FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Webcam help needed please

Webcam help needed please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi All!

Just recently joined, and looking forward to participating in the site and hopefully getting involved in the scene.

At the mo though, I have a problem in the chatrooms - I can't get my webcam to work, although I can see others' ok. When I click the link on my little icon to open it, the whole site closes down. Is there some settings adjustment that I have to make please? For info, my webcam is built into my sony laptop lid, and runs using Arcsoft Webcam companion software bumndled with the pc.

Any help gratefully appreciated. Cheers,

Willy

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

its deffo the setting in your webcam, a case of trial and error with the settings on what the fab site will work with, best of luck.

Hi and welcome.

where you see the image of yourself or where it says 'me' have you clicked settings and gone to webcam icon and made sure the cam is selected?

Also, try using a different internet browser... Internet explorer, opera, firefox all support adobe flash player.... Google chrome doesn't officially have flash support although does work.

Also, go to the adobe website and re download and install flash player from their.

Also, as a side note, if ur cam is in use in another application then it won't work in chat at the same time. Also, I'm assuming that you have tested the cam works with live messenger etc?

Hope this helps.

Steve.

Oh, forgot to say, if the companion software is running, try turning that off.... May be conflicting with flash player.

Steve.

Hi all, thanks for the advice, particularly yours, Steve. Have tried some of your suggestions but without success so far alas, so it obviously isn't going to be a five minute fix!! I'll have a more detailed look again at the weekend when I have time to sit down with it properly! Many thanks once again.

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple  over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

Just out of curiosity, have you used your webcam outwith the site? On msn or with the cameras own software?

If not, it might be a fault with the camera?

xx

dunblane, stirling

"Also, I'm assuming that you have tested the cam works with live messenger etc?

Steve. "

Sorry, missed that bit

xx

go into control panel and find cameras open it and go through the setup for taking still pics you should see a image of yourself moving if not then you may need to reinstall the software to pick up you cam

hi all, yes, I've checked that the camera is ok - works on it's own software, and with msn.

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

We're unable to get our cam to work.

It works on it's own and MSN, I have the latest abode installed, but when I click "V" under our name, nothing happens.

Any suggestions please?

dunblane, stirling

"We're unable to get our cam to work.

It works on it's own and MSN, I have the latest abode installed, but when I click "V" under our name, nothing happens.

Any suggestions please?"

check that you have webacam enabled in chat, theres settings somewhere for it i'm sure - i think it's incase you hit the button by accident.

xx

"We're unable to get our cam to work.

Any suggestions please?"

Mines the same,works everywhere but here

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

"check that you have webacam enabled in chat, theres settings somewhere for it i'm sure"

Cheers, I've looked in settings but can't see anything that says enable webcam, does anyone have a suggestion?

dunblane, stirling

"check that you have webacam enabled in chat, theres settings somewhere for it i'm sure

Cheers, I've looked in settings but can't see anything that says enable webcam, does anyone have a suggestion? "

when in chat, under your avatar, there's a button that says settings, there are privacy settings where you have to allow userplane to access your camera and camera settings that ask you which camera to use. you also have to tick the box that enables hardware acceleration.

Hope this helps.

xx

I think fabswingers is the best platform to have fun with

» Add a new message to this topic