been sent a friend request.

I viewed another profile that had very similar looking images to the one sent to me no faces shown in images on the meets and events page stating that can only talk through WhatsApp which got alarm bells ringing

The images of my account they fabbed had been removed as well, this all feels very much like fraud through deception.

I could be wrong but normally go on my gut instincts, this has not really happened on this forum before so have had to disable what’s app account as people can access your personal details by attaching spyware to images once they have your phone number

london

Attempted fraud, I have taken steps just incase

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I will try, not sure if there is anything in this matter however I was sent a message from someone on the site.

I responded I then asked if I had WhatsApp as they prefer to make contact through that forum, they sent a friend invite which foolishly accepted and proceeded sent them a message through WhatsApp we chatted briefly and I was sent images from the WhatsApp account

When I re-checked their profile had been hidden which seems strange from when you have just been sent a friend request.

I viewed another profile that had very similar looking images to the one sent to me no faces shown in images on the meets and events page stating that can only talk through WhatsApp which got alarm bells ringing

The images of my account they fabbed had been removed as well, this all feels very much like fraud through deception.

I could be wrong but normally go on my gut instincts, this has not really happened on this forum before so have had to disable what’s app account as people can access your personal details by attaching spyware to images once they have your phone number "

Has anything taken place on fab that contravenes the rules?

Newcastle

"I will try, not sure if there is anything in this matter however I was sent a message from someone on the site.

I could be wrong but normally go on my gut instincts, this has not really happened on this forum before so have had to disable what’s app account as people can access your personal details by attaching spyware to images once they have your phone number "

as you've mentioned, once they have your number. But a lot can be achieved with a number if people haven't set up their privacy settings on other platforms. So if you've already given your number to someone on fab they could've past your number to third parties

Newcastle

[Removed by poster at 20/09/22 13:06:03]

london

Thank you for all your advice, may be me being I bit over zealous, Lesson learnt ( note to self do not give our personal details ).

Have a wonderful evening all

» Add a new message to this topic