FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Blocks not really a block

Blocks not really a block

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

For quite a while now?? I have had on block an ex but yet despite reporting numerous times the member can still see my statuses etc via basic search sadly and I know admin must get tons of stuff to deal with but is causing me aggro big time as the ex finds ways of contacting me giving grief over my statuses esp relating to my meets etc.

Surely a block should be full block as sick of reporting this and nothing being done apologies for the whinge but its beyond a joke now.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Perhaps your Ex has a profile you don't know about?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"For quite a while now?? I have had on block an ex but yet despite reporting numerous times the member can still see my statuses etc via basic search sadly and I know admin must get tons of stuff to deal with but is causing me aggro big time as the ex finds ways of contacting me giving grief over my statuses esp relating to my meets etc.

Surely a block should be full block as sick of reporting this and nothing being done apologies for the whinge but its beyond a joke now."

I've had exactly the same situation I've just had to stop putting any statuses up

"Perhaps your Ex has a profile you don't know about?"

Probably but you can actually check on someone you blocked or who blocked you if you use basic search and know their age.

Its question of blocks dont mean total block.

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

I'm sure admin can put a complete block between profiles?

"For quite a while now?? I have had on block an ex but yet despite reporting numerous times the member can still see my statuses etc via basic search sadly and I know admin must get tons of stuff to deal with but is causing me aggro big time as the ex finds ways of contacting me giving grief over my statuses esp relating to my meets etc.

Surely a block should be full block as sick of reporting this and nothing being done apologies for the whinge but its beyond a joke now.

I've had exactly the same situation I've just had to stop putting any statuses up "

I understand why you stopped putting statuses up you should not have to because if someone is blocked they cannot contact you in say chatroom etc so just do not understand why sane is not applied to basic search.

I will continue putting up statuses but should not have to be worrying if the psycho is going to kick off again.

I agree, a block should be a total block including forums threads, the old "disjointed" thread doesn't bother me, a conversation is disjointed in chat room when block someone but caused no issues, so don't see why be any different not seeing s blocked persons forum posts.

A block should be just that, a total block

"I agree, a block should be a total block including forums threads, the old "disjointed" thread doesn't bother me, a conversation is disjointed in chat room when block someone but caused no issues, so don't see why be any different not seeing s blocked persons forum posts.

A block should be just that, a total block "

Yet the issue contibues unabated I get comments re some statuses from someone via texts whom I cannot name and shame yet the person although blocked can see my status via basic serach it makes a mockery of the site and process and does not protect the members from unwanted intrusion as people are blocked for a reason. I have messaged admin numerous times on this issue and nowt happened if it cannot be done for technical reasons then information confirming this would be good.

Not having a go at admin far from it but they are only ones we can contact.

They may have a profile you don't know about. Or many profiles.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

As others have said, blocks aren't infallible, someone can just register a free account and look at your profile and you wouldn't know.

Admin x

True, but a total block on a profile would help, why should I or anyone else have to see another person that we have blocked anywhere on the site, including forums, search facility etc

"True, but a total block on a profile would help, why should I or anyone else have to see another person that we have blocked anywhere on the site, including forums, search facility etc"

How do you cope with people you don't like in real life? Who baby sits you there?

By *oldenknobMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Why dont u contact the people who matter to you and let them know that u are going to change ur user name .and he cant abuse u then .!! My daughter had an idiot who did this and we just changed her number and made sure that only close friends got her new number !!!

Why should I or anyone else have to change number etc because of idiots my family and friends will wonder why and this part of my life does and will remain private.

The contact is made 9 times out of ten on back if a status. Again why should I alter what I do on site.

Fab blocks could and should be complete. In addition to this why change username if the person knows your age then by basic search can figure it out so pointless excercise.

Simple solution if owners or whoever runs the site made it total block problem solved.

I cannot see how and why it cannot be done if its an issue with basic search then it should only be advanced search.

I am in no way criticising owners or admin as they are generally on the ball but feel this should be fixed.

"Why should I or anyone else have to change number etc because of idiots my family and friends will wonder why and this part of my life does and will remain private.

The contact is made 9 times out of ten on back if a status. Again why should I alter what I do on site.

Fab blocks could and should be complete. In addition to this why change username if the person knows your age then by basic search can figure it out so pointless excercise.

Simple solution if owners or whoever runs the site made it total block problem solved.

I cannot see how and why it cannot be done if its an issue with basic search then it should only be advanced search.

I am in no way criticising owners or admin as they are generally on the ball but feel this should be fixed."

Complete block fine..... but all they have to do is make a new profile and you won't know. They can then view your entire profile.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

I may be reading this wrong, but the issue appears to be unwanted text messages.

If so, a block on reading your status updates seems unlikely to make any fundamental difference - it will just change the content of the messages.

"True, but a total block on a profile would help, why should I or anyone else have to see another person that we have blocked anywhere on the site, including forums, search facility etc

How do you cope with people you don't like in real life? Who baby sits you there?"

Same as here, block them out of my life, simple really

By *encarolCouple  over a year ago

Tyneside

We have single men blocked on our profile , but they still fab our photos , WHY???????????????????

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"We have single men blocked on our profile , but they still fab our photos , WHY???????????????????"

Because they like the photos?

They're blocked from contacting you, not from seeing your profile.

No offence is meant, I'm sure...

» Add a new message to this topic