FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Question for admin?

Question for admin?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Will we ever be able to post a video on here as well as pictures?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nope

How to report a member on here

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

From their profile. If they have blocked you there will still be a blue report button to the left of the profile or you can report them from a message that was received.

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

"Will we ever be able to post a video on here as well as pictures?"

The problem - When you upload pics on here admin(and pic moderators) look at the image and check your in in pic and anybody else is not identifiable, so tattoos/faces etc are blanked out.

Question - how do you do that for a video?

This question has been asked several times, cannot remember when admin last answered the question, so perhaps that's a NO!

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

The videos question has been raised frequently. Admin did answer

"By sj_mark Couple (MF) over a year ago

At some point video will come to Fabswingers. But realistically, probably not in the near-term.

Admin x"

Realistically, I can't see how the site could afford to do it, both from a bandwidth/storage cost point of view and from a moderation point of view. A still pic might take a few secs for a Mod to check for compliance, a 10 min video would take at least 10 mins!

Maybe Admin could allow the posting of links to videos in profile text, unless they'd be held legally accountable for hosting a link to an illegal video?

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

"The videos question has been raised frequently. Admin did answer

"

That's what we said! We didn't say they didn't answer, we said we couldn't remember last time they answered!

We also see the issue around moderation etc..a technical point from the poster, more than the moderator!

An image is easy to hide someone identity, blank out, smudge etc.....but how do you do this with a moving image? I'm sure there's some fancy video software out there but is 'Joe Average' going to have it?

I while I agree that the bandwidth charges would be an issue, storage is cheap so less of an issue.

By *andyblokeMan  over a year ago

birmingham

That's what we said! We didn't say they didn't answer, we said we couldn't remember last time they answered!

We also see the issue around moderation etc..a technical point from the poster, more than the moderator!

An image is easy to hide someone identity, blank out, smudge etc.....but how do you do this with a moving image? I'm sure there's some fancy video software out there but is 'Joe Average' going to have it?

I while I agree that the bandwidth charges would be an issue, storage is cheap so less of an issue."

but one slight flaw in this, the site isn't free too many many ,members they pay a fee! so where does all that cash go???

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

but one slight flaw in this, the site isn't free too many many ,members they pay a fee! so where does all that cash go???"

Someone has to pay for the running of the site so I am guessing it helps do that. The site is free to anyone who wishes to use it for free....paying is not compulsory.

Is there any point asking anything about this site as it seems admin dont answer anyway?

By *ecretsRmineWoman  over a year ago

gatwickish (yes that means near Gatwick)

"Will we ever be able to post a video on here as well as pictures?

The problem - When you upload pics on here admin(and pic moderators) look at the image and check your in in pic and anybody else is not identifiable, so tattoos/faces etc are blanked out.

Question - how do you do that for a video?

This question has been asked several times, cannot remember when admin last answered the question, so perhaps that's a NO!"

true but i have seen a increase in pics that are just text etc lately so theres obviously som pic mod letting them through

I while I agree that the bandwidth charges would be an issue, storage is cheap so less of an issue."

If you have a look at the rest of the comment you quoted you would have seen a quote from SJ Mark the Admin on the site

» Add a new message to this topic