FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > our photos shown n internet

our photos shown n internet

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ee mary OP   Couple  over a year ago

pleasington

we have just been told all our photos are subject and open to the whole world on the internet .to anyone, typing in your user names !! the user that told us this went to great lengths to illustrate to us why an dhow all our Photos will be all over all the internets .on behalf of tens of thousands showing their faces on here !! how safe is this . i can't seem to find anyone to ask or any answers to fab (form fab) this morning in my desperate plea for help. please please can someone write to us offer solice help. i have even tired to change our profile name. i have done but its till showing old names.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

General consensus is that if you put pics anywhere on the internet its always possible for someone to use them and post them elsewhere.

In your Privacy settings the site gives you an option to not show your profiles in search engines, and you have the option to put your pics in private and only send them to the people that you want to see them.

Also check FAQs at the bottom of the page - Admin advise on this.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

From FAQs:

Why don't you right-click protect our photos to stop others stealing / saving them?

We believe in being straighforward with the members of Fab. Right click protect doesn't work and gives a false sense of security by pretending to "protect" images. Other sites may pretend they've protected your images but actually they're being dishonest by claiming that.

Right click "protect" can be gotten around in under 2 seconds by any of the following methods:

Simplest: Goto File menu, Save As, and save to desktop = The photos will be in a folder on your desktop that your browser has created.

OR... Disable JavaScript by going to Tools menu, choose Internet Options, Click the Security tab, click Custom Level, scroll to the "Scripting" section of the list and click Disable. Right click can now be used to save images.

OR... Press print screen and the image + page will be copied to clipboard where it can be pasted into a graphics program for resize or save.

We give you three privacy options on your photos and we now hide images from anyone who isn't a member of Fab. If you are worried about someone stealing your photos you may want to set them to be viewable only by your friends, or private in which case you can send by private mail.

We also now watermark all photos upon upload.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

As Jezebel said, no pic you put on the internet are safe, they can all be screenshot and posted elsewhere even if Fab had the right click save disabled.

Looks like you have decided to allow your profile to show to non-registered users and search engines like google.

You can change this by going to my account then privacy and change your settings there.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

U only have to right click and copies picsso keep face pics privatexx

» Add a new message to this topic