FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Time wasters

Time wasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ustthe2ofusXXX OP   Couple  over a year ago

coventry

Do admin / can admin do anything about time wasters on here, tbh getting a bit fed up of all of them on here, I think the last 3 meets that were planned have all been no shows. We do how ever we find it comical sometimes but then like tonight both of us left work early ( at a cost ) organised child care ( at a cost ) just for them not to show and block us without any notice or even an excuse. The money is not an issue just the inconvenience of it all and knowing that all that they are doing is still sitting behide there keyboard laughing at us.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *eal Deal PartiesWoman  over a year ago

x

Admin don't do anything unless lots of folks have reported it..

It's just rude!!

Hope u find the right person soon sweetie

Xx

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

I believe Admin can disable a profile for being a no-show.

Once you report them Admin can check your messages, I assume you made all arrangements through here rather than taking them off site to kik etc then you have no proof that plans were made.

Was the profile well verified?

Did you follow their veris back to see if those profiles looked genuine?

Chat on the phone?

All these things can help..... or do as I do, only meet in clubs, if they don't show up then it is possible to find a replacement shag.

coventry

Unfortunately it's people like this that ruin it for all the real people out there. Admin should come down hard on the idiots and be able to block their ip address for a minimum of 3 months.

We had all spoken together for a week or so and had organised the meet on here and kik so admin are welcome to check if they want.

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Sorry that you have had 3 no shows but you need to look at your selection criteria.

Did you swap face pics,

were they verified from actual meets or just photo verified,

Was the profile well written with a few good photos on that look genuine (not too good as unless they say they are a professional photographer)

Did you speak on the phone.

Its not a fail safe system but we find that if you do all of the above then pretty much all of the fake profiles fall away before we get around to arranging a meet.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is reviewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******

coventry

Thank you admin I will report the site user tomorrow ( can't mention names been told off before about that )

But currently enjoying the night out with the wife in the pub while we both try and find our next victims on here

( maybe I can say tonight is our valentines meal )

By *ischief ManagedCouple  over a year ago

manchester

I would suggest like before meets in a club we only do that now due to time wasters in the past.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Do admin / can admin do anything about time wasters on here, tbh getting a bit fed up of all of them on here, I think the last 3 meets that were planned have all been no shows. We do how ever we find it comical sometimes but then like tonight both of us left work early ( at a cost ) organised child care ( at a cost ) just for them not to show and block us without any notice or even an excuse. The money is not an issue just the inconvenience of it all and knowing that all that they are doing is still sitting behide there keyboard laughing at us. "

So sorry to read of your recent experiences and how your most latest noshow has clearly hurt you guys.

We've had experiences like that. We always meet for a social first. That's resulted in a no show a few times,

We even had someone I've met before to play - after a social - simply not turn up the second time. Texts and messages on here just went without reply even though the person in question logged in later that day. So don't think that doing socials first is any guarantee. And the guy who didn't turn up for a second play meet I really liked.

It also seems to be a little unfair to perhaps suggest you need to do more to discover if someone is genuine. You are on the receiving end here, and no blame should be placed with you for having decided to take that leap of faith with someone you must have thought was like minded.

Clubs aren't for everyone. We've played on and off for 15 years, but we've never visited a club nor intend to.

As to solution? The site works on a premise of trust, which sadly an ever increasing - so it seems to us - of people abuse. Admin could ban a user, but how does that stop anyone from rejoining?

Personally I think the site is much better overall than others we've seen, but we do notice a trend that it is often true for us, that profiles which have caused us issues are free ones.

Not always we'd admit, but very often. Perhaps if people are genuine they'd be willing to pay a little more to try and arrange meets rather than play catfish. Might not be a popular idea, but I think that with many people, both male and female and couples having often experienced multiple let downs that something has to be done. If not, the site owners might find that members might loose faith in the sites ability to deliver, which would be a real pity.

Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"Unfortunately it's people like this that ruin it for all the real people out there. Admin should come down hard on the idiots and be able to block their ip address for a minimum of 3 months.

We had all spoken together for a week or so and had organised the meet on here and kik so admin are welcome to check if they want. "

Not possible to block IP addresses, all I would need to do is reboot my router and I would get a new address, go round a friends and use their wifi or any number of other options.

By *inkySlinkyCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

In 18 months on here we have never had a no show. To have three in a row seems really unfortunate.

Sally

"Unfortunately it's people like this that ruin it for all the real people out there. Admin should come down hard on the idiots and be able to block their ip address for a minimum of 3 months.

We had all spoken together for a week or so and had organised the meet on here and kik so admin are welcome to check if they want.

Not possible to block IP addresses, all I would need to do is reboot my router and I would get a new address, go round a friends and use their wifi or any number of other options."

Thanks for the tips

By *onnyJohnMan  over a year ago

Doncaster

"Do admin / can admin do anything about time wasters on here, tbh getting a bit fed up of all of them on here, I think the last 3 meets that were planned have all been no shows. We do how ever we find it comical sometimes but then like tonight both of us left work early ( at a cost ) organised child care ( at a cost ) just for them not to show and block us without any notice or even an excuse. The money is not an issue just the inconvenience of it all and knowing that all that they are doing is still sitting behide there keyboard laughing at us. "

Short answer I think is "no they can't" it's something that comes with the territory unfortunately, and to be fair as many have said there are some checks you can put in place but they are not infallible and also exclude some genuine people.

All anyone can really do on here is take the rough with the smooth.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

8 years here without a no-show.

Ok, so that sounds smug, but it wasn't meant to be, what it does show is that it can be done.

Whats the secret, I hear you ask?

Dunno.. is the honest answer.

We do take time to swap messages, check the veries (and those that veried them) and pics (tineye), and I think it helps that we cant meet that often (jobs etc), so we often try to meet at one of the many organised socials arranged around here. This means it can be a few weeks before we meet someone, and a fake or timewaster wont wait that long before disappearing, or getting a reputation for no-shows.

We also try to get them to speak on the phone and/or go on cam in the chatroom.

No system is foolproof, and I'm sure we have missed out on some fantastic meets through being too cautious, but our way works for us.

Hit the report user button

Then tick the "no show " button

If someone is wasting time with a timewaster,doesn't that make them a timewaster also.

Just had someone waste my time for about an hour saying they would meet and getting me to drive over and then decided to block me when I was waiting outside. What is the point!

Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"Just had someone waste my time for about an hour saying they would meet and getting me to drive over and then decided to block me when I was waiting outside. What is the point! "

I take it that it was a bloke you were planning to meet as most women don't arrange meets after chatting for just 1 hour

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Just had someone waste my time for about an hour saying they would meet and getting me to drive over and then decided to block me when I was waiting outside. What is the point! "

Report the profile please

By *abe1200Couple  over a year ago

belfast

Its hard sometimes to catch timewaisters we were for a long time asked for a meet by a single guy,verified n all that,we used to get messages from him asking for a meet n when we decided to meet after a fone call n skype call n address given he stopped replying r message on site,when we called him n hour before the meet there was no answer we drove all the way to the address he gave us,the house was dark (nobody home).we were outside in the car trying to call him no answer n i decided to go n knock the door n no answer,anyway we got a last minute meet from somewhere else n the guy who messed us up previous nite send us a message after we got a verification n said he was sorry he thought we were timewaisters n happy to meet us if still interested but we had verifications for him to see n also he was the one who initiated a meet n stalking us how can u tell that he will let u down.anyway we used the block button cause reporting them what will stop them opening a new acc.