FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Problems with EE mobile network blocking access to Fab

Problems with EE mobile network blocking access to Fab

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *agpieman90 OP   Man  over a year ago

Gateshead

Hi everyone. Sorry if this has been a topic before..I did a search but couldn't find anything.

Is anyone on the EE mobile network having issues with the EE content block when trying to access the Fab site? I have the content block set to off in settings but when on mobile date (not wi-fi) it often blocks the site.

Just wondered if this was a common thing and if so, any solutions?? Very frustrating when mid-arranging meet and the site gets blocked. Happens mid session a lot!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Hi everyone. Sorry if this has been a topic before..I did a search but couldn't find anything.

Is anyone on the EE mobile network having issues with the EE content block when trying to access the Fab site? I have the content block set to off in settings but when on mobile date (not wi-fi) it often blocks the site.

Just wondered if this was a common thing and if so, any solutions?? Very frustrating when mid-arranging meet and the site gets blocked. Happens mid session a lot! "

Mine has been fine since I changed the setting but I had to phone them and get them to do it, it ignored the change on the website.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Hi everyone. Sorry if this has been a topic before..I did a search but couldn't find anything.

Just wondered if this was a common thing and if so, any solutions?? Very frustrating when mid-arranging meet and the site gets blocked. Happens mid session a lot! "

Yep it's common and annoying!

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

It's happened once to me.

Gateshead

It is VERY annoying! Lol. Will maybe try calling them as recommended.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I tend to get it in low signal areas but it usually sorts itself out after a reboot

Download mini opera app it has no restrictions

"I tend to get it in low signal areas but it usually sorts itself out after a reboot "

reboot phone.

I had to call them to prove I was over 18 even though you can only have a contract if you're over 18. Go figure!

By *ouncingBiscuitsWoman  over a year ago

toy town, Glasgow

Yip happens to me now and again but if i turn my phone off then on again it comes back on

i got EE and it's shit for call's and not good for text's as for going on the net it's good , will not be renewing with them

"I tend to get it in low signal areas but it usually sorts itself out after a reboot "

This was when I had the problem and what resolved it.

"I had to call them to prove I was over 18 even though you can only have a contract if you're over 18. Go figure! "

Parents take out contracts for 'phones for their kids though. It could have been a child using the 'phone and trying to use adult sites.

By *LFB.Woman  over a year ago

Farnborough.

Or go into t-mobile/ee and ask them to remove content lock

You can ring them on 150 and ask them to take the safe guard off

I went into a ee shop and git them to remove the content lock on mine

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

It's a nightmare mine goes all the time...I've entered credit card details and that was accepted yet it still goes...lol

Gateshead

Cheers again everyone. Can happen to me when signal is strong and I turn on/off multiple times and still no luck. A call to them is the plan! Who knows, it might be a fellow fab who answers..lol

It happens to me all the time very annoying??

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

yes.... depending on what smartphone you have the best way around it is to clear the browser history and cookies.... turn off the phone for a minute.... and then it should reset itself

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"Cheers again everyone. Can happen to me when signal is strong and I turn on/off multiple times and still no luck. A call to them is the plan! Who knows, it might be a fellow fab who answers..lol"

The whole world ain't on fab you know

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"It's a nightmare mine goes all the time...I've entered credit card details and that was accepted yet it still goes...lol "

Same here, plus phone calls. Every now and then it still blocks me!

By *outh Wales HotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Hobbiton

This happened to me. Use Opera mini instead of Google etc This will solve your problem.

We get it all the time on both our iPhones on ee we have rang them ever time and they reset the settings and remove content lock and low and be hold it still does it. Even had a message today to say you need to top up data and I'm on unlimited data. EE are crap and won't be renewing with them this time after 12yrs on orange/ee

By *eaven and Hell 69Couple  over a year ago

HULL

I am on EE never had any problems!

By *outh Wales HotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Hobbiton

Use Opera mini as your browser bypasses the lock on EE. Guy at EE told me about it

"Cheers again everyone. Can happen to me when signal is strong and I turn on/off multiple times and still no luck. A call to them is the plan! Who knows, it might be a fellow fab who answers..lol

The whole world ain't on fab you know "

Bloody shame.

Baggsie Philip Winchester!

By *amaraBeaverbankWoman  over a year ago

Benidorm Spain

Its a pain in the arse. I get it all the time as well.

I've called them several times, spoken with them online and its a known issue. They seem to be in no hurry to fix it either

EE are a bloody joke of a network and not a patch on orange customer service.

Sucks

By *not69Man  over a year ago

Burnley

I get it once or twice a day. So annoying. Going to try opera mini but doubt it will be able to get round content block as all internet requests have to go through servers no matter what browser is used

Yeah!! So, it's not just me then. Happens all the time. Especially when i stop using my wifi and am outside.

Hmmm.

Happens to me all the time on EE, I've found as others have said a quick reboot usually fixes the issue. It's usually preceded by a message saying mobile settings have changed. When you call them just say it's blocking adult content, you don't need to tell them the specific site.

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

Just wondered if this was a common thing and if so, any solutions?? Very frustrating when mid-arranging meet and the site gets blocked. Happens mid session a lot!

Yep it's common and annoying! "

I am on 3 and get asked for proof of age when trying to get on fab but if I type in m.fabswingers.com I get on straight away.....same for fabguys......

Continuously happens to me phone off and back on and it works again. Reported it to ee and tjey say they have had the problem for the last 6 months

By *not69Man  over a year ago

Burnley

"I get it once or twice a day. So annoying. Going to try opera mini but doubt it will be able to get round content block as all internet requests have to go through servers no matter what browser is used "

OK it's just happened to me again. chrome and Firefox both show the ee content blocked page, opera mini still works and I can browse fab without s problem. must admit I am a quite surprised about this and not afraid to say... I was wrong

» Add a new message to this topic