FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Blocked..

Blocked..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We blocked someone last week and just seen that person has just looked at us,does that mean that he can see our profile?

He is definatly blocked by us as ive just tried to look at his and says on left hand side that he's blocked.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

His "Looked at me" page will now show you, even though you've seen no content.

Make sense?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Yeah it does and thanks x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I was told by another member that even though you block a person they can somehow unblock themselves ... now I dont know if thats true .. does anyone know? xx

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"I was told by another member that even though you block a person they can somehow unblock themselves ... now I dont know if thats true .. does anyone know? xx "

This is not true. There was a bug that meant if you did certain things (blocked, then unblocked the blocker) the block would be removed. But this was fixed in around Jan this year as soon as we became aware of it.

Admin x

"I was told by another member that even though you block a person they can somehow unblock themselves ... now I dont know if thats true .. does anyone know? xx

This is not true. There was a bug that meant if you did certain things (blocked, then unblocked the blocker) the block would be removed. But this was fixed in around Jan this year as soon as we became aware of it.

Admin x"

THank you for clearing that matter up .. x

on a simular subject if u have someone on block andthey are using the chatroom at the same time as u are they able to see ur conversations with other people or is our side of conversation blocked from them viewing like cam? only ask as have had an incident of being told via another party that someone on our blocklist told them they had been seeing our discussions all night? would appriciate if someone could help clear up our confussion please! thanks. xxx

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"on a simular subject if u have someone on block andthey are using the chatroom at the same time as u are they able to see ur conversations with other people or is our side of conversation blocked from them viewing like cam? only ask as have had an incident of being told via another party that someone on our blocklist told them they had been seeing our discussions all night? would appriciate if someone could help clear up our confussion please! thanks. xxx"

If you have blocked them you can't see what they are typing in the chatroom but they can still see what you type.

They need to have blocked you for them not to be able to see what you type.

u sure about this? if this is true it seems rather silly to set the system up so that even if u got someone blocked and don't want them knowing ur buisness that as long as they don't block u they can still be nosey and listen in(as it were)! i know chatrooms are for everyone but surely if i've blocked them and am not allowed to see thier side of convo due to this then u would naturally expect the same to apply to them seeing our side too??? else what on earth is the point of blocking them???? is this an unreasonable expectation?????

Tayside

"u sure about this? if this is true it seems rather silly to set the system up so that even if u got someone blocked and don't want them knowing ur buisness that as long as they don't block u they can still be nosey and listen in(as it were)! i know chatrooms are for everyone but surely if i've blocked them and am not allowed to see thier side of convo due to this then u would naturally expect the same to apply to them seeing our side too??? else what on earth is the point of blocking them???? is this an unreasonable expectation?????"

That's the way it works in the old rooms anyway but don't use the new ones so it might have been changed for them.

I have been blocked by other single males (must be incase I see them on cam by accident and they think I want them lol) but seeing as I have nobody in my block list I can still see what they type. Sometimes though it's so bad I wish I couldn't see it!

thanks for the info hun,totally shocked to find this out as seems like a rather stupid system as normally it's the person doing the blocking who wants to avoid the person they blocked and this seems to suggest the other way round! we have good reason for the block, we used to just leave the room if they entered b4 but decided we were being silly cos assumed that block meant block!!!!!!!!!!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

But you are avoiding the person, you can't see what they are saying. They may not want to block you.

yes but the whole point of avoiding someone is not wanting them to know our buisness, not exactly fair for us to have to whisper to everyone in the chatroom to stop the person reading our messages! it's hard to explain our reasons as don't believe in putting people down or talking about them behind their backs just feel if u got someone on block regardless of if they blocked u it should be them who can't see the messages not us else there's absolutly no point blocking them in 1st place!!!

They need to have blocked you for them not to be able to see what you type.

i have been blocked by one screen for months and months, i have not blocked them I dont see what they say at all, but if they have blocked me do they see what i say

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Isn't chat by its very nature quite open and public?

They can also see your forum posts...how do you feel about that?

well i must admit i have not got anyone blocked, i just know this couple got me blocked cos their name comes up in red in the side of the room and can nver see what they say but hey thats life innit

Tayside

"well i must admit i have not got anyone blocked, i just know this couple got me blocked cos their name comes up in red in the side of the room and can nver see what they say but hey thats life innit "

If you haven't blocked them then you should be able to see what they type, it works the opposite way to what you think.

They can't see what you type if they block you, they maybe just don't say anything in the room.

but why should i have to leave chat room when chatting to my friends so i don't really want them seeing my chats, it not that they done anything wrong more that they just a bit too close to home. have left the room manys times b4 so it wouldn't be an issue but found doing it that way they always seem to sign in at same time, it wasn't an issue till recently as the person had us on block too for exact reason we got them on block but for some reason recently keeps periodically unblocking us b4 going in chatroom then blocking us again.

i don't have a problem with them seeing this post in the forum as it's not naming names and at no point have i said anything nasty or impoilite about them other than i think the way block works is daft!

By *erwhowerCouple  over a year ago

Perthshire

Ourselves and another couple have not blocked each other but for some reason we are both blocked and we dont show on each others blocked list either... anyone had this prob? x

I cant say iv had that problem as yet but then maybe I have and havnt realised .. have you mailed admin about this and if so what have they said or am I guessing they havnt got back to you xxxx

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

just a thought ...even if people you bloked werent able to see ur conversation in chat ,it still wont garentee stopping them "finding out your business". other people in chat may replie in room or chat outside the room . only way to minimise chances of information getting out is to whisper and choosey who you discuss things with carefully . there is no garentee here and i just wonder if theres stuff u obviously dont want the blocked person to find out why youd type it for any and every site member in chat to view ??

some have room opened twice with two different names, it a bit difficult but it can be done, so one name maybe dont chat just types .. now and then perves at cams without being blocked that way they can see your cam

ah right thanks for that kitten hun, ur a fountain of knowledge! lol!

it's not a cass of hiding very personal things as obviously we do use whisps for that or pm it, more that we'd rather that if someone asks us about meeting up or what we been upto just in general we'd prefere this particular person didn't see our responses. this person got round the block we had on them last time we were both in the chatroom together by asking mutual friends in the room to pass on messages which i thought it clearly states too that ur not to try to message those who have u on block whiler in room....or am i mistaken on that? xx

i was ban but dont know how long for can anyone tell me plz how long it lasts xx

By *erwhowerCouple  over a year ago

Perthshire

"I cant say iv had that problem as yet but then maybe I have and havnt realised .. have you mailed admin about this and if so what have they said or am I guessing they havnt got back to you xxxx"

Admin sorted problem the very next day

» Add a new message to this topic