FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Reverse picture search

Reverse picture search

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Someone has told me that if any of the pics I use on here (even private ones) were ever posted on my Facebook account someone could use them to trace my Facebook, get my full name etc, the names of my friends....is that true anyone?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Can't imagine how that could be done unless they knew who you were in the first place?

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"Someone has told me that if any of the pics I use on here (even private ones) were ever posted on my Facebook account someone could use them to trace my Facebook, get my full name etc, the names of my friends....is that true anyone? "

If you post pictures on here and someone does a image search eg google it will show where else the same pic is posted on the internet.

If you have that pic on Facebook then it will come up on the search and if they then log on to Facebook themselves they will be able to see anything that you have in public on that site (or any other site where that same picture pops up).

This is one reason why some people are very careful about what pics they post on this site, as per the discussion on your other thread...

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

PS pictures that you have in your private gallery wont show up - but once you send that pic to someone it is no longer in your possession and they can then do a reverse image search on it once you have sent it to them.

By *an and wifeyCouple  over a year ago

n lincs

Can any one explain in lamens terms exactly how to do this on iPhone 4. I've not got a frickin clue lol but would like to try. Not that we have the same pics on here as Facebook ha ha but to make sure no body is using our pics lol

Thanks in advance guys

The Tineye plugin for Chrom lets you Right Click on any image and see if its been indexed anywhere else on the web by Tineye (very handy if you suspect a profile is fake as many times you will get the same pic come up multiple times).

Google Image Search lets you search for visually similair pics.

So the answer to the question is "potentially yes"

Suggest you drop into Provacy Settings here and make sure there's a rd cross against the search engine option as a precaution. There's a similair setting hiding away on FB somewhere as well

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

A good reason not to show face pics I guess

By *unterslickCouple  over a year ago

tullamore

any pics I have on here would no way be on facebook lol, maybe facepics, but as we haven't uploaded new pics here in an age id say we are safe lol

n lincs

tried tineye, think i did it right lol nothing popped up thank god ha ha

Actually it depends on your privacy settings.

If you search an image, it may not come up if the site it is on, requires a log in.

For example only the display pic from my Mrs will come up on from Facebook.

Fetbook & other sites requiring a log in will not come up even with a reverse image search

n lincs

Will check it out again later lol cheers

All down to the tags on pics when they are taken. There is software that will strip out date time location coordinates from your pics then you can upload them.

Always best to do that when uploading pics to any internet sites as there's some not so nice people about that would exploit the data embedded

Xx

» Add a new message to this topic