FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Distance / Fake Profiles

Distance / Fake Profiles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

When viewing the "distance" section on someones profile you get two results. One is based on their postcode and yours. The second is supposed to be how far away you both are based on GPS.

Does this still work if the other person is not on the mobile site?

Reason I ask is that I have been talking to someone for a few days who is new and not verified. They are not shown as being on the mobile site but GPS suggests they are near me.

I like to be stimulated by the mind as well as looks so I don't avoid profiles which are not verified or without photos. I have met people in the past on here with similar profiles who were very much genuine.

Something happened yesterday which makes me think it may actually be a fake profile set up by my ex. She has her own real profile on here which I blocked as she was not happy with the break-up and kept being childish.

Any thoughts, suggestions or advice?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think you'll find it is to do Mobile phones

a little symbol tells you if someone is logged on by pc or mobile phone

Thats what I thought. If the GPS data is correct then I don't think it is my ex. But the profile is not showing the mobile icon which makes me think the GPS may not be correct??

"Thats what I thought. If the GPS data is correct then I don't think it is my ex. But the profile is not showing the mobile icon which makes me think the GPS may not be correct??"

Distance also depends if someone honest with the post code

not sure about GPS stuff

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Not everyone opts into the 'who's near' gps stuff.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

If you suspect your ex is setting up new profiles to message you set your filters so newbies can't contact you.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Not a clue, but no harm in reporting anything you think is fake as Admin will always check them out

Thanks for the advice guys. I feel stupid blocking newbies especially considering I am unverified myself this time around. I could be running the risk of losing a potential meet with someone real if I am wrong.

How long do you give it before talking turns into a social meet or a lady feels 'comfortable' enough to prove herself real via cam/photo?

Next time you talk to them drop into the conversation that you see they are closer than the postcode mileage, and you wish they had said they were coming to the area as you could of met for coffee, see what they say

Already tried that. The response actually made me think it's a genuine person as they know the area & my ex wouldn't. May be meeting this person in next few days so I guess I'll find out one way or another.