FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Blocked profiles seeing forum posts.

Blocked profiles seeing forum posts.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Could anyone advise please. If you have had to block someone due to their behaviour are they still able to view your posts?

I love reading and contributing to the forums but was taken aback when someone we’d blocked (for good reason) was able to reply to one of my comments

Is there any way of preventing this?

Thanks for any help

V x

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Could anyone advise please. If you have had to block someone due to their behaviour are they still able to view your posts?

I love reading and contributing to the forums but was taken aback when someone we’d blocked (for good reason) was able to reply to one of my comments

Thanks for any help

V x"

There isn't any way to prevent it but they are not allowed to try to use the forum to get round a block or post to harass you...you can report them for that

"Could anyone advise please. If you have had to block someone due to their behaviour are they still able to view your posts?

Thanks for any help

V x

There isn't any way to prevent it but they are not allowed to try to use the forum to get round a block or post to harass you...you can report them for that"

Thank you. I shall be watching carefully. There was a sly comment in their reply but nothing that I could report them for. I find it uncomfortable that they are still able to communicate with us via the forums.

By *ettyboop61Woman  over a year ago

St Neots

Unfortunately they are only blocked from seeing you but not from the forums.....and they shouldn't wrote anything on the forums about people that have blocked them

"Unfortunately they are only blocked from seeing you but not from the forums.....and they shouldn't wrote anything on the forums about people that have blocked them"

I have reported them for doing this on advice from another site member. Hopefully action has been taken as they are now showing as UNLOS.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

If they show as UNLOS it means they left the site of their own accord.

For future reference, anyone can post on the forum including quoting and answering someone even if you have that person blocked. Most people wouldn't even know they were blocked unless they clicked on their profile, plus mods wouldn't know which people had each other blocked.

What they can't do is ask you to unblock/ ask you why they are blocked or put you on the spot about it

Thank you for explaining. I still find it uncomfortable however that a blocked profile can continue to communicate with you via the forums. This particular lady would have been well aware that she was blocked not only on our joint profile but my partners solo profile as well.

C’est la vie. I love the forums and it won’t put me off contributing.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Thank you for explaining. I still find it uncomfortable however that a blocked profile can continue to communicate with you via the forums. This particular lady would have been well aware that she was blocked not only on our joint profile but my partners solo profile as well.

C’est la vie. I love the forums and it won’t put me off contributing. "

If they are bothering you, then report them and admin will take any action necessary

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Thank you for explaining. I still find it uncomfortable however that a blocked profile can continue to communicate with you via the forums. This particular lady would have been well aware that she was blocked not only on our joint profile but my partners solo profile as well.

C’est la vie. I love the forums and it won’t put me off contributing. "

They can respond.... You don't have to respond back and enter into communication with them. We're all adults here

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

C’est la vie. I love the forums and it won’t put me off contributing.

If they are bothering you, then report them and admin will take any action necessary "

Not unless they break rules, it sounds like they havn't