FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > site showing its age

site showing its age

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andybloke OP   Man  over a year ago

birmingham

when are you going to update the site give it a modern feel...then messaging is more up to date, you can add vidoes, chat is better, browse is more modern etc etc?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What?

No! It's fine as it is, why fix it if it's ain't broke?

The body type options r limited, I'm large muscular & there's nothing on there to describe me?

It's good as it is and it's free....why would they

need to update something that's fine as it is

It is looking a little dated

"It's good as it is and it's free....why would they

"

It's not free if your a site supporter

"The body type options r limited, I'm large muscular & there's nothing on there to describe me?"

Surely you should be listing yourself as 'Fabulous"...?

It's not free if your a site supporter "

Yes but that's if you choose to be a site supporter. You still get so much free x

It's not free if your a site supporter "

it's not expensive however do agree the ability to upload videos would be nice

"The body type options r limited, I'm large muscular & there's nothing on there to describe me?"

Why not put up some pics of yourself then?

The site needs to evolve, it it doesn't evolve it dies out. That's just Darwinism for you

"The site needs to evolve, it it doesn't evolve it dies out. That's just Darwinism for you "

with so many men desperate for sex the site will never die out

Why would a man describe himself as fabulous? What is wrong with having more terms to describe yourself? and having pics on a profile is a personal choice,and whilst on the subject of size whatever you choose make sure it fits and your not lying to yourself and everyone else.

"Why would a man describe himself as fabulous? What is wrong with having more terms to describe yourself? and having pics on a profile is a personal choice,and whilst on the subject of size whatever you choose make sure it fits and your not lying to yourself and everyone else."

But sweetie I am fabulous ..... Shit did I just burst out a closet there

Think im would be good quicker than messaging

its a free site too manyupdates we have to pay then it wont be free mind you that might be a good thing

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Do people actually look at the small print? I thought they went straight for the pics, with maybe a cursory glance at the profile on the way down.

If you need to explain your body type, maybe do it in the profile text, or have a picture up. As for the site, its been going a fair few years and doesn't seem to have been supplanted yet. There are plenty of competing sites out there but they all cost an arm and a leg to even view your messages. OK, so site supporters pay for extra features, but that's because we choose to pay, not because we are made to pay.

"Do people actually look at the small print? I thought they went straight for the pics, with maybe a cursory glance at the profile on the way down.

If you need to explain your body type, maybe do it in the profile text, or have a picture up. As for the site, its been going a fair few years and doesn't seem to have been supplanted yet. There are plenty of competing sites out there but they all cost an arm and a leg to even view your messages. OK, so site supporters pay for extra features, but that's because we choose to pay, not because we are made to pay."

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

"when are you going to update the site give it a modern feel...then messaging is more up to date, you can add vidoes, chat is better, browse is more modern etc etc?"

Modern feel? I'd say send your suggestions (with samples) to admin, otherwise that could be seen as "vague".

Messaging more upto date: not sure what's missing, seems fine to me (for a free site).

As for chat, it only got updated a couple of years back (or a tad over that) from the old "userplane" chat system.

Search being better, sure, can be done.. just needs to define the missing criteria and it becomes a matter for admin to see if its easier to add, or rebuild. Whichever is more cost effective.

As for videos: will simply NOT happen for a free site. You have to factor in:

Number of videos allowed per user

total number of videos that can be stored

Encoding format of the videos

File size of each video

Duration of each video

Quality of each video (standard? HD?)

Streaming bandwidth of each video.

Monitoring policy of content of each video (make sure no kids,.. etc)

Who's gonna sit there and review each video for all the above?

See why that part can't be done on free? Want videos so much? Then the site will no longer be free (am not counting the voluntary site supporter).

Yeah, in an ideal world everything will be new and shiny, but in an ideal world money is no object

By *irdisthewordMan  over a year ago

Uk

Do not think it need changing or updating although the option for videos is a good idea

By *iggerooooCouple  over a year ago

Conwy

Uploading videos would be bad for the site.

Plus they would need a huge server upgrade which would then impact on membership costs (for those who support the site)

Plenty of sites for vids if you want them

SHOWING OUR FAB SUPPORT

The Owners and Moderators work hard and the owners have made this site for all the swingers to enjoy!!!

We wouldn't like see any changes MAYBE WE ARE JUST GETTING OLD LIKE FAB!!! keep it how it is our opinion.

It's prefect !!!

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

Definitely thing the general design of the site needs a more modern feel and keep the site looking fresh and interesting.

On the features front, would like the galleries to be javascript based, so one you look at one pic, you can flick back and forth through the gallery. Instead of the look at one pics at a time approach..very old school!!!

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

" SHOWING OUR FAB SUPPORT

The Owners and Moderators work hard and the owners have made this site for all the swingers to enjoy!!!

We wouldn't like see any changes MAYBE WE ARE JUST GETTING OLD LIKE FAB!!! keep it how it is our opinion.

It's prefect !!!"

Nothing is perfect always room for improvement, massive sites like Facebook etc, are continually developing the site, both in look and features.

You always need to keep users interested and engaged or they'll move to something else..need proof ask MySpace, friends reunited, there are lots of major website that didn't keep up with the times!!!

Even changing the colours adding 3d buttons etc no need for major changes as it works well just looks dated

"Do people actually look at the small print? I thought they went straight for the pics, with maybe a cursory glance at the profile on the way down.

If you need to explain your body type, maybe do it in the profile text, or have a picture up. As for the site, its been going a fair few years and doesn't seem to have been supplanted yet. There are plenty of competing sites out there but they all cost an arm and a leg to even view your messages. OK, so site supporters pay for extra features, but that's because we choose to pay, not because we are made to pay."

By *od!Man  over a year ago

Coventry

Personally I think the site needs an overhaul for example chat room could be simplified and pms made easier the ability for friends to comment on each other's pics etc rather than the generic fab them (would make people think about what they're posting more ) also meet requests could do with more detail to save the boredom of trawling unwanted mail ... Perhaps a spam box for ladies where they can pic who they want mail from save them being disillusioned by the hundreds of one line inbox messages etc ... And tbf there's enough people on fab that would help for a lifetime gold membership or other incentives

» Add a new message to this topic