FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Laptop display has changed

Laptop display has changed

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lixer OP   Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I'm using the most recent Firefox and running Windows 8.1, also up to date.

Just in the past few days my display after logging in has changed (same on Fabguys).

Basically everything is in non-graphics columns down the left side of the screen. Chrome works OK but I don't like Chrome.

Any suggestions?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Have you changed Firefox settings or reset it to the original, trying to fix the problem? Other sites load ok in FF?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

As browsers cache webpages, have you emptied your cache and cookies? Does zooming alter the page so it's still as bad but smaller or larger?

Glasgow

If Firefox has changed, I didn't enable it. It may have made changes behind my back though.

Zooming in doesn't help - the homepage looks nothing like it should. No other sites, so far, apart from both Fabs are affected. Ta....

By *d197866Man  over a year ago

Perth

Recent windows updates have caused some browser issues. Can you try in another browser and see if the issue replicates ? If so check recently installed updates, try reseting IE to defaults (control panel internet settings) if its ok in IE then uninstall firefox reboot and reinstall. If that doesnt work check and see if you can rollback any recent windows updates, or check for a recent restore point (although a retore isnt always succesful and can cause instalbility). If none of that works there is a registry script which resets all the internet defaults, firefox uses the same as IE so the script should work for both but i would need to look it up let me know if you need it. Good luck.

Glasgow

Cheers - I'll give all that a go.

» Add a new message to this topic