FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Setting up a joint profile

Setting up a joint profile

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aybe_amy OP   Woman  over a year ago

Wales

Hi!

Trying to set up a joint profile but it's not yet been approved.

I originally joined back in Sept or Oct and deleted my profile a few weeks later. When I tried to rejoin at the beginning of January it wasn't approved, presumably cos I'd used my laptop to join before, so I used my housemate's laptop and successfully signed up. Since then my housemate (a gay male) has also been able to use his laptop to join fabguys and fabswingers (cos he could see how much fun I'm having)!

Now I'm wanting to set up a joint profile with a FB so we can arrange meets together, although he and I are still meeting separately so need to keep our single profiles too. Tried from my own laptop but not been approved. Doubt it would work from my housemates laptop, and same goes for the FB. Don't have access to another computer, but am not trying to do anything dodgy, just want a couples profile! x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"Hi!

I originally joined back in Sept or Oct and deleted my profile a few weeks later. When I tried to rejoin at the beginning of January it wasn't approved, presumably cos I'd used my laptop to join before, so I used my housemate's laptop and successfully signed up. Since then my housemate (a gay male) has also been able to use his laptop to join fabguys and fabswingers (cos he could see how much fun I'm having)!

Now I'm wanting to set up a joint profile with a FB so we can arrange meets together, although he and I are still meeting separately so need to keep our single profiles too. Tried from my own laptop but not been approved. Doubt it would work from my housemates laptop, and same goes for the FB. Don't have access to another computer, but am not trying to do anything dodgy, just want a couples profile! x"

As far as I know there's no restriction on setting up a number of profiles useing the same IP address. Also lots of people repeatedly delete themselves and create new accounts. Presuming that you and your flatmate are using shared broadband, rather than 3G dongles, you'd be likely to have the same IP address. There is a restriction on you VERIFYING each other from the same IP address, but your account would have to be up and running for this to be a problem!

Can you clarify what you mean by "not been approved"?

Wales

It's still pending approval, I know it might take longer than the 5-10 mins it states, but it's been over 24 hours. Had the same problem when I tried to set up this account on my own laptop, days and days, nothing happening, did it from someone else's and it was almost instant...

Warrington & Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 25/06/11 10:31:31]

Warrington & Glasgow

If you were sharing the same IP address, I can't guess why that would be. If different, I can only guess that at some time in the past, some using that IP address has been banned from the site. I'm not suggesting it was you or even a previous flatmate, as ISPs will recycle old IP addresses. At the bottom of this (and every) page, there is a Contact link. I suggest you use it to contact Admin and ask them to check for you.

Wales

Yay, OwenandAmy has been approved and the messages are flowing in already. Guess I was just too impatient...

You know I really can't fault this site. Considering it's free (although I like opting for the silver membership), we don't get bombarded with ads, the site VERY rarely goes down, and in the last six months it's given me the most fun I've EVER had. Nice one Fab! xxx

Warrington & Glasgow

Glad things got sorted! Hope you have as much fun on your joint profile as you have on your single one, I know we have!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi!

Now I'm wanting to set up a joint profile with a FB so we can arrange meets together, although he and I are still meeting separately so need to keep our single profiles too. Tried from my own laptop but not been approved. Doubt it would work from my housemates laptop, and same goes for the FB. Don't have access to another computer, but am not trying to do anything dodgy, just want a couples profile! x"

» Add a new message to this topic