FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Recent changes with cam in chatroom

Recent changes with cam in chatroom

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ilthyfucks69 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Neverland

I have been on here for many years now and have always enjoyed using my webcam via chat and have never struggled but recently(around 2 weeks ago) something changed.

I have a built in cam in my laptop with windows 10 that i use usually via Microsoft Edge as chrome can be temprimental.

I have allowed fab to access my cam, confirmed flash and rebooted, added fab to flash's allowed sites, updates flash,checked the drivers, uninstalled the cam, reinstalled, tried different browsers, updated and STILL no cam!!

I am a chat mod and this is slowly killing me not being able to use my cam when im in chat so frequently.

Any top tips? Iv tried EVERYTHING!!

Ps sorry for the lengthy post

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *immy stonemanMan  over a year ago

west yorkshire

No solution just a question im afraid

Is your laptop fairly new ?, I am wondering as I am also looking for a solution to a similar problem I have a new usb webcam it works with every capture and streaming site or application but the chat on this site, tried everything about 5 different browsers reviewing site permissions and privacy settings but no joy, the camera shows in the drop down box and gives the impression that it works but the lights don't come on and it sends no feed

So my issue seems to be that the chat software on this site is not compatible with my webcam it uses a usb 3 interface that doesn't seem to be supported where as my built in usb 2 and ancient usb 1 device witch has the clarity of a potato but connects fine

Anywho sorry for the wall of text and hijacking your post, if I come across a fix for your issue whilst trying to solve mine I will be sure to return and share the knowledge

By *tripper9Man  over a year ago

Blackburn

Hi, not sure if this works, start with all your Microsoft updates (through the tools icon, like a gear symbol) making sure the power is on for all of your connected equipment. Update everything, windows, Adobe, flash etc.

Install Mozilla Firefox browser, do a restart and see if there are any compatibility issues, once done reattempt Fab (if there are problems try making any antivirus settings a bit weaker).

Hopefully somewhere along the line this should fix, if not try a new external cam from a different manufacturer.

_tripper9

J

By *illieGTV/TS  over a year ago

High Heels

"I have been on here for many years now and have always enjoyed using my webcam via chat and have never struggled but recently(around 2 weeks ago) something changed.

I have a built in cam in my laptop with windows 10 that i use usually via Microsoft Edge as chrome can be temprimental.

I have allowed fab to access my cam, confirmed flash and rebooted, added fab to flash's allowed sites, updates flash,checked the drivers, uninstalled the cam, reinstalled, tried different browsers, updated and STILL no cam!!

I am a chat mod and this is slowly killing me not being able to use my cam when im in chat so frequently.

Ps sorry for the lengthy post"

I've had similar problems with a laptop on Windows 10 using a USB Logitec usb2 webcam but the inbuilt laptop cam worked ok. I managed to connect using Chrome eventually but by switching USB to a different USB port on the laptop but still had to fully close everything down and reboot. Microsoft Edge would not work for my connection.

I'm no tech'y but check in the laptop 'Control Panel'/'Devise Manager'/'Cameras' to make sure the laptop has the remote cam listed if you haven't done that already.

Neverland

My laptop is about 2 years old so probably not that new?

Think mine is logitech or something, it used to work before. Maybe i just need to buy a usb camera then as the in built one just wont work at the moment with fab but works with other streaming sites

Mrs

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Maybe try a different browser.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My Lenovo Laptop is about three years old. I use Firefox browser - never had an issue with the inbuilt cam.

By *tripper9Man  over a year ago

Blackburn

At least with a USB cam you can point it exactly where you want to, a laptop kind of dictates that its your face and nothing else?

Neverland

"Maybe try a different browser."

Iv tried multiple browsers and haven't ever had a problem before until recently.

Mrs

west yorkshire

if you go down the usb webcam route it would be wise to get recommendation from someone who uses the camrooms here first, as I say mine is brand new and has numerous recommendations from people who use it on skype for streaming and youtube yet I cant make it work here.

Ive tried numerous browsers all my software is up to date my laptop is less than a year old both the cameras are Logitech

so out with the new and in with the old for me I guess

Hi everyone. I have just updated my software on my apple mac laptop and i had adobe before and was able to use my camera in chat. Since downloading the new software and deleting and reinstalling adobe twice i still can't get my camera to work in chat and don't have a clue as im not very computer literate. If anyone has any suggestions i would really appreciate it. tis.

Try installing driver booster 5.

Windows updates have a habit of screwing up drivers

You'll have at least 25 driver issues due to windows 10

More depending on model of computer you're using

Neverland

"Try installing driver booster 5.

Windows updates have a habit of screwing up drivers

You'll have at least 25 driver issues due to windows 10

More depending on model of computer you're using"

I have checked the drivers and apparently all working no problem and have updated and uninstalled them

cam works with other sites no issues

will look into boost thing

Mrs

By *itness_FornicatorsCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

If you plug in another webcam your built in cam will probably work. I always need to plug in a webcam as for some reason it activates my built in cam.

By *rs dinglesCouple  over a year ago

lybster

when you try use cam wont work there a padlock sign top left hand side screen click on that will let you use cam then

It's not just you

My cans stopped working too

Neverland

"when you try use cam wont work there a padlock sign top left hand side screen click on that will let you use cam then

"

Its not this, iv tried this several times and gone into flash settings and allowed fab and everything

Mrs

west yorkshire

ok so i finally got somewhere total fluke

so i uninstalled google chrome and downloaded it from an official page

while it was downloading i went to adobes site to test my flash player and allowed it there

then chrome was ready loaded it came to chat allowed flash through the address bar, refreshed the page it said no camera detected in the box but i clicked it anyway device was listed, clicked it and bingo. all working

so i tried every browser going and ended up back with the one i had in the first place loooool

anyone still having trouble let me know surely one of the fixes ive tried will work

Neverland

"ok so i finally got somewhere total fluke

so i uninstalled google chrome and downloaded it from an official page

while it was downloading i went to adobes site to test my flash player and allowed it there

then chrome was ready loaded it came to chat allowed flash through the address bar, refreshed the page it said no camera detected in the box but i clicked it anyway device was listed, clicked it and bingo. all working

so i tried every browser going and ended up back with the one i had in the first place loooool

anyone still having trouble let me know surely one of the fixes ive tried will work"

Thats the problem when it says no cam detected my cam is not listed but my mic(which is part of the cam) is and i know cam is fine as it is on other sites

Mrs

west yorkshire

ok on the page where it says click to start cam what symbols do you have in the address bar?

i have a padlock at the top left settings in there are three separate boxes for camera, microphone and flash. i have these set to allow

at the right side there are two icons, the adobe icon (looks like a jigsaw piece with a little red blob to me) in there it says flash was blocked, still works tho, there is also a little camera symbol (says this page is accessing your camera and microphone) there are two boxes there to select camera and microphone also an option to allow permission at the top of the menu.

the two icons on the right were not there before and my camera didnt work

they are now and it does, so check that and well go from there

Neverland

"ok on the page where it says click to start cam what symbols do you have in the address bar?

i have a padlock at the top left settings in there are three separate boxes for camera, microphone and flash. i have these set to allow

at the right side there are two icons, the adobe icon (looks like a jigsaw piece with a little red blob to me) in there it says flash was blocked, still works tho, there is also a little camera symbol (says this page is accessing your camera and microphone) there are two boxes there to select camera and microphone also an option to allow permission at the top of the menu.

the two icons on the right were not there before and my camera didnt work

they are now and it does, so check that and well go from there"

Iv got them icons and iv allowed them, refreshed the page and everything, nothing

Mrs

west yorkshire

and the selections are correct?

in my list there are a few to choose from

my inbuilt camera is listed as usb 2.0 for some reason

Neverland

"and the selections are correct?

in my list there are a few to choose from

my inbuilt camera is listed as usb 2.0 for some reason"

Iv gone through the list and i cant select my cam? no idea why its just not there

the selections for allowing cam and everything is correct though

Neverland

Update: just got cam to work on Microsoft edge, usually when I allow flash it just freezes and makes me recover webpage then freezes again

Mrs

west yorkshire

Neverland

Had to restart the comp and now webcam wont work again, beyond fuming

Mrs

By *awny123Woman  over a year ago

Spalding

"Had to restart the comp and now webcam wont work again, beyond fuming

Mrs"

i have tried all sorts with my Apple Mac this evening and gave up and nearly launched it out the window lol

Neverland

"Had to restart the comp and now webcam wont work again, beyond fuming

Mrsi have tried all sorts with my Apple Mac this evening and gave up and nearly launched it out the window lol "

Know this feeling, especially after it randomly working for a short period of time

Mrs

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

This is a site problem the owners should have sorted ages ago.

All we get is a poor work around that does not work for most, but still the problem is ignored by admin,

as a regular chat roomer I have noticed the drop in cam users.

By *andom2chatMan  over a year ago

A Galaxy Far, Far Away & Spain

"I have been on here for many years now and have always enjoyed using my webcam via chat and have never struggled but recently(around 2 weeks ago) something changed.

Ps sorry for the lengthy post"

I'd have thought the Mod Forum would've had an answer to this issue, so this says a lot.

I'm having a similar issue, retired from Modding & even migrate to other sites when the tech issues get so bad.

Please SJ & Mark - sort these problems out with your Site Supporters & other members. PLEASE!

» Add a new message to this topic