FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Abusive Messages

Abusive Messages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Speaking hypothetically, if an abusive PM is received in response to a forum post and it is reported to admin do the forum mods become aware of it?

Surely if abuse on the forums results in a timeout then it's only fair abuse by PM when clearly linked to the forum should also result in a timeout?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is it wise for moderators to be able to see our private messages?

"Is it wise for moderators to be able to see our private messages?"

I may be wrong but I think that is exactly what they do. Did you really think they were private?

"Speaking hypothetically, if an abusive PM is received in response to a forum post and it is reported to admin do the forum mods become aware of it?

Surely if abuse on the forums results in a timeout then it's only fair abuse by PM when clearly linked to the forum should also result in a timeout?"

its a good question

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

What goes on in our mailboxes has nothing to do with forum time outs or forum mods. You will only get a ban for something you type on the forum itself.

If you report an abusive PM the only people who can check that is Admin who will then decide what to do with it, but it wont include a forum time out for the reasons above.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Is it wise for moderators to be able to see our private messages?

I may be wrong but I think that is exactly what they do. Did you really think they were private?"

Mods don't see peoples mailboxes...only Admin can see them but they only check them if someone has been reported.

"Is it wise for moderators to be able to see our private messages?

I may be wrong but I think that is exactly what they do. Did you really think they were private?

Mods don't see peoples mailboxes...only Admin can see them but they only check them if someone has been reported. "

That's what I hoped was the case

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

in the interest of transparency, they may be able to if they do an admin role as well as mod

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Speaking hypothetically, if an abusive PM is received "

I know you say hypotheticaly...but as a PS from me, anyone who does get abusive mails don't forget to report

» Add a new message to this topic