FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Hidden profile

Hidden profile

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *edhornydevil OP   Man  over a year ago

ilfracombe

Dear support, We have chosen to hide our profile so that we can do the searching for people we like the look of and not get hundreds of unwanted mails from couples that dont fit our desires.

However, we have noticed a shortcoming in the system whereby people who are silver or gold members and can see whos looked at them, then have an open window inwhich to see us and mail back!

This obviously makes the whole point of hiding profiles pointless, so, can this loophole be closed please?

Thankyou, N & T

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

You can use your privacy settings so you stop showing on people "looked at me list" then you get what you are asking for.

http://www.fabswingers.com/my/privacy

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

ya profile isnt hidden maybe thats why lol plus we ??? im lost on that bit

By *edhornydevil OP   Man  over a year ago

ilfracombe

Thanks for your message but you seem to have lost the point of the thread ie our cpl profile is hidden hence the "we"!

Therefore, "we" have used "my" sgl profile which isnt hidden to ask support for this to be sorted.

Hope that explains, Cheers.

oppss my bad lol

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

" can this loophole be closed please?

"

no site problem or loophole , just user error as explained above

By *anictechCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow - ish ;-)

"Dear support, We have chosen to hide our profile so that we can do the searching for people we like the look of and not get hundreds of unwanted mails from couples that dont fit our desires.

However, we have noticed a shortcoming in the system whereby people who are silver or gold members and can see whos looked at them, then have an open window inwhich to see us and mail back!

This obviously makes the whole point of hiding profiles pointless, so, can this loophole be closed please?

Thankyou, N & T"

So you can see the profile of whom you choose to message but they cannot see your couple profile? Mmmm Can't see that working terribly well. It's meant to be a two way communication/mutual interests and attraction, how is that possible if you have hidden yours? XxX MT

Theres no loophole, just go into your privacy settings and select not to appear on the 'who's looked at me' list.

"Dear support, We have chosen to hide our profile so that we can do the searching for people we like the look of and not get hundreds of unwanted mails from couples that dont fit our desires.

Thankyou, N & T

So you can see the profile of whom you choose to message but they cannot see your couple profile? Mmmm Can't see that working terribly well. It's meant to be a two way communication/mutual interests and attraction, how is that possible if you have hidden yours? XxX MT"

My thoughts exactly

By *z ThongzWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Thankyou, N & T"

There is no loop hole , u have the option of not being seen on looked at me of site supporters by changing it in ur privacy settings , u obviously havent done this.

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

Thankyou, N & T

So you can see the profile of whom you choose to message but they cannot see your couple profile? Mmmm Can't see that working terribly well. It's meant to be a two way communication/mutual interests and attraction, how is that possible if you have hidden yours? XxX MTMy thoughts exactly "

Doesnt bode well for having a high success rate when messaging people - who is going to reply

Thankyou, N & T

So you can see the profile of whom you choose to message but they cannot see your couple profile? Mmmm Can't see that working terribly well. It's meant to be a two way communication/mutual interests and attraction, how is that possible if you have hidden yours? XxX MTMy thoughts exactly

Doesnt bode well for having a high success rate when messaging people - who is going to reply "

We find hidden profiles iffy and certainly wouldn't communicate with someone who's is hidden. Be like having a shop wanting us to agree to buy their goods without them advertising what their selling....no chance

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

I have always found it strange when a profile is hidden it is only the text. You can still view their public gallery !

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"I have always found it strange when a profile is hidden it is only the text. You can still view their public gallery !"

well it doesn't take much effort to go into one's gallery and change the settings does it

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"I have always found it strange when a profile is hidden it is only the text. You can still view their public gallery !

well it doesn't take much effort to go into one's gallery and change the settings does it "

Correct so why don't they do it? defeats the object

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

What I can't understand is the rolly eyes when someone asks a question or comments....just because you might know the answer doesn't means others do.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I have always found it strange when a profile is hidden it is only the text. You can still view their public gallery !

well it doesn't take much effort to go into one's gallery and change the settings does it "

Assuming people know they need to....not everyone knows of every function on the site.

If a friend hides their profile, will last log in stay recorded from when they hide profile, or will last log in change each time like it does when profile is visible?

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

"If a friend hides their profile, will last log in stay recorded from when they hide profile, or will last log in change each time like it does when profile is visible?"

The last login always records their last login whether they display friends list or not

so you are allowed to look over other peoples profiles but they arent allowed to see who has been looking at them!! i find that a wee bit hypocritical! if u look at them surely they are able to be nosy as well! just my point of view tho!

Going back to the 'you know what you need to know' comment relating to fab's features, it seems so many people don't even take time out to read the basics with regards privacy settings, and its alarming that a default setting allows any profile being accessed from anyone on the world wide web / thats if you haven't deselected the search option....albeit its readable with pixelated photos only, still alarming though and i bloody hate it when my name is vicariously associated with these profiles through being on the friend or veri list....anyhoo Hidden Profiles, bloody hate the things too lol and i think they should only be adopted when the person is taking a break from the site. It defeats the purpose of fab and the people who use them are invariably (although they're exceptions) smug too! I refuse to be associated with anyone using such a profile with the usual excuse of them being stalked or receiving too many messages, in which case use your message filters and if it means so much invest in a subscription....£2.50 per month is hardly breaking the bank! And it's bemusing reading all the urban myths about how the site violates privacy.... It's the users' blissful ignorance that causes that. And maybe im jealous because i dont get much mail...then again that might be the filters and my lack of nuddy pics haha. Mrs A x

£2.50 a month ..... have you got shares in fab it costs the rest of us £5 lol

"£2.50 a month ..... have you got shares in fab it costs the rest of us £5 lol"

It cost £5 for gold for 30 ish days but you get 60 days with silver making it only £2.50 a month

I rest my case about ignorance is bliss .... I thought the £2.50 was self explanatory as well lol x

» Add a new message to this topic