FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Sharing old pics / messages from hidden profiles !

Sharing old pics / messages from hidden profiles !

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *itty Kat AB OP   Woman 35 weeks ago

North Somerset

I'm guessing, like me, a lot of people here are sent photos 7+ years old in an intro message. To add fuel to the fire they also have a hidden profile.

Could we not have a filter to prevent hidden profiles messaging in the first place?

I'm not sure that there is a logical answer to stop people sending very old photos through?

Obviously, on a site with so many members you ignore and move on, but I think that guys need to know that some of us don't appreciate messages from hidden profiles with a photo from 2012.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Kx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *bi HaiveMan 35 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Photo age can be deceptive as the date on it will be the upload date, rather than the date any photo was taken. So there's no way to police this at all.

As for blocking hidden profiles? That should be an easy fix, but many people hide themselves periodically, either because life is busy and it helps cut down on incoming messages, because they're taking a break for any length of time or just because they can.

But I get why being contacted by a hidden profile seems odd and pointless. If you're actually making proactive contact then surely letting someone see your 'shop window' can only help? Would make me wonder what they didn't want people to see.......

By *uliette500Woman 35 weeks ago

Hull

All they would do is unhide send the message and hide again, same kind of work round as people with no public pics. They make one public send the message then turn the pic off. It would just be a wasted filter.

By *raishornyMan 35 weeks ago

chippenham

You can block in message filter =

Not verified  or  (can mail you) Block them

Newbies  (can mail you) Block them

No public photos on profile (can mail you) Block them

Not a site supporter  (can mail you) Block them

By (user no longer on site) 35 weeks ago

"I'm guessing, like me, a lot of people here are sent photos 7+ years old in an intro message. To add fuel to the fire they also have a hidden profile.

Could we not have a filter to prevent hidden profiles messaging in the first place?

I'm not sure that there is a logical answer to stop people sending very old photos through?

Obviously, on a site with so many members you ignore and move on, but I think that guys need to know that some of us don't appreciate messages from hidden profiles with a photo from 2012.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Kx"

Totally agree that something nreds to be done.

Admin could delete photos anything older than 3 years ago. I too not wish to see photos dating back to 2008.

Also profiles that are silhoutted need to be on my filter.

Also filter cock pics only too admin

Thanks

By *raishornyMan 35 weeks ago

chippenham

whats to stop anybody deleting a pic from 2015, then uploading back on profile as a 2023 pic, bit too hard to police pics, just look at date thats on them, nothing wrong with pics from 2008 as long as you know there from 2008

By (user no longer on site) 35 weeks ago

I cannot understand why anyone would message from a hidden profile.

As soon as I realise it’s hidden I delete and block.

What is the point?

» Add a new message to this topic