FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Phoney user

Phoney user

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've been contacted by someone I'm convinced is fake. They seem to be a 22 yr old woman but I'm sure they are not - I've kik'd with her as well. It smells like a scam. Should I report to admin (how?) or just block and ignore.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Plenty of fakes here

By *arkandlovelyWoman  over a year ago

South Derbyshire

What makes you think this?

By *idden Gem69Woman  over a year ago

north lanarkshire

What makes you think this?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

[Removed by poster at 29/10/22 11:30:14]

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Report profiles with suspect or inappropriate behaviour to Admin, with the information that you have. They will investigate and evaluate

By *eeliciouschaosWoman  over a year ago

Wherever

From my own experience, if something feels off, then it most likely is.

Trust your gut.

So how to report to admin? Is 'admin' their username?

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

"So how to report to admin? Is 'admin' their username?"

Go to the persons profile click on menu and select report user. Follow instructions on screen from there.

Thanks - I spoke to a friend of hers that made me even more convinced she's up to no good.

Reported to admin

north lanarkshire

Still havent replied as to why you think they are phoney?.. am nosey and need to know lol

I would reply privately but can't as I'm not allowed to by your preferences, sorry

north lanarkshire

"I would reply privately but can't as I'm not allowed to by your preferences, sorry"

Aw ye canny be that kinda person replying privately.. people need to know haha

"I've been contacted by someone I'm convinced is fake. They seem to be a 22 yr old woman but I'm sure they are not - I've kik'd with her as well. It smells like a scam. Should I report to admin (how?) or just block and ignore."

What do you mean it's a scam? Did you send her money?

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

A 22 year old woman contacted you?

Righto

block if your not sure...

Agreed, block if not sure. I noticed she had a long list of older guys as friends, so my suspicions led me to think she needs checking out, to protect others. I contacted one of the friends who said she would travel to meet him but didn't show up. I don't want to libel her as there's no solid evidence, so can't spell out why I'm suspicious here. But I didn't give her money, no.

By *ennythelength69Man  over a year ago

charlton

"Agreed, block if not sure. I noticed she had a long list of older guys as friends, so my suspicions led me to think she needs checking out, to protect others. I contacted one of the friends who said she would travel to meet him but didn't show up. I don't want to libel her as there's no solid evidence, so can't spell out why I'm suspicious here. But I didn't give her money, no."

What have you been scammed out of?

north lanarkshire

Because she didnt turn up to meet someone doesnt make her a phoney

By *arkandlovelyWoman  over a year ago

South Derbyshire

"Still havent replied as to why you think they are phoney?.. am nosey and need to know lol"

Because she didn't shag him. Lost count of the number of men who've accused me of being "fake" because I didn't want to meet them. Fragile egos I guess.

"Agreed, block if not sure. I noticed she had a long list of older guys as friends, so my suspicions led me to think she needs checking out, to protect others. I contacted one of the friends who said she would travel to meet him but didn't show up. I don't want to libel her as there's no solid evidence, so can't spell out why I'm suspicious here. But I didn't give her money, no."

So having a long list of older guys means she’s up to no good? And very noble of you to take action to protect others

The fact that the photo and the 2 video clips she showed were clearly fake contributed too...

north lanarkshire

"The fact that the photo and the 2 video clips she showed were clearly fake contributed too..."

Did u have proof they were fake?

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

"Agreed, block if not sure. I noticed she had a long list of older guys as friends, so my suspicions led me to think she needs checking out, to protect others. I contacted one of the friends who said she would travel to meet him but didn't show up. I don't want to libel her as there's no solid evidence, so can't spell out why I'm suspicious here. But I didn't give her money, no.

What have you been scammed out of?

"

His dignity?

"The fact that the photo and the 2 video clips she showed were clearly fake contributed too...

Did u have proof they were fake?"

No, of course I didn't have proof they were fake! How could that ever happen? It was extremely obvious, that's all. One of the problems of encountering people on here (and everywhere for that matter) who you think are up no good is that you just have your gutfeel, but no hard evidence. So "she" is still on here, waiting for someone more gullible.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"The fact that the photo and the 2 video clips she showed were clearly fake contributed too...

No, of course I didn't have proof they were fake! How could that ever happen? It was extremely obvious, that's all. One of the problems of encountering people on here (and everywhere for that matter) who you think are up no good is that you just have your gutfeel, but no hard evidence. So "she" is still on here, waiting for someone more gullible."

If you have concerns report the profile. Admin can check it out and if necessary apply the appropriate sanction or verify that the person is genuine.

No, of course I didn't have proof they were fake! How could that ever happen? It was extremely obvious, that's all. One of the problems of encountering people on here (and everywhere for that matter) who you think are up no good is that you just have your gutfeel, but no hard evidence. So "she" is still on here, waiting for someone more gullible.

If you have concerns report the profile. Admin can check it out and if necessary apply the appropriate sanction or verify that the person is genuine. "

Yes, I reported it to admin, but they haven't done anything as of course there's no solid evidence. Goes with the territory, I guess - we just have to be careful

Forum Mod

East Sussex

If you have concerns report the profile. Admin can check it out and if necessary apply the appropriate sanction or verify that the person is genuine.

Yes, I reported it to admin, but they haven't done anything as of course there's no solid evidence. Goes with the territory, I guess - we just have to be careful"

To be fair you won't know if they've done anything. It is possible they issued a warning.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports. ******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above). Every single report sent via the REPORT link is reviewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported. Admin PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day. Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted: -- Your feedback has been saved. A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning. By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******

By *iccaMan  over a year ago

EY Costa

I have reported a few in the past. And it has done no good as their profiles were not removed. The easiest way if you suspect someones profile isn`t all it seems is to block them.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"I noticed she had a long list of older guys as friends, so my suspicions led me to think she needs checking out, to protect others. "

How can I look at someone's friends list please?

"I noticed she had a long list of older guys as friends, so my suspicions led me to think she needs checking out, to protect others.

How can I look at someone's friends list please? "

There's an option for people to show or hide it on their profile. But it can only be viewed on the desktop site if they have their friends list showing.

» Add a new message to this topic