FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Online dot

Online dot

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Can you browse without being shown by the blue dot as online? Is there a setting for this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

You can't presently "show as offline". But Admin answered on another thread that they are having a think about introducing this option.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Can your friends still see you as online with blue dot?

At the moment, EVERYONE sees that you are online with the blue dot. If Admin make the option to "appear offline" in the future, only they will know whether they will make 2 options - appear offline to all, appear offline to all except friends. But I'm sure that is a way in the future - it's only a couple of weeks since they agreed to consider an 'appear offline' option at all.

By *hick33Woman  over a year ago

Essex

I would love the opt out option to be honest.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Somone said if you complain in the site help section admin will opt you out of it.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Just hide your profile using "my account", "privacy" and it doesn't show

Admin x

"Just hide your profile using "my account", "privacy" and it doesn't show

Admin x"

So useless for 90% of people then

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

"You can't presently "show as offline". But Admin answered on another thread that they are having a think about introducing this option."

Probably end up with all blokes being shown as online and everyone else being shown as offline.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Somone said if you complain in the site help section admin will opt you out of it."

Yes, I opted out when it was first introduced as the green dot, so I know it can be done.

"You can't presently "show as offline". But Admin answered on another thread that they are having a think about introducing this option.

Probably end up with all blokes being shown as online and everyone else being shown as offline."

Most likely, and it may start shedding members as a result. The more people that hide the less interest is generated as with those off line.

Scotland - Aberdeen

"You can't presently "show as offline". But Admin answered on another thread that they are having a think about introducing this option.

Probably end up with all blokes being shown as online and everyone else being shown as offline.

Most likely, and it may start shedding members as a result. The more people that hide the less interest is generated as with those off line."

But we wont be hiding as you can see if people are online by accessing their profile, it just means you have to make a little bit more effort. Rather than just looking at the blue dot

Most likely, and it may start shedding members as a result. The more people that hide the less interest is generated as with those off line.

But we wont be hiding as you can see if people are online by accessing their profile, it just means you have to make a little bit more effort. Rather than just looking at the blue dot "

What would the point be then? I think I've missed something. You're saying you want to be shown off line but not act ally off line...why?

Ok...got it...when I said hide I wasn't meaning completely hiding ur profile....I mean hiding from being on line. I guess when I'm online I'm looking to message and chat...If i get a response back then that's great. I tend not to message people offline in the hope they may message me after filtering through all their mail. I tend not to both. Save me time....I can always message them if I catch them online sometime. If not then there are others....After all they could message me if they're interested.

"I tend not to message people offline in the hope they may message me after filtering through all their mail ...."

And that's the whole point of wanting the option to 'appear offline'. If I log on to read the Forums or message with friends, I don't want a ton of messages from people who take your approach. Too many chancers think "oh, here's a woman online, she must be feeling horny, I'll try to get a meet with her". It's an automatic delete from me.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Just because I am online when the message is sent doesn't make me more likely to answer that message than the one I received while I wasn't logged in.

I answer messages when I am in the mood to answer/chat, if I don't feel like having an online conversation, I won't.

[Removed by poster at 02/01/16 16:32:56]

"Just because I am online when the message is sent doesn't make me more likely to answer that message than the one I received while I wasn't logged in.

I answer messages when I am in the mood to answer/chat, if I don't feel like having an online conversation, I won't."

But surely it tales two to be online to engage in any conversation? Maybe others manage conversation some other way but I'm a Sapiophile and need my mind stimulated. Few seem to actually understand the value of stimulating another's mind. I hear it it profiles but rarely in action....

Chat is what the chat rooms are for. I don't "chat" through the messages system. Waste of time, when I can chat to several people in real-time, in the chat rooms.

Well my approach is to not to try and get a meet like u imply... its more can they engage. ..that can only happen by chatting. ..that then see if there's any mutaul interest. I won't meet if there's no interest...not interest if there's no chat...no chat if they're off line....offline... = not a second thought...

"I tend not to message people offline in the hope they may message me after filtering through all their mail ....

And that's the whole point of wanting the option to 'appear offline'. If I log on to read the Forums or message with friends, I don't want a ton of messages from people who take your approach. Too many chancers think "oh, here's a woman online, she must be feeling horny, I'll try to get a meet with her". It's an automatic delete from me."

"Chat is what the chat rooms are for. I don't "chat" through the messages system. Waste of time, when I can chat to several people in real-time, in the chat rooms."

i found them too conflicting. ...too broken....too competitive. No sinserity i guess.

Guess we all use the site differently.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"Just because I am online when the message is sent doesn't make me more likely to answer that message than the one I received while I wasn't logged in.

I answer messages when I am in the mood to answer/chat, if I don't feel like having an online conversation, I won't.

But surely it tales two to be online to engage in any conversation? Maybe others manage conversation some other way but I'm a Sapiophile and need my mind stimulated. Few seem to actually understand the value of stimulating another's mind. I hear it it profiles but rarely in action...."

Only in chat.

If one sends a message and another answers it surely that is an (online) conversation. The amount of time between the sending and the reply is unimportant.

"Guess we all use the site differently. "

Yes we do. So please allow us to request new features which enable us to use the site in the way that WE wish.

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Guess we all use the site differently.

Yes we do. So please allow us to request new features which enable us to use the site in the way that WE wish."

It's not a new feature though as I opted out at the beginning so that is why I say it can be done....it is just admin that doesn't appear to want it.

Yes we do. So please allow us to request new features which enable us to use the site in the way that WE wish."

No one is stopping you requesting...We all request features. It's a place to debate the pros and cons. Fab can't and won't add all the features...A potent exercise for many reasons. I was just saying in an earlier comment that the said feature is effectively already there in another form and the current suggested form would possibly reduce interest and certainly the volume of traffic on the site which would be a negative thing in the eyes of those who own the site.

By *irty Girty From No 30Woman  over a year ago

Burbage

"Well my approach is to not to try and get a meet like u imply... its more can they engage. ..that can only happen by chatting. ..that then see if there's any mutaul interest. I won't meet if there's no interest...not interest if there's no chat...no chat if they're off line....offline... = not a second thought...

I tend not to message people offline in the hope they may message me after filtering through all their mail ....

And that's the whole point of wanting the option to 'appear offline'. If I log on to read the Forums or message with friends, I don't want a ton of messages from people who take your approach. Too many chancers think "oh, here's a woman online, she must be feeling horny, I'll try to get a meet with her". It's an automatic delete from me.

"

But why do they need to be online to chat? Surely if you want to engage with someone you send a message regardless of online status, if they want to engage back they will reply as and when it suits them.

I currently have 161 unread messages, im online fir forums, that number will increase by time i finish on the forums, highly unlikely i will respond to any as i only respond when i choose to read my inbox.

So by your theory me being online means I'm more likely to engage when reality means I'm less likely to

Burbage

Yes we do. So please allow us to request new features which enable us to use the site in the way that WE wish.

No one is stopping you requesting...We all request features. It's a place to debate the pros and cons. Fab can't and won't add all the features...A potent exercise for many reasons. I was just saying in an earlier comment that the said feature is effectively already there in another form and the current suggested form would possibly reduce interest and certainly the volume of traffic on the site which would be a negative thing in the eyes of those who own the site."

This is rubbish.

I still get roughly same amount of messages now with the blue dot as i did last time i was on here without the blue dot.

So no blue dot doesn't reduce volume of traffic all it does in my opinion is highlights on line and which many men on this site they view a woman online as being horny.

I personally prefer the old system where i had no dot, people still messaged, but i got far fewer you're online you must be horny messages as they didn't used to know i was online until they actually clicked on my profile.

The way you talk, it comes across as you only look for blue dots and send your message, do you not read profiles to see if the blue dots are even a match?

Burbage

"Just hide your profile using "my account", "privacy" and it doesn't show

Admin x"

So i have to hide my profile to hide the dot, hiding my profile then removes me from ability of being searched, hiding my profile means people cant read what I'm looking for.

I use the site for a variety of functions, forums, chat and messages with view to meet.

How do i meet if i have to hide my profile just because dots have been added.

Surely the simpliest solution when adding these features is to also add an opt out so members can choose to display or not display the dot, choose to turn on or turn off winks and friend invites.

You speak a lot of sense, Dirty Girty! I've resorted to hiding my profile, except when I'm in the chat room, just to stop the "you're online you must be horny" messages. But this means that if someone sees one of my Forum posts, and wants to know more about me, they can't. So they message me anyway

I would very much like the features to appear offline, without having to hide my profile. Turning off winks and friends invites is also an excellent idea!

Burbage

"You speak a lot of sense, Dirty Girty! I've resorted to hiding my profile, except when I'm in the chat room, just to stop the "you're online you must be horny" messages. But this means that if someone sees one of my Forum posts, and wants to know more about me, they can't. So they message me anyway

I would very much like the features to appear offline, without having to hide my profile. Turning off winks and friends invites is also an excellent idea!"

I just think it makes logical sense, by all means introduce these features, but alongside introduce the ability to turn the features off, that way each individual can choose to use the features that work fir them and not use the ones that dont

» Add a new message to this topic