FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Appearing Offline

Appearing Offline

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *edhotminx OP   Woman  over a year ago

Turn left at the Singing Ringing Tree

Is there a way of being online, i.e. signed in, but appearing offline to anyone looking? Having joined over a week ago, I've had to hide my profile due to getting so many messages. Every time I tried to reply to those that I had already received, I got more in ....... I can type 100 wpm, but still couldn't keep up with the messages!

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No is the short answer, but you could always just delete the messages if you don't want them

Nobody says that you HAVE to reply to any - unless of course you want to do so

Thanks, I thought that was the case. lol, I know I could just delete them, but that just seems impolite to me. I think everyone deserves an answer if they have taken the time to send a message, even if I reply thanks but no thanks.

Shall just wait for the clammer to die down from being a 'newbie' and then unhide my profile.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Type a " thanks but no thanks" answer into word, then you only have to copy and paste it to the mail. It saves you a bit of time.

By *unterslickCouple  over a year ago

tullamore

or put on profile that you will reply to messages and your sorry for the delay

lol, I ended up doing that.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

If im on after midnight i tend to hide my profile for a while. Its amazing how many men think your the perfect woman at that time of night

"If im on after midnight i tend to hide my profile for a while. Its amazing how many men think your the perfect woman at that time of night "

You too?!!! There's me thinking I'm special, even from the beer googled brigade that send me messages from north of the border at 2am in the morning!!

By *ue care and attentionWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

Was about to post a thread asking the same question but after a big of digging I found this thread...

I have noticed that when people are in chat, even thought they are online they sometimes appear off line.

Also, can we have an appear offline option please for similar reasons mentioned above? Many sites are able to accommodate this function.

is there any news on being able to appear offline

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

If you are getting tired of messages take down your foto.. men are drawn to that . If you also put your profile on private for a while they wont bother you.

[Removed by poster at 15/11/11 10:43:18]

"If you are getting tired of messages take down your foto.. men are drawn to that . If you also put your profile on private for a while they wont bother you."

Yes, if you hide your profile you go into stealth mode

"If you are getting tired of messages take down your foto.. men are drawn to that . If you also put your profile on private for a while they wont bother you."

you'd think and have done that but if your on people's hotlist etc it doesn't work

as i've said before you then get messages to say is everything okay blah blah and changing settings all the times is a pain, much easier to appear offline at times and sort through messages etc

oh it is not about being tired of messages just showing online means people wasting there time sometimes

btw the loving the new pic you have up

no matter

"If you are getting tired of messages take down your foto.. men are drawn to that . If you also put your profile on private for a while they wont bother you.

oh it is not about being tired of messages just showing online means people wasting there time sometimes

btw the loving the new pic you have up"

was that a message to me?? if so thank youx

I was going to ask about kestrels but ur settings

"If you are getting tired of messages take down your foto.. men are drawn to that . If you also put your profile on private for a while they wont bother you.

btw the loving the new pic you have up

was that a message to me?? if so thank youx

I was going to ask about kestrels but ur settings "

it was meant for you

"Thanks, I thought that was the case. lol, I know I could just delete them, but that just seems impolite to me. I think everyone deserves an answer if they have taken the time to send a message, even if I reply thanks but no thanks.

Shall just wait for the clammer to die down from being a 'newbie' and then unhide my profile.

"

I applaud you..... Most on here get advised by the rude and can't-be-bothered one to just delete. Glad someone here on the other side of the fence realises the rudeness. If someone said hi to them in the street most of them would return a nod at least....and that was for just a 'hi'.

We should have a % rating for replies.....that this will get some blood boiling lol....before you all scream... (women and couples) use ur filtering systems available to you...that also mean not showing ur boobs or pubes as a profile lol.

no matter

"Is there a way of being online, i.e. signed in, but appearing offline to anyone looking? Having joined over a week ago, I've had to hide my profile due to getting so many messages. Every time I tried to reply to those that I had already received, I got more in ....... I can type 100 wpm, but still couldn't keep up with the messages! "

Set your message filters.. That way you can eliminate quite a few. Say you dont want to speak with people who have no profile photos or age .. new people .

Be strong and delete just by looking at profile if they are not what you are looking for.

Dont feel obliged to reply you really do not !. good luck and enjoy yourself

no matter

Bugger .. this is an old thread... didnt look