FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > What is not allowed in private messages?

What is not allowed in private messages?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ill4cher OP   Man  over a year ago

Bristol

It seems web links are not allowed in private messages, as fabs zapped links in ours. That's a bit frustrating because you dont know until the message has been sent, shame there is no preview like on here so we can see what we've done wrong before its sent.

But what about email addy or phone numbers? Will these be zapped too?

Is there a help section somewhere, have looked but can't see one?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We have emailed and received emails with phone numbers on so think thats allowed but think email addy are not allowed x

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Unsolicited email addresses/web links will be blocked or hidden, it's part of our anti-spam measures.

Once you've been in touch with someone you can swap links and email addresses fine.

This is just to protect our users from spam.

Some contact that has a history of spam is blocked i.e. the message won't be sent. If this happens it will be obvious.

Admin

Just dont attach them in a first message to someone and they should be fine.

By *ill4cher OP   Man  over a year ago

Bristol

"Unsolicited email addresses/web links will be blocked or hidden, it's part of our anti-spam measures.

Once you've been in touch with someone you can swap links and email addresses fine.

This is just to protect our users from spam.

Some contact that has a history of spam is blocked i.e. the message won't be sent. If this happens it will be obvious.

Admin"

Can you clarify what you mean by "been in touch with someone"? I can understand that one must not send these things out of the blue to people, but if someone writes to me asking for my addy, phone, or website can I give it in my first reply (its not unsolicited if they ask for it is it?), or do I have to reply once without the info and wait till they ask again then send it, or what?

What if I ask someone for their addy etc, can they give it to me?

Second point is, can you instal preview in pm's so I can tell whether or not anything is getting blocked other than by actually sending it and checking what ends up in my sent box? Been caught like that already and felt a fool for asking them to write to me at "[address deleted]"!!

Thanks

Perhaps a warning about links in messages near the message text pane may do the trick.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Can you clarify what you mean by "been in touch with someone"? I can understand that one must not send these things out of the blue to people, but if someone writes to me asking for my addy, phone, or website can I give it in my first reply (its not unsolicited if they ask for it is it?), or do I have to reply once without the info and wait till they ask again then send it, or what?

What if I ask someone for their addy etc, can they give it to me?

Second point is, can you instal preview in pm's so I can tell whether or not anything is getting blocked other than by actually sending it and checking what ends up in my sent box? Been caught like that already and felt a fool for asking them to write to me at "[address deleted]"!!

Thanks"

You mail someone for the first time = links/emails will be wiped (since this is a hallmark of spammers)

Someone mails you and you reply = links/emails will not be blocked.

Admin

Being resonably new, I have tried to discover how to PM someone (after asking them 1st, of course), but going through the forums I am no closer to an answer. Please an you help??

Simon

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Do you mean in chat or mail someone?

» Add a new message to this topic