FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Profile has disappeared

Profile has disappeared

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

On the search facility listing and list those online. I've had no messages for ages. What's this about?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have you checked your privacy settings and mail preferences ? Xx

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"On the search facility listing and list those online. I've had no messages for ages. What's this about?

"

Could it be that the "Looking For" part of your profile is blank and it looks like you're not looking for anyone?

I can't believe I'd not filled in the preferences! Severely blonde moment I'm afraid thanks xx. Still don't see it listed. Could anyone do me a favour and do a browse and see if I'm there? My prof doesn't appear when I do it or check who's online. Xx

I have had a look at have to say could not find you

Have you checked your Privacy settings ?

Yep. Deg an active profile. Have friends, the Google thing and details seen by not reg peeps deactivated but that's it. Is there a way to officially report this?

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Yep. Deg an active profile. Have friends, the Google thing and details seen by not reg peeps deactivated but that's it. Is there a way to officially report this? "

We have verified that you show on "online now" list. Because you hadn't selected "men" previously you wouldn't have showed in any searches people did.

In summary: Your profile is now ok.

Admin x

Hi thanx for checking that. It's strange coz I was getting messages b4 that but my mistake with the men box was from initial set up. Also, some of my hotlist have disappeared. Why?

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

Maybe they have left the site?

Checked that- they haven't.

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Checked that- they haven't. "

You probably have two accounts and have logged into a different one.

Admin x

No, only one. What a strange answer

So- only one profile, all boxes ticked- so why did the names disappear from my hotlist? Any ideas?

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"So- only one profile, all boxes ticked- so why did the names disappear from my hotlist? Any ideas?"

There are three possibilities we can think of, but we're frightened to give them in case we get berated again.

Admin x

Tayside

"So- only one profile, all boxes ticked- so why did the names disappear from my hotlist? Any ideas?

There are three possibilities we can think of, but we're frightened to give them in case we get berated again.

Admin x"

Aww go on, I'm intrigued by this one too, seeing as my first answer here helped her and I'm sure she will be gentle with you this time, well maybe!

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"So- only one profile, all boxes ticked- so why did the names disappear from my hotlist? Any ideas?

Admin x

Aww go on, I'm intrigued by this one too, seeing as my first answer here helped her and I'm sure she will be gentle with you this time, well maybe! "

These are the three possibilities we can think of:

1. You (or someone logging into your account; see FAQ if you think this is the case) removed them.

2. The user blocked you or you blocked them.

3. The user removed themselves from the site.

(4. You hotlisted them on another account*)

Admin x

* This is more common than you think. We often get contacts along the lines of "all our friends, mails, photos and verifications have gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (and yes there usually are that many exclamations) and 99% of the time it's because the user has an old account they've logged into by mistake

Tayside

Admin x

Aww go on, I'm intrigued by this one too, seeing as my first answer here helped her and I'm sure she will be gentle with you this time, well maybe!

These are the three possibilities we can think of:

1. You (or someone logging into your account; see FAQ if you think this is the case) removed them.

2. The user blocked you or you blocked them.

3. The user removed themselves from the site.

(4. You hotlisted them on another account*)

Admin x

* This is more common than you think. We often get contacts along the lines of "all our friends, mails, photos and verifications have gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (and yes there usually are that many exclamations) and 99% of the time it's because the user has an old account they've logged into by mistake "

Thanks, I'll now be able to go to work and not be wondering what the answers were.

My, what thin skin you have. And I thought you were here to help There is only one profile, as I said, no-one's left the site, no-one else knows my pw as there is no other person in the house, and I wasn't blocked, as far as I know So maybe someone's hacked my account here and mucked it up. Possible, I suppose

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"My, what thin skin you have. And I thought you were here to help There is only one profile, as I said, no-one's left the site, no-one else knows my pw as there is no other person in the house, and I wasn't blocked, as far as I know So maybe someone's hacked my account here and mucked it up. Possible, I suppose"

You're welcome.

You wouldn't know if you were blocked so since you live alone and haven't got another account and seemingly haven't removed it yourself, it would seem to be the most probable explanation

If you're still worried that there is someone logging into your account there's info in the FAQ to help you with that:

http://www.fabswingers.com/faq

Admin x

» Add a new message to this topic