FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Repeated messages

Repeated messages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi.. Sorry if been asked before but new to forums

Is it not possible to have messages set so sender can only send one message until replied to?... I know a warning flashes up.. But people ignore that.

Im finding my block list filling up rapidly due to people messaging repeatedly.. And I would prefer to keep that for the abusive people.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Not gonna lie, I would seriously consider paying more site supporter fee for that one. I hate getting a string of messages from someone who thinks pestering is a viable wooing technique.

I agree.. I think I'd pay double!..x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A lot of the time women forget about you or your message or not looking for your type at that moment but next week may be looking for that

The answer is to reply saying no thanks . At least then it will show up as you have replied turning them down

I know the site rules means no reply not interested , but it doesn't work when all the advice about dating sites is

Send message to new users

Those online

Those local

Those with recent updates

If you don't hear back try again ? especially if not read try when they are online

"

A lot of the time women forget about you or your message or not looking for your type at that moment but next week may be looking for that

The answer is to reply saying no thanks . At least then it will show up as you have replied turning them down

I know the site rules means no reply not interested , but it doesn't work when all the advice about dating sites is

Those online

Those local

If you don't hear back try again ? especially if not read try when they are online "

But this isn't a dating site. The policy of no reply no interest is there for good reason

"

Those online

Those local

If you don't hear back try again ? especially if not read try when they are online "

It's not a dating site

The rules are there for a reason

I state in my profile I don't reply to everyone

If I am not looking for that person one week.. . I will find them myself when I am

If I replied to every single message I get I would never have time to actually meet or look for people I'd like to meet myself.

I have a life away from this so don't want to be wasting the little time I do have free replying to people who can't be bothered to read my profile

When I have messaged no thanks in the past it has been met with abuse.. Or follow up questions of 'why' or 'are you sure' so now I don't reply.. Or even read ones who I know haven't read profile

And lastly.. It's annoying and tedious when the same person sends the same message repeatedly

"

Those online

Those local

If you don't hear back try again ? especially if not read try when they are online

But this isn't a dating site. The policy of no reply no interest is there for good reason"

It's life get used to it

"It's life get used to it "

But on here there should be the option not too I personally think

And its life for us to bring up unreasonable/stalkery/creepy behaviour when it happens.

The warning that pops up when a second message is sent specifically advises the sender to exercise patience. I'm not talking about someone who maybe messaged me last month when I was on the rag and I'll look on a repeat message more kindly when I am not. I'm talking about the guys who send a message within one or two hours of the first one.

One guy sent me the same message (word for word) every week for 6 months. That means he ignored that message 24 times before he caught on.

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"

Those online

Those local

. Surely if you do not hear back you should NOT try again .

If someone has no interest in your first message , why would they change their mind and become interested a week later?.

Im guessing you are In the group of people we find cause this problem then.

"It's life get used to it

"

I don't have to message women here can do it in real life but thanks for thinking of me

And its life for us to bring up unreasonable/stalkery/creepy behaviour when it happens.

The warning that pops up when a second message is sent specifically advises the sender to exercise patience. I'm not talking about someone who maybe messaged me last month when I was on the rag and I'll look on a repeat message more kindly when I am not. I'm talking about the guys who send a message within one or two hours of the first one.

One guy sent me the same message (word for word) every week for 6 months. That means he ignored that message 24 times before he caught on. "

This is what I am talking about.. For the last week 4 people have sent the same message.. A long one.. Word for word.. 7-8 times a day.... Thats not someone interested in me.. That 's someone sending a copy and pasted message to probably anyone with a pulse until they get a reply from someone... Anyone! X

People are fickle creatures. You never changed your mind?

I don't have to message women here can do it in real life but thanks for thinking of me "

Why do you feel the need to enter a discussion that you're not bothered about then..

One guy sent me the same message (word for word) every week for 6 months. That means he ignored that message 24 times before he caught on. "

That's weird if you read my post properly you will clearly see that it does not say to do that

"People are fickle creatures. You never changed your mind?"

Looks like they have a bee in their bonnet over this . Best leave them well alone

"

Those online

Those local

If you don't hear back try again ? especially if not read try when they are online . Surely if you do not hear back you should NOT try again .

If someone has no interest in your first message , why would they change their mind and become interested a week later?. "

But on here there should be the option not too I personally think "

I think so too.. And I'd pay x

Not about anyone on here no

I get a message and before I even look at it I go look at their profile if they are not for me then they are not going to be for me at any point

One guy sent me the same message (word for word) every week for 6 months. That means he ignored that message 24 times before he caught on.

That's weird if you read my post properly you will clearly see that it does not say to do that "

My first line responded to your post. the rest of my post was a general rant.

Not about who I want to shag, no.

so when you have messaged all the women locally and not had a reply you close your account down and start again next week with another account

"so when you have messaged all the women locally and not had a reply you close your account down and start again next week with another account

"

And guess what when all the local women have blocked you . Close your account down and start again next week with another account

Like I said before its life get used to it

" "

I'm just letting him talk to himself now.

"

I'm just letting him talk to himself now."

Just lost for words myself x

"

I'm just letting him talk to himself now.

Just lost for words myself x"

I have no words either,x

By *urious_couple_2015Couple  over a year ago

North West

We've had a couple of these where it's very clear they a) haven't read the profile or b) copy and paste the same message day in day out. It used to really piss me off, enough to send a reply asking why bother messaging if they can't read or think any hole is a goal. I got bored of that quickly!

Sadly you're not going to be able to stop the determined/inconsiderate ones so now if I recognise the username or any part of the message it's an insta-delete if they persist blocking will stop you wasting your time.

Sorry couldn't be more help, just how best we deal with them personally

Mrs Curious

Yeah being unable to message you again after having not been replied to would be a good feature.

I now block everyone from messaging me, (unless i'm looking for someone new to meet, for myself or for whoever is playing with me).

I don't even care to let guys come to me any more. But i do have a fair amount of decent regular meets so don't need new guys to message me really, and it took me about a year to get to this stage.

When i do unblock it's for a short time only, and yeah i get a few pesterers noticing and messaging me, but i ignore them so they can't get round the site block when i put that back on.

My blocklist is really small right now. But working like this might help others, maybe give it a try.

By *ack DanielMan  over a year ago

London

In conclusion Fab has suddenly women who won't get a look let alone a whistle on the street at normal temperature and pressure into princesses of some sort.

I guess we guys brought it upon ourselves with our insatiable libido and power of women 5'4" and below is taking over.

All men should, like me, go for strictly 5'8" and above slim or voluptuous pretty ladies only and see how fast the tide turns.

For me it's quality over quantity and mind over matter.

And there are gorgeous women outside Fab; only they may not swing but some give incredible one on one sex too.

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Wow, some bitter folk in here!

If you message someone once and don't get a reply, you shouldn't message them again because they are not interested, and it's just an obvious common courtesy to leave someone who is not interested in you alone.

Or at least it seems obvious to us!

"Yeah being unable to message you again after having not been replied to would be a good feature.

I now block everyone from messaging me, (unless i'm looking for someone new to meet, for myself or for whoever is playing with me).

I don't even care to let guys come to me any more. But i do have a fair amount of decent regular meets so don't need new guys to message me really, and it took me about a year to get to this stage.

When i do unblock it's for a short time only, and yeah i get a few pesterers noticing and messaging me, but i ignore them so they can't get round the site block when i put that back on.

My blocklist is really small right now. But working like this might help others, maybe give it a try.

"

Yes I'm heading that way x

"In conclusion Fab has suddenly women who won't get a look let alone a whistle on the street at normal temperature and pressure into princesses of some sort.

I guess we guys brought it upon ourselves with our insatiable libido and power of women 5'4" and below is taking over.

All men should, like me, go for strictly 5'8" and above slim or voluptuous pretty ladies only and see how fast the tide turns.

And there are gorgeous women outside Fab; only they may not swing but some give incredible one on one sex too.

"

Then perhaps the persistent messengers should go seek out these woman

Although on the street if someone pestered me in the same manner.. It would be classed as harassment...

"Wow, some bitter folk in here!

If you message someone once and don't get a reply, you shouldn't message them again because they are not interested, and it's just an obvious common courtesy to leave someone who is not interested in you alone.

Or at least it seems obvious to us! "

"We've had a couple of these where it's very clear they a) haven't read the profile or b) copy and paste the same message day in day out. It used to really piss me off, enough to send a reply asking why bother messaging if they can't read or think any hole is a goal. I got bored of that quickly!

Sadly you're not going to be able to stop the determined/inconsiderate ones so now if I recognise the username or any part of the message it's an insta-delete if they persist blocking will stop you wasting your time.

Sorry couldn't be more help, just how best we deal with them personally

Mrs Curious "

I already delete and block... Which is the issue... As my block list is like the black hole now

"Yeah being unable to message you again after having not been replied to would be a good feature.

Yes I'm heading that way x"

Works great for me, i highly recommend it.

"In conclusion Fab has suddenly women who won't get a look let alone a whistle on the street at normal temperature and pressure into princesses of some sort.

"

I'm not 'gorgeous', i still get heckled, have been wolf whistled, get chatted up, even while with my kids. And this was way before fab. You don't need to be gorgeous, you need to be approachable or look like a 'you're up for it'.

It's actually great being on fab and being in control of your own sexuality for a change and not having men being in control of it (outside of a relationship), so fuck you.

Yet another bitter older guy on here who treats women like shit, well done. I set my filters to a low age when i'm looking coz of guys exactly like you.

By *ack DanielMan  over a year ago

London

I don't subscribe to persistent messaging be it from male or female. Am on about the way and manner some people yap like they can't be bothered about other people's concerns got they got what they want now; get lost.

I for one won't bother again if am ignored. It's respect for myself and manners not encroach on others' space.

But in life you sometimes try a different approach before giving up; within reasons.

[Removed by poster at 30/12/15 23:48:56]

"I don't subscribe to persistent messaging be it from male or female. Am on about the way and manner some people yap like they can't be bothered about other people's concerns got they got what they want now; get lost.

I for one won't bother again if am ignored. It's respect for myself and manners not encroach on others' space.

But in life you sometimes try a different approach before giving up; within reasons.

"

I think you have missed the point of my original post

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Yea, sorry about that but I had to send the same message to 25 other women on here to.

Who says the machine gun approach doesn't work. Got another 25 I'm working on this next 6 months. If I keep pushing someone is bound to give in eventually; won't they?

Widnes

"

Those online

Those local

If you don't hear back try again ? especially if not read try when they are online . Surely if you do not hear back you should NOT try again .

If someone has no interest in your first message , why would they change their mind and become interested a week later?. "

But they're women. I thought they always changed their minds!!

Widnes

This is what I am talking about.. For the last week 4 people have sent the same message.. A long one.. Word for word.. 7-8 times a day.... Thats not someone interested in me.. That 's someone sending a copy and pasted message to probably anyone with a pulse until they get a reply from someone... Anyone! X"

Oh!! Didn't realise you were on my list to. Don't worry, only another 3 months till I move onto the next 25.

Widnes

I'm not 'gorgeous', i still get heckled, have been wolf whistled, get chatted up, even while with my kids. And this was way before fab. You don't need to be gorgeous, you need to be approachable or look like a 'you're up for it'.

It's actually great being on fab and being in control of your own sexuality for a change and not having men being in control of it (outside of a relationship), so fuck you.

Yet another bitter older guy on here who treats women like shit, well done. I set my filters to a low age when i'm looking coz of guys exactly like you."

Not all older guys on here are bitter: Honest!!

Yet another bitter older guy on here who treats women like shit, well done. I set my filters to a low age when i'm looking coz of guys exactly like you.

Not all older guys on here are bitter: Honest!! "

I know you aren't, and a few others.

He is spoiling it for the rest of you (cliche).

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

".....

I didn't catch on.

My milk and sugar puffs stash ran out so I had to leave my under-the-stairs den where i had been for those six months waiting for your reply and i was caught by my mother who locked my computer away....

Until now...

Hello

This is what I am talking about.. For the last week 4 people have sent the same message.. A long one.. Word for word.. 7-8 times a day.... Thats not someone interested in me.. That 's someone sending a copy and pasted message to probably anyone with a pulse until they get a reply from someone... Anyone! X

Oh!! Didn't realise you were on my list to. Don't worry, only another 3 months till I move onto the next 25. "

Blocking works perfectly well for this instance. Not sure why some are adverse to using the site tools already provided.

I do block.. And I'm not adverse to the site tools already available.. Was a suggestion is all

"Blocking works perfectly well for this instance. Not sure why some are adverse to using the site tools already provided."

Thats what I thought. How can a block list ever be full?

"Blocking works perfectly well for this instance. Not sure why some are adverse to using the site tools already provided.

Thats what I thought. How can a block list ever be full?"

I don't know if block list can be full... Not what I said

"Blocking works perfectly well for this instance. Not sure why some are adverse to using the site tools already provided.

I don't know if block list can be full... Not what I said "

Well it can't, you said it was filling up as though there was some limit to it

"I do block.. And I'm not adverse to the site tools already available.. Was a suggestion is all "

It wasn't a comment directed at you specifically it's just that you hear so many complaining about repeat messages but they are so easy to block. I just wonder why they don't do that. Problem solved.

Even if you send a no thankyou, some guys still try again and seeing its the same message word for word its just lazy copy and paste. After we say no thanks and we get another it just gets deleted but would pay extra for that addition to the site.

"I do block.. And I'm not adverse to the site tools already available.. Was a suggestion is all

It wasn't a comment directed at you specifically it's just that you hear so many complaining about repeat messages but they are so easy to block. I just wonder why they don't do that. Problem solved."

I know it was a general comment.. I didn't take offence..x

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"so when you have messaged all the women locally and not had a reply you close your account down and start again next week with another account

And guess what when all the local women have blocked you . Close your account down and start again next week with another account

Like I said before its life get used to it "

You really can't take a hint can you?

Lots of guys on here are great and do well. If you have to resort to that there is something wrong with YOU.

So stop saying women are all crazy etc. Clean up your act and maybe you'll not be rejected all the time

[Removed by poster at 31/12/15 19:03:44]

I guess as OP suggests it would have stopped ur inbox filling with junk and that guy would have got the message the first time along with the hundreds of others who do the same. There is obviously another reason why they won't do it....It has been requested by multitudes.....

"I do block.. And I'm not adverse to the site tools already available.. Was a suggestion is all

It wasn't a comment directed at you specifically it's just that you hear so many complaining about repeat messages but they are so easy to block. I just wonder why they don't do that. Problem solved."

There's another hinder agenda as it's been requested over the years. We will never know.

It's done for winks so could easily be done for messages. One message and if no reply then you cannot re message for a month. That's the simple answer to all those who don't like people re messaging them if they do not reply.

Widnes

I don't know if block list can be full... Not what I said "

I don't know if it can get full but I've heard a rumour that there is a limit and, when you reach it, the oldest blocks on your list fall of it and are no longer blocked. Maybe someone from Fab can confirm or refute this rumour?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Only if you use chat it seems to unblock after a certain amount, but I think the blocks still work in mails ( but stand to be corrected if otherwise )

I guess as OP suggests it would have stopped ur inbox filling with junk and that guy would have got the message the first time along with the hundreds of others who do the same. There is obviously another reason why they won't do it....It has been requested by multitudes....."

Glad I'm not the only one then... Maybe it's cost

In which case maybe have it like an email system.. Where repeated messages from same sender go into previous message box x

» Add a new message to this topic