FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Hidden profile but received a wink

Hidden profile but received a wink

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iquid Gold OP   Couple 38 weeks ago

gloucestershire

Can someone please explain how we have managed to receive a wink when we have our profile hidden? It’s been hidden since Monday but we received the wink 8 hours ago.

Sorry but we don’t understand how that can happen and whether our profile actually is hidden or not!

TIA

Mrs

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *illan-KillashMan 38 weeks ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

"Can someone please explain how we have managed to receive a wink when we have our profile hidden? It’s been hidden since Monday but we received the wink 8 hours ago.

Sorry but we don’t understand how that can happen and whether our profile actually is hidden or not!

TIA

Mrs "

Your profile is hidden (i checked), but that doesn't stop the winks, your avatar is still visible, albeit tiny.

gloucestershire

Ahh thank you I see now. I figured if the profile is hidden then people couldn’t make contact via winks/FR/messages. I’ve set the pic to silhouette now which might prevent that happening again. Just to check does that mean we could also potentially receive messages?

Thanks again.

By *ucka39Man 38 weeks ago

Newcastle

Hi op

You can still receive winks as I've just sent one

By *ucka39Man 38 weeks ago

Newcastle

"Ahh thank you I see now. I figured if the profile is hidden then people couldn’t make contact via winks/FR/messages. I’ve set the pic to silhouette now which might prevent that happening again. Just to check does that mean we could also potentially receive messages?

Thanks again. "

Unless you've received messages before and they've not deleted your reply then via that are able to send you a message

gloucestershire

"Ahh thank you I see now. I figured if the profile is hidden then people couldn’t make contact via winks/FR/messages. I’ve set the pic to silhouette now which might prevent that happening again. Just to check does that mean we could also potentially receive messages?

Thanks again.

Unless you've received messages before and they've not deleted your reply then via that are able to send you a message "

Thank you, that was my understanding about messages, I was just a little taken aback by the wink lol.

By *illan-KillashMan 38 weeks ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

Thanks again.

Unless you've received messages before and they've not deleted your reply then via that are able to send you a message

Thank you, that was my understanding about messages, I was just a little taken aback by the wink lol.

"

Set your age filters to 98-99

That'll stop a lot of irritants.

gloucestershire

Thanks again.

Set your age filters to 98-99

That'll stop a lot of irritants. "

That’s not a bad call lol

By (user no longer on site) 38 weeks ago

Thanks again. "

I’ve just clicked on your name and then message and yes, it is possible to message I think.

I’ll try it out.

gloucestershire

I wonder if a mod could possibly advise on this?

We are able to receive messages as well which is slightly worrying as, for us, the whole point of hiding our profile is to be hidden and step away from FAB until we are ready to return. Surely, if we can be contacted then that defeats the object.

Thank you.

By *lan157Man 38 weeks ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

Surely you just ignore messages OP whilst you having your break and bulk delete them on your return unread ?

By *thfloorCouple 37 weeks ago

Hove

"I wonder if a mod could possibly advise on this?

We are able to receive messages as well which is slightly worrying as, for us, the whole point of hiding our profile is to be hidden and step away from FAB until we are ready to return. Surely, if we can be contacted then that defeats the object.

Thank you. "

If you don't want to receive messages use the messaging filters to block everyone.

Hiding a profile takes it off the feeds and search results so people can't browse your profile/content. If you participate in forums users can still access some info about you (profile pic is the obvious one, and if they add you to hotlist that will show your names ages location and title of your profile, and any status updates you may post).

» Add a new message to this topic